GT5 Mazda Roadster TC Championship

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by ENFORCER_98, Jun 4, 2012.

1. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    what date will the start with mazda tc
  2. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    @ Colin

I'm sure if i'm wrong ENFORCER will say something, but i think it starts on Monday the 23rd of July.
  3. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Forcer Im not in this series bud, just noticed im in the list on page 1. I havent got the car for a start, I only buy tracks....as theres already to many cars in this game that im yet to drive. :p
  4. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    everyone please add rumbleshorts as i am trying to determine who's room it will be held with for tonite i may just go ahead and attempt to host unless rumbles is on before me
  5. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

I'll log on around 7 and open the room through your lounge but then have to bug out again for 30-45 minutes.
  6. MrTopCat

MrTopCat New Recruit

My car is Super Black with Chaste White wheels, #74
  7. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Will try to be there E, 1st day back at work, getting smashed from everywhere........not good for my GT5 time :(

MIght even be a case of jumping in with no qual, prac or anything and starting rear of grid........will see what happens

Stu
  8. MrTopCat

MrTopCat New Recruit

Stu, every time Ive seen you jump straight into the race, you've finished up the front.....so get your butt to quali!!
  9. ENFORCER_98

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    well guys wat a fantastic race that was guys had a blast next week on to monaco for the second round of the PS3 MRTCC well done to aussie for his flawless performance in race 1
  10. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773

LOL, not tonight mate !!

Had 1 lap in the car before qual started and struggled, binned it in qual and started near last, then lost 1 second a sector in the race.........finished a distant 7th and was lapped which doesnt happen very often !!

Tried to keep up with Aza and flood, but they just drove away from me, so much more mid corner and straight line speed. They came together on about lap 10 and i got passed again, but there was no point fighting them so i got out of their way and let them go for it.

I threw on the RH when everyone else did, but then couldnt remember what lap that was, so pitted again for the SS a few laps later (shows how switched on i was !!) and pottered around for the last 12 laps, trying to chase down rumbles and lap him !! :p.

Well done Aussie and the other podium places.....
  11. ENFORCER_98

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    after first round new regulations are being written so please keep an eye on the first post.
  12. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Sounds like you had fun boys. It's a shame that I was the sucker who got the sloppy seconds in the bandwidth department tonight. I'm not accustomed to being disconnected multiple times like that, so it was a kick in the nuts. Hopefully this isn't going to become a recurring issue. Anyways, grats to Aussie.
  13. ENFORCER_98

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    new regulations and points table have been written and constructed ballast tellerererrr i slightly cluttered will fix later
  14. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Hey Enforcer,
    Answering your call for help I sent you a PM about how to setup the points table. Should be able to make it look like this..

Code:
    Name          Rd 1    Rd 2    Rd 3    Rd 4    Rd 5    Rd 6    Rd 7    Rd 8    Ballast    Champ
                                                                                             Pos.
    Aussie_man21    80                                                             +15kgs     1
    Mrtopcat74      75                                                             +12kgs     2
    Cyber_stig_77   70                                                             +9kgs      3
    Floodsim        65                                                             +6kg       4
    Enforcer_98     60                                                             +3kgs      5
    Aza2672         55                                                             +/-0kgs    6
    Stuart170773    50                                                             +/-0kgs    7
    Rumbleshorts    45                                                             +/-0kgs    8
    Clevohead       40                                                             +/-0kgs    9
    Colin-50        35                                                             +/-0kgs    10
    Chevwah         30                                                             +/-0kgs    11

15. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    yeah thanks fellas

believe it or not i am very surprised that i took 1ST place, as i had so much trouble setting the car up and haven't driven it in 3-4 weeks.
    but none the less i'm always happy to take a gold trophy home and BIIIIIIG bags of points.. :D

the racing last night was super intense between ENFORCER and ME, Top Driving E the best close battle i have had with you to date...
    bit of bad luck getting dirty tires and falling back through the pack you deserved 2nd mate...

but none the less congrats to Topcat and Stig getting on the podium ;)
  16. ENFORCER_98

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    have typed up the table will have to add a final tally column and regularly update the table but its all good i have the original doc on my pc which i will update in wordpad then copy/paste
  17. MrTopCat

MrTopCat New Recruit

its all lookin good E!

Congrats Aussie!! Butt-Kicking :p
  18. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    thanks TC it not everyday i run from the pack like that.. :p
    will say it stuffed me :lol: slippery little rig that MX5..
  19. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    A good open to the season the other night fellas.

I come into this series knowing i'm competing with the default tune which has to put me at a disadvantage, so I feel good to come away with a 4th place.

I was surprised to find myself at 3rd on the grid, got a good start and made up a position off the line. This didn't last long though as I got on the gas a fraction too early on cold tires coming out of the tight right hander to go up the hill. Got into the DEEP sand and was back to 10th by the time I dug myself out.

Got going again and made some passes on Stu and Rumbles to claw back a few places, then worked on closing the gap to Aza. Slowly but surely I was dragging him in. Had a good battle with him for a few laps.
    Until one lap when Aza was slow coming out of turn 2, I got a good run on him and went for the inside of the turn 3-4-5 complex. My run wasn't as good as I had hoped and would have only just had my nose in front. With only 1 line through there I didnt know where Aza was, and he probably didnt know where I was so I tried to stay tight but I must have forced him wide.
    I saw he was on the grass in my rearview so stopped to let him catch up and take the position back. By this time Stu caught up but Aza and I dispatched him pretty quickly.

Stopped for my stint on RH about lap 13-14 just ahead of Aza I think.
    I really liked this portion of the race. Once I found the RH would last the 6 laps quite easily I started to push as hard as I dared. It was good to have a portion of the race to just push with no concern for tires.
    Towards the end of my RH stint I found myself catching up to Aza again. I couldn't figure out how, that was until he went into the pits around lap 20; he was only just going to start his RH stint!

A few laps later and Aza was on my arse really putting the pressure on me for a good 2 or 3 laps with him on RH and me on SS. Managed to hold him back until he pitted.

From there I just drove to the line, hopeful that anyone ahead would make a mistake and I could pick up another position or two. Thankfully, Enforcer did!
    He must have had a spin which put me right behind him with a few laps to go. Into the last corner I went to the inside to make a pass on Enforcer. I wasn't sure if I had him, but could hear his car and sound like he completely backed off, so I went for it, made the pass, only to see E on the grass at the corner exit.
    I Know I cut across the front of you on corner exit E, but I didn't hear or feel any contact. Real sorry if I tapped you mate?

Good racing all. Looking forward to the next one.

Any fastest laps yet?
  20. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

My race started out with great intentions; qual in 8th or 9th (doing this from memory) but had a great take off from the grid with a couple guys bogging down on the line so moved up to 5 or 6. Going great guns first couple of laps. Then i decided to sand it and lost a place. Next lap same again but a couple of times instead of 1... Put me back about 1:30 in 4 laps :(

Funny thing happened: I found my groove in the last 1/3 of the race!! Now if i drove like i did for the full race rather than a third of it i may have been in the top 5.. There is always next race :)