IRACING IRLOZ S1 Time slot poll

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by KoAStR, Feb 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    OK guys there's enough drivers there already to start some fun racing and more are welcome to join at any stage. So let's commit to a time slot and get this going.

Considerations;
    • Sunday night limits participation of GT5ers (Timmo? and Bonus?)[/*]
    • Weeknight start times are limtied to approx 6.45pm WA time (9.45 NSW, 11.45 NZ with daylight savings) - proposed session time is 90mins so that's a late finish for some (11.15pm NSW, 1.15am NZ!).[/*]
    • The night preference will also dictate whether we run the 'current' iRacing track, or one week 'in advance'; and to some extent whether we run the 'even' or 'odd' track schedule[/*]

Known Preferences;
    • Chris votes for Sunday (Odd track Schedule)[/*]
    • My weeknight preference is Wednesday[/*]
    • I'm guessing Wayne your preference would be Sunday's for an earlier start/finish over in NZ![/*]
    • Timmo votes for Mondays (are you competing in GTLOZ on Sunday's?)[/*]

Please everybody who wants to participate, chuck in a vote to confirm preference and let us know if there's any slots you would be unable to attend. Actual times are not set in stone. We can adjust somewhat once we've decided on the most suitable day.

Cheers ;)

P.S. If there's no clear majority vote on first preference the vote will be decided most overall votes (first + second preferences)
    P.P.S. If there's no confirmation that anyone will be simply unable to make Sunday's then this will be given priority status (for non-majority or tie-breakers)
  2. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Lets get this sorted so we can start asap.
  3. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

Fabulous work, Dave ... you are a tireless superstar ... thank you :cool:

Despite all the attractions of a Wednesday/Current schedule, I still voted for the Sunday ... to keep the Kiwis in play ... but if it goes with the Wednesday, being every other week, I'm hoping the boys from over the Tasman can get fully involved ...

... and +1 to Dusty's sentiment :D
  4. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    i want to be involved but 11.45pm is just to late for me now...was ok when racing in GT5P ,we would race into the wee small hours but Iracing requires so much more concentration that i would just be the the grounds keeper racking the sand flat again.
    I would be there with the practice and quali's ... damn daylight saving!
  5. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    yeh, Kiwi's can't be expected to race that late. I voted for the Sunday time, hopefully a couple of others do too.
  6. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I need some confirmation of interest from those competeing in GT5 on Sunday. Or confirmation there are others who are unable to make Sunday.

Otherwise I'll probably just make an executive decision to override the votes and make it Sunday.

At the moment the only possible conflict with GT5 registered is Timmo who was DNS last week
  7. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

I'm behind whatever you decide, Tank :)
  8. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Alrighty.

Let's start this week. Tied on first preference is Sunday and Wednesday. The decider swings to Sunday unless there are any further votes or objections.

I will leave the poll open until Tuesday for any last minute voting (2 voters to lodge), but draft up the schedule now assuming Sunday.

Cheers for the input fella's.
  9. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

Sunday (for now, at least) ... so that's "advanced/odd", right ... i.e. Road America (Full) - 30 laps - Sun 12/02?
  10. Timmo_821

Timmo_821 TJ

Howdy, I'm not racing in the gt5 league, I'm devoting my time to iracing atm.

Can we do a 60min race instead during the week? Why 90min? Would this not accommodate everyone?

Cheers
    Tim
  11. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

I get what you're saying, Tim ... a shorter session, finishing earlier ... the Kiwis can play, etc ... ... but I'm not so sure, mate :)

Each hosted session is 2 hours long; my guess is that we will need pretty much every second of that time!

Late-comers and other delays, gridding-up, post-race (first race) banter, changing sets between races, etc ... a great many things, quite apart from racing, will no doubt nibble at our 2 hour window. We may need to keep some of that 2 hours in our pockets for contingencies, imho ... if we are hectically trying to squeeze everything into 60 mins, I would be worried too that we might also compromise the Club Night vibe ;)

Other racers might dig your idea, though ... I'm just thinking out loud. What say the Kiwis?
  12. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Stone, i think the session is pre-set. So when you book it you already determine how long prac/qual/race will be. So there is no leeway for people to be late or piss farting around, which has its benefits.
  13. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

Ahh ... I knew you determined length of event, Outta, be I didn't realise that couldn't leave gaps between portions of the session, i.e 5 mins between practice and qually, etc! Someone smarter than me better book the sessions ... I assumed the "QUALIFYING LAPS + TIME" might work to give us a buffer for any unavoidable "piss farting around" .!?

If you select "1 LAP + 5", doesn't that give us 5 mins to play with after the last racer finishes their hot lap?

signed,
    Clueless of Macedon
  14. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

TBH I dunno, but I think those laps/mins are minimums for the session.... Might take some experimentation.
  15. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    how did you go with CARS Outta?
  16. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

It sounded and looked ok. But I think F1 2010 looked better, both sound pretty good. I should make a video of F1 2010.

Also the steering was abysmal. Couldn't turn into corners, also it seemed speed dependent at slow speed I couldn't turn around using lots of lock, but at speed it felt ok. I tried playing with the wheel setting, but didn't improve it much.

Still a long way from finished.
  17. Timmo_821

Timmo_821 TJ

Fair point!
  18. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Yeah the physics are definitely rubbish!

Have you seen these C.A.R.S screenshots, obviously taken from a top notch pc.

http://www.virtualr.net/project-cars-ultra-high-detail-model-previews
  19. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Timmo. It's the whole session that's 90mins not the race.

Check out the session break down here

We've allowed a good 30-35mins for practising. This accomodates late comers, but also helps up build and share setups so the session functions as a club meet that we all benefit from.

Qualifying will be one lap each (solo but still concurrent), but I'll book this as a 10min time slot for the 'piss-farting' factor.

The actual races will only be 15mins and 30mins each but I'll book the maximum time with say a 10 min buffer.

From what I can gather from fiddiing with the booking options and reading/watching on the forums;
    The session timing is firm I believe although there maybe an option to proceed to the next session early. They are maximum times settings to ensure you get through all your intended sessions within the server booking (2hrs in our case, as this is the minimum). So it's an OR function, not and AND function. i.e. #of laps or maximum time allowance, not #of laps plus time allowance.

So practise will automatically switch to quali after 35mins maximum. Quali will end after 10 mins maximum. Races will end after the number of laps are reached or the maximum allowed time elapses. You have to set both. So race session will automatically end after say 25mins and 40mins.

I get where you're coming from but I think we're all keen on the benefits of a 'club meet' format. The two race format adds to this so there's an opportunity to try a different setup or just get a second chance, while also keeping the racing closer than longer races might otherwise.

P.S. Chris, with the 2 race format we have to book 2 sessions. With minimum session time 2hrs I'm sure we'll have plenty of time.
    What I'll do is setup the second round after we've finished in the first, so it doesn't start without us, or we don't have to wait around for the booked time if we finish early. So there'll be a few minutes to get us all over the the next server and you have to have a minimum 5mins practise.
  20. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I reckon rFactor 2 will look comparible to these shots when the HDR lighting is implemented.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here's a bunch more screens for rF2 HDR WIP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.