Hi From SE Melb

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Ryzza5, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    PSN: Ryzza5 / Steam: Ryzza5
    I better do the due and make an intro thread here.

Name is Ryan
    IT SysAdmin working in the CBD
    Drive a supercharged + turbocharged 2009 VW Golf (1.4L, ~155kW/320nm torque with APR ECU remap and Audi S3 Intercooler with a bunch of interior improvements).
    Ride a Honda CBR500R to work.

I was brought into the world of steering wheels and online gaming + forums by Test Drive Unlimited (PC) back in 2008. That progressed to older PC sims such as GTR2 and Race 07 (never got into rFactor although I do have a license). Have dabbled in iRacing a tiny amount since 2010 but never quite got into it. Enjoying the behind the scenes look into game development and seeing Project CARS progress. Also looking forward to TDU's spiritual successor The Crew (made by the same core team of devs - TDU2 was made by other staff and was awful). I am a 'super moderator' and WP author on the worldwide gaming site turboduck.net (formerly tdu-central.com). I also have ~20 laps of real life experience at Phillip Island GP in various high performance VWs/Audis.

Now with all that history you've probably worked out how I've ended up here, but you'd be wrong - I came across Velly posting on VWWatercooled looking for new OzCoMoBros members, and have joined them for some great league racing in Season 6 and 8 as a tier 2 driver in GT5. While I have done some GT6 races with them I didn't see it as a mature enough platform for league racing and since I don't have all the time in the world I'll often switch between which driving game I focus on each month or so.

I have all my official league races here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJO09rIH740p4Zi1fADiDvgCQOz5w1tD1
    The best races have replays to go with them. Recorded using an Elgato Game Recorder HD.

I might be a bit quiet around here for a little while but do plan to get in on some action later.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
    Peter Wise and stucar17 like this.
  2. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    G'day Ryan. Nice intro! Welcome aboard.
    Do you get into any Assetto Corsa?
  3. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    PSN: Ryzza5 / Steam: Ryzza5
    I've had it since the start, just haven't played it much recently.
    AJ.Scott and KoAStR like this.