I have come here to chew bubblegum and say hello...

Discussion in 'New Members' started by CastrosfriendChe, Jan 5, 2014.

1. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    Hi.
    I haven't really been around Gran Turismo since hmmm 3 or 4 on the ps2.
    Not a huge gamer by any stretch of the imagination, but a few years back I got into Arma on the pc, (a gem of a game as far as combat simulators go) and was bit by the player vs player bug there. Picked up a ps3 and have used it mainly as a BR movie player, eventually picked up GTAV and again got into the online part of it and the arcade racing. But nothing is perfect and finding a clean race amongst second rate bumper car enthusiasts was a headache to say the least. A good test for patience though. Then finally picked up GT6 last Friday and here we are...in the deep end. Yet to race a single human being so I'll have to comb this forum and add a few of you to get things started. Curious to find out how my skill level matches up with keeping within the rules etc when racing other ppl compared to AI.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Sounds good mate, I can guarantee that these are a great bunch of guys to race against, and for the most part there are no bumper cars !

Add me on psn. Stuart170773 and we will be sure to get you lined up with some great racing.

I will be online tonight from about 8:30 Sydney time so if you see me in a lobby please come and say hi.

Cheers stu
  3. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    Just wanted to say that was some good racing last night, the way you all so thoughtfully gave me that buffer zone around my car a by the 3rd corner in each race was cool lol. Thought it was quite the challenge turning off traction control and whatnot, a first for me. By the second last race my concentration levels were spent. Keen to practice though and keep at it ;)
    stucar17 likes this.
  4. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    You are allowed to use Traction Control and ABS in our League races, everything else is forced off though.
    Some of the more powerful super cars almost need TC to stay on the track (for me anyway), but the BRZ is not too bad. If you feel you need to, you can use it, no harm mate. There's a couple of corners on Bathurst that I wish I had it, but not for the rest of the track...lol
  5. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Glad you enjoyed it mate, was good to see you on track.

One of the things we really try to push here is clean racing, if there is contact i can almost guarantee its not intentional, but more often than not a genuine mistake or something to do with the network, which can be unreliable.

Keep an eye out for the Qualifying regs, everyone will have to do a lap so we can get everyone in the right division.
    Hopefully catch you in the next few nights.:)

Cheers
    Stu