GT5 Mid week short race league interest?

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Rumbleshorts, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Hey guys, was just wondering if anyone had any interest in a mid-week league? Or is everyone time-poor and unable to participate in such a series?

I would be looking at 45m max, 5-10 minute qual with a 30 minute race. It's just something I have had on my mind a while now :)
  2. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    I would still like to race on a Monday night. Was thinking of just hosting some random races though, pick a PP/car and use random tracks. If you set something up, I'll jump in (depending on the night). But I will definitely not have time to practice for 2 series atm, so I'd be turning up cold each week.
  3. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Do a 550PP non race car series then! Saves me doing something. Or I can do one and takes the pressure off you :p

Brisbane unite!
  4. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Sounds like you got the backbone of a something already Rumbles. How about Monday nights, 550PP, track announced on the night (to ensure no-one practices), and each week a theme (exotics, euro, muscle, luxo barges, etc). A few races with reverse grid?? I'll leave the rest to you.
  5. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

I come up with some sort of plan this w/end and PM to see if it looks good enough to post up.
  6. Hosie09

Hosie09 Stevie

Let me know guys. I will jump on the band wagon. Monday nights work for me
  7. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I wouldn't mind coming for a cruise as well fellas.
  8. Aza2672

Aza2672 Aron Baker Gold Member

PSN ID
    AB_Saints_25 (Formerly Aza2672)
    I'll be in for this aswell sounds good
  9. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    i am in if the wife lets me !!!
  10. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
  11. Hosie09

Hosie09 Stevie

I'm same boat stu. Ha ha. But should be sweet. She won't mind
  12. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    gives her a good lub up, throw the credit card on bed and than when u leave the bedroom wipe IT on the curtain on ya way out... O'yeah and grow some giggle berries too!!!! :lol:

if its not to late i'm in..
  13. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Still deciding on a race format. I was watching GT3 ovber the past 2 weekends and started to consider a pit window option rather than a limitless pitting scenario. What do you guys think?
  14. Hosie09

Hosie09 Stevie

Interesting. Could work but I know a lot of us pit on different laps on same tyre compounds. So will have to be a big window
  15. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    yeah SqueakyJocks its always a good idea to mix up the tyres and pit widows, but it will take a lot more set up work, but depending laps on track/s and car choice, and if your going to use 2 tyre rule and what those tyres are going to be racing/sports/??? , soft/medium or hard..

and IMO if you get to much of the above details wrong or they don't work togehter it will make the series a bit of a flop or just to dam easy....
    but i sure you are brainy fella and can get it to a point it will make it fun and bring some of those faster boys to they knees and whinge and cry like little girls.... :p :lol:

me personally i'm not the best at matching all that stuff up and getting to work..
    i just jump in what ever car is needed to get the job done and hopefully win or at least get on the podium...
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773

:lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for the advice Aussie.......The Giggle berries dont work anymore unfortunately (or thankfully whichever way you want to look at it)....

You know what they say, im the boss.....................................................when she lets me !!
  17. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    :lol: well then, take that skirt off and tell ya handbrake to give you your pants back, but if she is bigger that i advise you to hit her on the head 1st with something REALLY REALLY big
    (2 by 4, fridge, whatever tingles ya fancy, Me i like the basebll bat!!!! :D ) and just take them back, than don't be there when she come back around. :p
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  19. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Good points Aussie. Being as I would be looking at 45m to 1hr maxwas the reason I contemplated it as the GT3 races are 1h but implementation would be difficult.
  20. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Gime feedback please!

Approx 1 hour in total. 10 minute qual followed by a 45-50 minute race.
    Track selected on the day. I need to come up with a selection of tracks, but some will be reverse. For those where it is possible, time/weather is to be included.
    Time progression 1, weather 50%.
    As suggested, car will be a PP setting for that weeks race with a theme. A couple of races could be for a specific car.
    No LSD.
    No high range turbo or supercharger.
    SS, SM, RS, RM tyre selection.
    Stage 2 engine max.
    Any other modifications are fine.

Handicaps are yet to be determined, but there will be a % system due to using PP to limit cars :) When I make a new thread seeking interest I will have handicaps in place :)

It sounds like a hybrid between Anon's series and Seido's track days :lol: