Hello from newbie

Discussion in 'New Members' started by chaos75, May 1, 2020.

1. chaos75

chaos75 New Recruit

Hi all - stumbled across this forum while looking into racing sims (woke up one morning and decided I wanted to race...go figure!)
    I see there are a number of games that you guys play - any recommendations for an absolute beginner like myself (on PS4)? Any suggestions on getting my feet wet would also be appreciated!
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    we have 2 games on ps4. GT Sport and Project Cars 2

I run the GT Sport league on Sunday nights, and having played both games I of course recommend GT Sport
    BIG W has it for $24
    https://www.bigw.com.au/product/pla...GSpgyAskn-MqUO7tf0QaAn0DEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

If you're interested, get your name down in the league here:
    https://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/gt-sport-season-11-entry-thread.3991/

There is also a fortnightly community series here too:
    https://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/supercars-next-generation-series.3963/
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Come to the Dirt side!
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  4. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Welcome mate. GT Sport and Dirt Rally 2 both good options for PS4. Next race is ~8pm AEST this Sunday so come try out that if you're keen. Also there is a community event every 2nd Thursday that is heaps of fun. Get racing!
  5. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    imagine the download starting gtsport now. hope you got unlimited nbn @chaos75
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Of course! Dirt 2.0 is free for ps plus members this month, so you have 4-5 days left to get it for free!
  7. chaos75

chaos75 New Recruit

Thanks for the welcome chaps.
    Will check out the events mentioned - might have to practice a bit before embarrassing myself! :)
  8. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Welcome to rooz mate project cars 2 is a great racing Sim and dirt Rally 2.0 is excellent rally sim
  9. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Welcome mate... it all depends what you are after !
    I run the Pcars2 leagues and its a bit more in depth than GT Sport.

If you want something thats a little more 'arrive and drive' then GT Sport would be good. PCARS2 is a bit more in depth, down to weather changes, track evolution and car feel. AM sure you could get PCARS2 as a second hand on disk from EB games...Is still pretty pricy on Playstation +....

The other thing is, are you on wheel or controller ? If on Wheel, the force feedback and car feel is much better on PCARS than GTS. If on Controller, the GTSport is much easier to handle.

Let us know what might interest you and will help point you in the right direction.... I
    Cheers stu
    Anthonyb and KoAStR like this.
  10. chaos75

chaos75 New Recruit

Thanks for the suggestions. I managed to get a second hand Logitech G29 which I've used with GTS. Spent the whole morning practicing some circuits this morning which was a lot of fun. I don't have a rig/cockpit, so pretty rudimentary and slightly uncomfortable, but manageable (for now!)
    Last edited: May 2, 2020
    UrsineSaturn9 and stucar17 like this.
  11. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Sounds good.
    Takes a few sessions to settle into using a wheel and getting used to it.
    Play around with the setting for wheel strength for the force feedback (in the game options) to see what feels the best for you.
    Enjoy.

With GTSport is a heap of guys that will help you out with your settings if want to know anything.
    Anthonyb and Hatfield like this.
  12. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Don't have a G29, but the default in game settings (7/7) I find to be a bit too much and have then turned down to 4/3 I think
  13. chaos75

chaos75 New Recruit

Cheers - I turned down the force feedback settings and more comfortable now.
    UrsineSaturn9 and stucar17 like this.