IRACING Iracing 2013 Monday night V8 series YouTube replays

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Bonus 888, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

2. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

[video].youtube.com/watch?v=3CwVIX6DltY&list=UUM6hpzaXiYP48MaUbAcvQkw&index=3[/video]

Week 13 race of Champians, includes a interview with Shane Van Gisbergen

[video].youtube.com/watch?v=0MX2sUUPKcM&list=UUM6hpzaXiYP48MaUbAcvQkw[/video]

Race 1

[video].youtube.com/watch?v=iQV_nMytcgw&list=UUM6hpzaXiYP48MaUbAcvQkw[/video]
  3. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Last nights race for those unfortunates who missed the live action. Was yet another exciting race and some real bad luck for Mads who was looking strong for another win. Beau flew in for his first Monday night top split V8 race for the year and with limited track time and only receiving the set-up just before the race he did fairly well. We got a bit of air time for the new livery. Old M8 Stratty started in 4th for his first Monday night race but had some off tracks at the start which put him way back but he managed to get back into the top 10

[video=480,360]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDiTCuGJc1g[/video]
  4. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yer I missed it thanks for the link Bones, great covergae and viewing.
    Love that cockpit view they've setup on the passenger side so you can see passed the roll cage (about 12min mark)

Saw that Mad's had DNF'd with after getting close and personal with the wall on FB.. bad luck mate - that was a massive hit! Just at the wrong place at the wrong time there. :rolleyes: Poor muggo too, will be kicking himself!

Great drive and result for Leigh Ellis though, so not all was lost inthe TTR camp :)

Bad luck there for Stratty too, big race day nerves I presume. You're quali pace will turn to race results with more race experience in no time I'm sure. Still getting back up to top 10 from 18th or whatever it was is a good effort.

Great to see Beau mixing it in there too, bold move with little track time. Well done mate picking up 7 odd positions. Wish I coulda been home and given you some support. Big move from Stratty to get passed you at the Chicane late in the race.

Was sorta in the same boat on Sunday. Not happy with my quali time at all, got a PB but with a minor off-track just before the line so invalidated, and not enough time for another qual I was stuck with a time 0.5s off my PB. Started 15th on the grid, would have been top 10 with my invalid time and probably had the pace to keep it there, but not enough to catch up from further behind.

Got a bum start (bogged it down) which was maybe a blessing in disguise as I might have been more caught up in first lap incidents had I been further foward (like Neishy!). Managed to climb up to 7th, held my position from there but finished 10th in the end with pit strategies. Wasn't stoked but not too bad considering... 5 pos up.

Neishy was not far behind and possibly closing but had to contend with a few on track issues early on, and maybe an unforced error in the dying laps.
  5. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Last nights action packed race, Mads had a Giz gear moment and dropped the clutch with out having a gear selected, a pile up involving a fair few of the field followed. To Mads defence it has been three years since he had had such a stuff up and there were lot bigger stuff ups in this race by others as tempers flared. There were some very suss moves made and although not the best look for the series it did make for some entertaining viewing.

Qual and pre race
    [video=480,360]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0xPErrIQsc[/video]

The action packed race
    [video=480,360]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDjjTK4AM4o[/video]
  6. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Wow. Wow. Alot of oh dear and poor sportsmanship moments there..... retribution for retribution, could be disciplinary action for more than one driver out of that debarcle. At least one of those moves had mixed good/bad intentions in that it helped out a team mate! Pity it degenerated/escalated to some pretty disgraceful behaviour from guys who should know better.

I feel for Troy Cox though, as the commentators said, that was a joke. Just like that move by Stanaway at the end... can't believe he didn't redress that one.... and as a real life racer he should know waaay better. Ruggier was very gracious in post race interview. Good attitude.

Shoulda had a run, for a mid-rear pack runner like me I might of had a chance at snagging some epic points. Coulda gone both ways though.

Love the track but not much time spent on it overall and not much time for practice this week.. I was busy on some different tracks that I haven't been to in ages and also love - Riding DH and park Sat/Mon. Hoped to have some GoPro vids of the DH action but the battery wasn't charged :8
  7. basilenco

basilenco Rookie

My last couple of races had some really bad sportsmanship, not even an apology when I am run into the wall. Really put me off iracing for a while seeing as those incidents ruin your whole race, not like GT5 where you can pick up where you left off. But i'll get back into it again soon just need a lil break so it's more fun and not so frustrating
  8. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yer Stanaway put a pretty dodgey move on me a couple of weeks back at Phil Island that cost me a couple of positions... disappointing.
  9. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

I was very impressed with Justin Ruggier's response to what had happened, sure we all wish we could control our emotions as well as he did. I gained a lot of respect for some guys last night and lost it for ever for a few others.
  10. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  11. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

12. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

13. Mad94d

Mad94d Madison Down

PSN ID
    mad94d
    What needs to remembered there is that Justin and Richie are quite good friends. Although not officially on the same team, they work together on setups etc. They are very close so I wasn't at all surprised, a little surprised though that he didn't readdress given that Justin is so desperate for a championship.

As for me... What a knob. That's all I can really say.
  14. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I sorta figured as much with Richie given Ruggiers attitude towards it and a couple of things the commentators said.

:lol: Nice one Mad.... yea it was a bit of an epic fail on your part since you mention it! :p Saw you swap ends a few times as well :8 Hey mate at least you don't take it all (and yourself) too seriously and come out upbeat with a smile on your face. ;) Keep up the good work.
  15. Mad94d

Mad94d Madison Down

PSN ID
    mad94d
    Yeah all you can really do is laugh in the end. Just one of those things hey, not quite concentrating and yeah... end result was entertaining to say the least. But yeah, I knew the race was written off. Steering was quite bent and I just was out there powersliding a bit and yeah it swapped ends a few times. But really, my head space was all wrong on monday night. Drove like a bit of a tool myself.