GTS S11 - Fastest Lap and Race Times

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Matthyus, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    So I like stats, likely how I found my way to this side of the racing community :)
    I also like digging into them, just read back through some chat last time I did this @StigsTC :D

Anyhow, for the new and old alike
    DISCLAIMER - Download the Excel sheet, DO NOT use Google Sheets as it doesn't work.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15KDzbpGB-_ipUfrQEJRtTMzcXrhrVCey/view?usp=sharing

What this is, is a visual representation of your pace against everyone else who raced.
    This figure is created combining your FL and Total Race Time (breaking them down to milliseconds via some nifty Excel wizardary) and comparing it to the Fastest on the night (Normally @KeedenMcdonald), but for a change it wasn't him for the most part!! :eek::alien:
    Is the resident alien finally showing some cracks in his armour or is the competition finally catching up?? Time will tell :whistling:

How to use it
    Using standard Excel filters, just use the down arrow and un-select all users.
    Go find yourself and some people you wish to compare yourself too (like the screenshot below)
    [​IMG]
    To explain or expand on the picture please read on.
    First up, this shows ALL 11 seasons of GTS that we've run. We've had almost 200 different drivers over that time!!
    Last time I did this I did a separate one for just that season, so if the demand is there, I'll throw it together.
    Now the picture.
    Initial first looks you can see that I've selected only a hand full of racers, whom i've known since I joined all those haircuts ago.
    @REVO_Bryan who has been a D1 stable for as long as i've known him is someone I like to measure up against and would 'someday' like to catch, as unlikely as that is :whistling:
    His Dark blue line stands out and goes to show his overall pace has remained fast regardless of car.
    @Tristan Jones is someone who joined at the same time as me and we've enjoyed a great friendship over the years. BTW Don't change Teams!! :D
    As you can see, Jonesy hasn't quite found that pace but has enjoyed success in his division.
    The rest of the drivers selected are all very close in terms of our pace.
    We've all been very close to each other, at the top end of D3 to mid pack D2 for quite some time.
    An odd data point in the graph is @emmo46 pace in the S11 car. Compared to the group selected his pace was slower than the division below. Which actually lines up with what was mentioned at some stage during the season in that the top of the division is generally that of the division above it. Something I strive to remove, but it is very hard to even out.

Some other take aways from the data and more of an overall is S3 in that dreaded Lexus and the SF19 in S10.
    I've said enough about the Lexus already, but the SF19 although stuck to the ground like glue, a general rule of thumb is the faster the car, the bigger the spread between divisions.
    Season 4 to 9 we had some of the closest racing I've seen.

What do the numbers mean
    They mean in percentage how far away you were from the fastest.
    I use these numbers to help determine divisions and general overall pace.

I'm still trying to work out what number percentage they are.
    For exmaple (is 1.04XXXXX 4% away?) and what would that make 1.013, 1.3% slower.
    Actually that sounds about right and incorrect at the same time..

On a personal note, S11 was my fastest yet. Not by much, but just.
    On this figure alone, the pace I raced is top of D2, compared to S10 where I was back half D3.

But in racing, it doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, Winnings Winning!!
    incey, pat65, kiwinado and 7 others like this.
  2. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    So I thought why not, let's do S11.

DISCLAIMER - Download the Excel sheet, DO NOT use Google Sheets as it doesn't work.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fZ0pjJ2Wb6tTnVGEQ_HwTWdlwy9J85PN/view?usp=sharing

So, yeah. This is a full breakdown of pace for all drivers for S11.
    Stand outs.
    Mt Panaorama seemed to be a struggle for a lot of ppl as seen by the spread of pace.
    Oddly enough, Catalunya and RBR were the closest in pace.

Other fun facts.
    As is no surprise we had the most signups, with the number ending up being 110+, with 96 people earning points. GoGo Global Pandemic!!
    Race 2 had our highest attendance with a record of 77 racers.
    Closely followed by Races 1 and 3, 72 and 71 respectably.

On to pace.
    Another record happened as well.
    @KeedenMcdonald while still an alien, had his worst season in pace, likely due to others nabbing FL's or a Win. Now while I say 'Worst Season ever', this is a matter of degrees. By less than .0001% :D:alien: Still an Alien

The next closest in raw pace are as follows:
    @GT-71CKL
    @Noble
    @xlxy90
    @CaptainRisky21

Aside from a few exceptions, this would have to have been one of the closest seasons in terms of pace.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2020