GT6 KARTS - shifter 125cc thoughts?

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Rypien, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Rypien

Rypien New Recruit

PSN ID
    Rypien
    I know most of you are concentrating on the League season that has just started, but have any of you tried the 'shifter 125cc' karts?

I must admit i was a bit skeptical at first, but after a few laps i've really been enjoying them. I've hosted a few lobbies and made it compulsory for everyone to use the 'in car/kart' view and the racing has been fun and competitive. Not every track is suited to the karts, but i've tested a few and found some real gems for racing. If you simply hotlap in these things it can get a bit boring to be honest, but add a driver of two on the grid and the racing is fun. Been mucking around at Suzuka East, SSR5 Clubman, Motegi East, Motegi West, Cape Ring Inside, Cape Ring South, London, and Eiger Norwand. Am finding these tracks seem to really suit these little screamers.

Hope to let the proper League Season get off and let drivers concentrate on that for a couple of rounds before perhaps trying to organise a Kart Evening of racing. I'm sure i could rustle up a few TORC racers to make the grid a reasonable size.

Will keep working on the concept and guage interest before trying to get anything up and running.

It wont be a series, just a fun evening to keep it simple and fun.
  2. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Yeah don't mind the shifter karts. The normal karts are pretty grippy machines as well. If you're talking small doses I'm keen. Long runs in the karts will melt my poor little brain.

Early in the week would probably be good while the season is still running. See what interest is out there, I know Clevo loves his karts.
  3. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    Im always keen for a crash or two....
  4. Rypien

Rypien New Recruit

PSN ID
    Rypien
    I'd be keen to let the forums main League get off the ground and let drivers concentrate on that for a couple of rounds at least. Important for guys to get off to a good start without too many distractions.

The mantra would be to keep it very simple, using the stock spec 125cc Shifter Karts so that you dont even have to buy one. I'd keep it in stock tune, make 'in car/kart' view mandatory, Sports Hard tyres for everyone, and i've found that an auto box works well and keeps things simple for all levels of driver. Tyre and Fuel would be set to 'off' to keep things basic and aimed at no hassle fun. Short sprint style races at a small handful of tracks to keep the timeframe short and sweet. Jump in with minimal prep, race, have some fun, move onto more important races.

Got my brother in laws race rig set up beside mine and he does not mind the odd Kart run. I've found the other Karts to be rubbish to be honest, the 'shifter' ones are soo much more fun to drive. I know one or two TORC guys who are keen to get a night of kart racing going.

Will see how the main League pans out and what other spot races and series are running before even contemplating setting a date for a race evening. Might even aim for next month to give everyone time to get settled into their various leagues. Will post up a date and guidelines in the next couple of weeks to give everyone time to digest my idea and gauge interest.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  5. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    I used to run a Kart league between the Seasons of the Sunday League, they were fun, and had good turn outs, would love to another up and running.
    JonoStan96 likes this.