GT6 HI-TEC OILD Super GT Series COPPER

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by VARDZ, Jan 2, 2015.

1. TasTim2

TasTim2 Rookie

PSN ID
    TasTim2
    what a race again. best community of all time. cheers
    Ad2mny, SuiCid3 and Peter Wise like this.
  2. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Epic fun last night.
    That was the first race in a long time where I didn't spin out at all!
    Had to take evasive action at the start when @Giant slayer false started, but he moved off to the side to make things a little easier. First half of the lap was going well and was holding it together with the front runners, until we got to Stavelot, where @Killercarlcox69 and I think @jasondull1986 had a coming together, which caused @Killercarlcox69 to spin out.
    I original thought I t-boned him which gave me a 3 second collision penalty, but upon watching the replay, I think it was @Peter Wise that hit him, and I rammed into @Peter Wise with nowhere else to go. This ended up punting him forward and enough to send him into the sand.
    I'm happy to take a post race penalty for this hit, as I didn't redress on track.
    After being sent back down the order after this, I made a massive move at the end of lap 2 at the final chicane.
    Dove late with some really heavy braking, and managed to get the better of both @Footlong_warrior and @chrystalmighty!
    Was a pretty epic move if I do say so myself!
    @Giant slayer was right behind me at this point, but with his fatter and heavier GTR, couldn't copy my move, but did take advantage of the confusion I caused between the earlier two.
    From here on, it was just a matter of running as hard as I could to try and catch up with the guys in front.
    Was gifted a place or two as others went wide or spun and was slowing catching up to @VARDZ around the 30 minute mark.
    As I was closing up to his bumper, he decided to pit. I was thinking of pitting at the same time, but decided to keep going for another 2 more laps. BIG mistake, as after I exited the pits, I was a further 10 seconds behind him!
    With about 10 minutes to go, @Giant slayer came out of his second pit stop a little behind me, and then the race was on!
    For the next couple of laps, we traded blows at every corner, with me holding a defensive line as much as possible.
    The nimble RX7 was more than a match for the enormous power the GTR had, so the corners were all mine even when taken a less than ideal line.
    After 1 or 2 laps of constant fighting, I noticed that we were closing in on @VARDZ and @jasondull1986 up ahead. I then decided that if the opportunity arose, then I would let @Giant slayer through to see if we could catch them even faster.
    Unfortunately @Giant slayer made a few errors and I wasn't going to wait around, so just took the position back.
    On the 3rd last lap, on the exit of Eau Rouge I ran massively wide and decided to let @Giant slayer through, as he was sitting right on my tail at the time.
    I held on to him for the rest of the lap and the 2nd last lap, but made a tiny mistake going through Eau Rouge so couldn't get the tow off @Giant slayer. So that ended any chance of catching both of them for a surprise podium.
    All in all, it was an awesome night of racing and the battle with @Giant slayer was epic clean and should be what everyone here strives for. It was toe-to-toe racing for a number of laps without ANY touching at all.
    Ad2mny and Giant slayer like this.
  3. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    All good @SuiCid3, I saw the smoke and tried to avoid it but t-boned killercarl as I didnt have anywhere to go once he spun in front of me and I think i jumped over him when i hit. I didnt even notice that you hit me
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  4. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    Footlong_warrior and v8power383 like this.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  6. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    @Hatfield giant slayer is running 3rd seat of schulz motorsport as of last night... sorry for the lack of a heads up. Fine to add to after round three
  7. TasTim2

TasTim2 Rookie

PSN ID
    TasTim2
    might push the car in the straights, would be faster on dayton, early days yet. love the charts guys, excellent job.
  8. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
  9. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Its the work guys like @Hatfield @emmo46 do that make our community the best in the country...cheers boys
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Thanks for the good word. I have updated the schulz team in the charts and you will see the changes after next round
    skywalker and VARDZ like this.
  11. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Here are the pens for Daytona. The half pen from your position in the championship from the previous round has been removed to even things up.
    [​IMG]
    Footlong_warrior likes this.
  12. LITTLEBLACKO942

LITTLEBLACKO942 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    LITTLEBLACKO932 GTP_AussieRacer GTP_RacerOz
  13. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Looks like I'll be lagging at the back this time around.. Footlong has some pretty epic pace doing 50's.
  14. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Low 50's at that
  15. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Might need some practice I don't even know the track layout yet.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Well the race isn't until next weekend since we break for long weekend
  17. Giant slayer

Giant slayer Professional

PSN ID
    GiantSlayer_48
    Well this track at Daytona is a little unusual to what we are use to coming from the Yankees o_O
    there is a left and here is where it gets tricky there's a right left then there's a another unexpected right then a left then a right after that a left and then again a long left then you travel down the road for a little bit then you come into a left right then a right left then you have another long left then you continuing to follow the road to you come to a slight little left and you are done

As this is my knowledge of the track I hope this helps you out mate :cautious: :rolleyes: :p :roflmao:
    Kart-No-1, SuiCid3 and skywalker like this.
  18. Footlong_warrior

Footlong_warrior Team Driver

PSN ID
    Footlong_Warrior twoinch_inya
    i'll be doing some practice today boys see if i can still get in the 50s
  19. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Yes boys high 51 is where i am at so a lot of work to be done before lights out
  20. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    HI-TEC OILS SUPER GT SERIES ROUND 3
    24 HOURS OF DAYTONA INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY ROAD COURSE
    • RACE DURATION 1 HOUR TO COVER A 24 HOUR PERIOD
    • TYRES : ANY RACING
    • TYRE WEAR : NORMAL
    • 1 MANDITORY PIT STOP
    • RACE START TIME 11am with TIME PROGRESSION at 24
    • WEATHER AS PER REAL WORLD LOCATION.
    http://www.myweather2.com/Motor-Racing/United-States-Of-America/Daytona-International-Speedway.aspx?sday=2
    • ROOM OPEN FROM APPROX 7.30 PM AND Q1 STARTING NO LATER THAN 8.15 PM
    • HI-TEC OILS QUALIFYING Q1 WILL CONSIST OF AN OUT LAP + 3 LAPS 2 - 3 & 4 ONCE EVERYONE FINISHES THEIR Q1 CONTINUE AROUND TO THE PIT ENTRY AREA AND WAIT THE THE SESSION TO BE COMPLETED. ONCE THE Q2 QUALIFYERS ARE CONFIRMED, COMPLETE YOUR CHANGE OF TYRES AND START Q2 WHICH WILL BE AN OUT LAP + 3 LAPS.
    • IF THE TOP QUALIFYIER FROM Q1 DESIRES HE HAS THE OPTION OF BEING THE FINAL CAR TO START Q2
    • PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR CAR SET AT THE CORRECT BHP LEVELS WHETHER STOCK OR AT THE PENALISED LEVEL.
    [​IMG]