Sim Controls Looking to start using a wheel.....

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by thebigRAGOO_14, Jun 3, 2015.

1. thebigRAGOO_14

thebigRAGOO_14 Team Driver

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    Hey all,

Since the arrival of project cars I feel the time is near to upgrade to a wheel. The problems I face is I have no prior use of wheels and I feel a little overwhelmed by all the jargon regarding wheels out there. I've narrowed it down to either a fanatec or Thrustmaster due to the being the only ones supporting ps4. Where is a good starting point for a wheel noob yet won't become garbage if I pick the skill up? And help would be much appreciated.

Ragoo
  2. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Thrustmaster FTW.

You can ask @Anon666 how the Fanatec gear goes? As he had some of their top gear of the time, and it spent more time getting repaired than used. He now runs a T500 Thrustmaster. I run a T300 and love it, I see you have expressed interest in the multi order, that would be my best bet for a starting point deal.
    Anon666 likes this.
  3. thebigRAGOO_14

thebigRAGOO_14 Team Driver

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    Roger thanks mate. I like the look of fanatec products it's just a lot of the forums have said Fanatec is quite tricky to get sorted for pcars on the Ps4. Pending the outcome of this multi buy for Thrustmaster I may lean that way. I just like the look of the sequential shifter by Fanatec o_O
    Clevohead likes this.
  4. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    I love the Fanatec stuff mate, got hooked on it after buying the Porsche Turbo variant years ago. The clubbie pedals are still the best pedals under $500. The shifter looks the part and goes well, but yeah... you need to have 2 wheels cause they do have some reliability issues?!?!? Go the thrustie for price and a more solid product.
    Clevohead likes this.
  5. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    PSN: Ryzza5 / Steam: Ryzza5
    I'm running a Fanatec CSR Elite (used in both PC sims and both of the old consoles) as a replacement for my first wheel (G25) and it was a nice big step up, especially with the ClubSport pedals (load cell brake).

But I don't think they sell that one anymore, I suspect the CS wheels are similar, but I've never tried a recent Thrustmaster wheel. So what you probably want to do is go looking for a YouTube channel that has reviewed all of the wheels you're interested in so that you've got something more useful to compare. InsideSimRacing comes to mind.