GT5 Mazda RX7 Touring Car Championship

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JonoStan96, Jan 30, 2013.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Hey guys, although I'm only relatively new to the forums, I thought that now would be a good time to put forward a race series i've wanted to create ever since the DLC was released. However, due to my truly horrendous hosting abilities, I would need a volunteer host.
    Races would be of F1 style duration, lasting around 1hr+, with one compulsory pit, using one set of RS and RM compounds, with tyre/fuel wear set to normal. The Top Gear race will feature no tyre wear with boost on low. However the Deep Forest race the pit lane will be open between laps 5-10 with wear on fast, using whatever tyres you like. The car will need to be stock, bought from the dealership, similar to our season 10 races with no modifications apart from rims. Since the cars can be painted, it allows for a teams championship, obviously teammates sharing the same colour. I'm looking for a 12 person lobby, so 6 teams of 2, 3 teams of 3 or even a head to head 2 teams of 6! It's your choice! My car will be a bright pearl yellow with green rims, with the #96. #1 Is not allowed, that number will be given to the defending champion if we decide to run the series again.

Points System:
    1st 25
    2nd 18
    3rd 15
    4th 12
    5th 10
    6th 8
    7th 5
    8th 3
    9th 2
    10th 1
    Bonus Points:
    Pole Position: 2
    Fastest lap:1
    Most places made up: 2
    Hole Shot: 1
    Winning margin: 1 point for every 10 seconds.
    The Top Gear race will only feature Hole shot, Pole position and places made up points.

Tracks (Provisional)

Monaco 41 laps
    Rome 60 laps
    Sprint round: Top Gear, Deep Forest 25, 16 laps
    La Sarthe 09 Max time progression 16 laps
    Eiger Nordwand Short Track 53 laps
    Cape Ring Periphery 34 laps
    Nordschleife Max time progression 9 laps

Cheers, Jono

Possible entries

1. N64TheStig007 #96 Pearl Yellow
    2. Beannie ?
    3. colin_50 ?
    4. Clevohead ?
    5. Aza2672 ?
    6. Groover36 ?
    7. Mustafur
    8. X4
    seth123 likes this.
  2. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    could be interested - but to confirm, this is the RX7 TC model (i think it's part of the DLC pack?) and not the standard model we're using for Season10?
  3. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Yes, the touring car, the awesome sounding rotary with the carbon hood.
  4. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    There is no reason why you can't run during season 10, we have had several series' running during previous seasons.

Maybe run a poll of what nights of the week you had in mind to run it. This is a good way to get guys interested, and see what night would be best for it.

I would possibly be interested, depending on the night of the week.
  5. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Sounds interesting mate, unfortunately I probably wont be able to join though. The only potential problem I can see is the 25 laps at TGTT. You will need to make sure that the tyres will go that far in one stint. Oh, and crossover etiquette.
  6. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ill give a prize for the best crash lol

Um, would be interested BUT, dont forget cybers enduro night of WED once a month. I am racing that (when im bloody available !) so couldnt commit to another series at the moment

Any onther week night might get some solid support.

Stu
  7. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    i could be interested
  8. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Thanks for the support guys, during the top gear race there will be no tyre wear, a balls out dash. Boost may be turned on depending on entrant's opinions. My preferable night is Friday or Saturday, due to school commitments. Like I said, the series is still a working progress so improvements will be made soon.
  9. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    friday nights better
  10. Aza2672

Aza2672 Aron Baker Gold Member

PSN ID
    AB_Saints_25 (Formerly Aza2672)
    I'd be interested I love this car
  11. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Ok guys, poll is online on what night to race.
  12. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Hey fellas, still looking for more entrants for the series, though I do believe beannie's series should take higher priority due to the far greater support, I very much am looking forward learning and discovering the seasons that took place before my arrival to this awesome forum. Good luck to all for race 2.
    Cheers, Jono
  13. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    To help numbers mate open prac rooms with the car and test some tracks that you may be using, that way if someone is online they might jump in and have a go, have a chat with you and may even end up liking it and sign up.

Even run the rooms during the time and nights you mentioned, and see what numbers of racers are online from the league. This will help you gauge weather you need to look at another night of the week or not.

Mate the best thing for a series is preperation, and guys on here love helping out and testing, this will get you more interest, and get the word out.

Chances are the first time I get in that car is when you have a room open leading up to the series ;) cause I most likely won't give it another thought once I jump online (no offence, but I just jump into whoever's room is open and chat and race and not give anything else a thought)

Also when you are opening a room announce it in the shout box.

The most important thing is don't get stroppy if only a few show up, people have lives too [some of the most fun racing is with just a few in prac room] :) but once a room is open you may be surprised at who might just jump in.

Hope this helps mate.
  14. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Thanks for the help Clevo, appreciate it. :)
  15. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    Get a room up tonight, and ill have a run with ya
  16. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    you at St Clair N64 ??
  17. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Indeed enforcer, to be precise i live right on the border of St Clair and Erskine Park.
  18. zampli

zampli Team Driver

stalker enforcer.
    not sure if im for another series, especially with this anniversary thing going on as well, cant really commit to another side series.
  19. groover33

groover33 shanan Gold Member

PSN ID
    Groover33
    hey stig that sounds good depending on the night of the week but i will give it a go.
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Grooves, there's a vote somewhere in the forums, with friday and saturday being the options.