Hey There

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Pete, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Pete

Pete Rookie

Hi there. Pete here (haagen on steam). I live in Melbourne and have played a bit of GP 2013 and GT6 but since I have got Assetto Corsa the wheel has come back out and it is pretty much all I run now days.

I am still having trouble with car setups never quite got my head around it. But I look forward to some good races and learning a few tricks.
    Anon666 and stucar17 like this.
  2. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  3. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Welcome Pete, don't stress about not being good at setups, I'm :poop: at it too.
    There's a setup tutorial for AC although it's from the Beta days of AC, but it's still good in it explains the basics on how things work & why, it has some nice detailed pics to create a visual image of whats what, plus you can always ask some of the quicker guys for some tips on setups, they're usually more than willing to assist, R0T0R and KoAStR are the 2 quickest in my opinion:D;)
    Car Setup Tutorial -> https://mega.co.nz/#!mk1TWJIS!pvZ14F1KHry78rowWLLChQUzEu_GG-hynmTidStJFbE

Cheers
  4. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Most of the default sets in AC are pretty good now so setup tuning is not essential to be competitive.
    The descriptions over (most) of the adjustment settings are pretty good too (hover cursor over them and it's a pop up).
    The boys are definitely happy to help.
  5. Pete

Pete Rookie

Thanks for the link AJ, it is a quite well written document. Its good to see the relative merits of what to adjust.

Koastr, that is handy to know. For me at least it is not so much about known what does what, but more about what will have the biggest affect on the problem I want to correct. Which is usually under steer, which I think is sometimes driver expectations exceeding cars capabilities :)