IRACING iRacing Endurance Event - 120 Minutes of Thunder

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Bonus 888, Jun 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

http://insidesimracing.tv/forums/viewtopic.php?f=205&t=7223
    Riley Daytona Prototype 120 Minutes of Thunder
    Any RooZ guys thinking of doing this event? They have practice servers up until the 24th then there will be official practice sessions open until the 30th, race day 8AM Sunday, yes they consciously made the time to suit their "Ossie friends". Need a good set up for the Riley @ Watkins Glen, you can also run in the Cadi in the race but for the hosted practice session they will have one room for each separate. IN the main race and official practice sessions they will be combined and you don't have to own the Riley for these sessions.

Any guys thinking of giving Iracing a try, Inside Simracing tv are offering the track and the riley included in the 3 month $15 trial. If you are considering joining for this don't forget to add one of the rooz guys name to the referred by section of the sign up. The Rily on this track is real good and most will be able to get used to it fairly quickly.
  2. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

I'm interested. Will need to purchase car and track. Oh, and will need to get into a prac session with someone to get a handle on the set up process.
  3. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Can do it in the Cadi, i think Neishy may be doing it in that. I just got a setups off the site and its not bad, just one corner I'm having trouble with. This the first time trying one of these events so not expecting much other than a bit of fun. There are practice session up every day in the hosted section Darin from inside sim racing TV is the host, just did some laps there just now.
  4. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I have a pretty good set for the Riley at Sebring... could be a good base for Watkins.... but that time... I don't think I'll be getting up before 6am any day of the week let alone Sunday :/
  5. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Thought it might be a bit early for the WAians. Got a set off the inside simracing Tv site, made a couple shock changes and into the 141's only after doing about 5 laps. They say 139 to 141 is the times to aim for, but alians in the 38's and 37's. They got the practice roomsworking for both cars now to Neishy.

And koaster we need one of your sets for VIR in the v8, last weeks was great, did really well (for me that is) in 1 of my races and taken out by a tool in the 2nd split monday night race.
  6. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    Hmmm no prizes for guessing the particular tool in question, and that setup was working nice for me too. I think I might run the Riley too for something different, I'll jump on this arvo for some laps I reckon.
  7. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

You got the Riley now Neishy? I made a couple changes to the setup and it real stable on that one corner (3rd last i think) that tries to turn you round and upside down. I Got a 141.8 after only a few laps of changing it. Yer I be on 5 ish for a run in it.
    Hey you guys giving NSW a bit of false hope they got a chance to break the VoooDooo on them.
  8. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Bones, i'm not going to register for this event. I didn't realise at the time it is quite a serious event. I assumed it was a local ROOZ thing. If you are looking for a spotter though, i'd be more than willing. Sorry about the misunderstanding.
  9. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    Miki, don't be intimidated by this event, there will be plenty of splits and these kind of races are split by qualifying time only. If you were in a lower split and kept it on the road the whole time you might find you would place very well. Come run a practice with us and see how you go, but if you just wanna spot for us that would be great too.
  10. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea Niesh is right Miki, just get into it...

They take the Monday night v8 pretty seriously too, didn't stop me making that my first race in the v8 ever just a couple of days after driving it for the first time.... as Niesh said, I just kept it on the road and found myself a few spots up from where I started by the end.. it's all good experience.

There'll be plenty of others in your position and a host of them will have less talent than you. ;)
  11. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Yer Miki this race is official but no more serious than any other race you would have run in. Inside Sim racing TV run them to get a 2 hour race going, they were originally just hosted but got so popular Iracing are backing them by making them official. Got a bit of a good setup now so jump in a practice server with us and have a bit of fun, got till the 30th to decide if you want to race. You don't have to register for the race, its like any other race, decide on the day and your on your way. The registration is to be eligible for the prizes Inside Sim racing TV are offering, and guess what Aussies not eligible for them, but they will be offering us something else if we do win.

Its a good opportunity to try this car in a race (I Havent raced it yet) and on a track I like and try the 2 hour format out for the first time.

This could be a return to the Supra days Miki, you kiking MY asssss, i'm sure you will handle this car and track with ease.
  12. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

I bought the car and track and had a quick run got to 1.45 and will most likely get a few seconds with a setup and some tips to get thru a couple of spots. That 3rd last corner (the one where the long track and short track merge) is a weird one. Taken shallow, the car oversteers with putting the power down and taken wide with a straight exit still feels like it wants to unsettle the rear end.
    Love that chicane. I get thru a little faster each time. Soon i will be entering it flat out. :)

Also bought V8 Supercar, Phillip Island, Mustang and Star Mazda. Tried a lap of Phillip Island in the V8 and found it understeers wildly. Had to restart the first lap a few times cause I couldn't slow it enough to turn without visiting sand traps. :lol:
  13. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Getting there slowly, down to 1.42.9 but really need to sort out my braking. Damn GT5 ABS really teaches bad habits! Maybe i'll invent a slow release brake pedal. lol
    Dunno if 1.43's is a safe race pace. Who needs a spotter most?
  14. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Getting there Miki, i haven't been back to it lately, the hosted rooms finish by the time i get on. Got Spa in the V8's this weeek and its a great track for the ol supercar, loving it.
  15. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    I had the same problem as you miki.
    Took me a fair while to get used to braking in sim.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.