Hello All

Discussion in 'New Members' started by David Antoney, Aug 18, 2012.

1. David Antoney

David Antoney New Recruit

Hey everyone.

Have been checking these forums out for the past month or so, thought I would finally sign up and say hello.
    My name is David, i'm 21 from Cairns, Queensland.

I've been racing online for almost 8 years now. Starting with Toca on the PC moving to rFactor, then onto forza 4.
    I still turn the PC on from time to time but it's on the odd occasion. I'm more into the console gaming scene at the moment.

If you're interested in a race on forza 4 then add me to xbl. "Visitor tR"

Looking forward to see you guys on the race tracks.

*I noted that the Forza side of things isn't that active at the moment. I'd like to have a chat to the coordinator of this division in regards to some new events + tournaments.
  2. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Hi David and welcome, although I don't X-Box I am sure the guys might like to see some action in the threads, and I am sure if you could recruit some more X-Box guys this would be a good place for you guys to co-ordinate events and series, I believe you should PM KidCastro and KoAStR, they would be the guys to give you permission to do this as I am only a footsoldier and don't have that authority.
  3. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Forza misses out on alot of love from quite a few of us due to its lack of wheel support. If you could use logitech wheels on Xbox id be all over it. As it is the xbox wheel is hard to find and not as good as the logitechs.
  4. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Not only that tek, but the way wheels are handled in Forza is utter crap imo, cars just feel like they're on ice when compared to using a pad, the whole reasoning behind using a wheel is that extra level of precision and realism, also the fact that using a wheel "should" be faster than using a pad, or at least equally as fast (hello, GT5), instead, you'd need to practice for a thousand hours to get within a second of your pad times, it really, really sucks balls if you ask me becuase Forza 4 is honestly a superior game to GT5 but without being able to use my expensive wheel and pedal setup, in which I purchased primarily for Forza 4 (and now use on nothing but GT5 :rolleyes:) it's just no fun, I mean, I actually feel guilty using a controller when I've got that wheel sitting right next to me, anyway, rant over.
  5. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Feel better snake ? LOL
  6. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Much Stu, thankyou for enquiring. :p
  7. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    +1. With my recent wheel issues I decided to use it on the other platforms before sending it back. Hooked it up to the PC and d/l'd trial versions of LFS and rfactor, and apart from the wheel's FFB issues I had a ball for an hour or so with both games. I even got a month of iracing to try that, and I will admit the learning curve is steeper, but within 10min's I was throwing down some smooth (if slow) laps. Then I hooked up the xbox and F4, 10 minutes later I turned it off and added the game to my trade pile. I played a million hours of F3 with a wheel and had a great time, F4 with a wheel is just broken, it's such a shame.
  8. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Sssshhh, Anon! Don't get me started again! :lol: