ACC Monday Pre Season rules and driver swap test races

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Sep 17, 2019.

1. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Yeah but you started off faster than me!!!
  2. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

Yeah!.....well I don't appreciate you getting faster:laugh:.....you'll have to change your name if you keep this up.;)
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  3. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

I’m not there yet - but I have hope the name will move from accurate description to tongue in cheek humour
    nanlatt likes this.
  4. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

It was an interesting race for me. I just snuck into pole by under a tenth and managed a decent first few laps. @andyo450 in P2 lost some time a few laps in giving me a buffer so I figured things were going my way... until I realised I under-fuelled by 10ish litres. Had to limp home riding the clutch for much of the 2nd half of the race, a character building experience :confused: but I managed to make it to the finish line, running out just a few metres from the line and coasting across like a boss :cool:. I usually do manual fuel burn calculations based on actual usage but for this run I went by what the setup menu told me, ironically refuelling was disallowed in race rules so there was no 'splash and dash'. -Lesson learnt on being lazy with my race prep ;). Congrats to @andyo450, @marty & @tezpez85 for the podiums and thanks all for a good race.
    SteveDrivingSlowly and marty like this.
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Wednesday will be another rules test with 2x 30 minute sprint races at spa with a pit window, was going to make it a 5 minute window but with the long laps at Spa maybe keeping 10 minutes is better there.

For Monday we will test the stint limit of 65 minutes in a 90 minute race at Spa.

My own race this week, I had no pace to match @andyo450 or @Captain Barracuda I didn't touch the setup beyond pressures and in car adjustments with just a few test runs in the server and I didn't think id be as far off as I was. At least going by the basic fuel estimate of 1L per minute meant I had enough fuel to keep going at my slow pace for the full distance.

The only way I was going to be better then 3rd is if the guys ahead took each other out but only 1 of them did trying to save those last couple of tenths which ended up costing a couple of laps. :oops::D