New AC Member

Discussion in 'New Members' started by David Brister, Oct 23, 2015.

1. David Brister

David Brister Team Driver

Hi Guys, David Brister here, from Heywood South West corner of Victoria.
    I last raced online back in 2008 with a group from the states called SROL using Rfactor, so its been a while, wasnt super duper fast then, so i dont expect to be too quick now, at the ripe old age of 41. Looking for some clean and fun racing. Only had AC for a week or so now, pretty good game.

I was told to get Helicorsa, i have it downloaded, but my pc dont recognize it as a zip file, what program should i now get to install it please?

Used to race Speedway at Daylsfords track an independent race track from all the others, raced in a TD Cortina 1st then an XF Falcon, took out the A Grade title back in about 05 or 06 i think it was. man i miss those days.

Look forward to meeting you guys on track,

Cheers

DJ
    Anon666 and Mael like this.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    7-zip or winrar are good
  3. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Welcome to ROOZ David.

We are relaxed bunch of guys here, that like to have a good bit of fun with some serious racing. As you know AC can be very unforgiving and slight touches cause massive accidents. However, that is just racing isn't it?

You will enjoy it here very much.

As for the modded tracks or cars, you will need to unzip the folder then place it in the root path of AC.
    If you need help, jump on our TeamSpeak Server, details here "http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/pc-rooz-teamspeak.173/" and we are happy to walk you through it to get you up and running.

Once Again, welcome aboard! :)
    David Brister likes this.
  4. David Brister

thanks guys will grab it when i get home from work tonight. the direction on the racedept site said to put into the steam directory, i managed to find that and theres an AC folder in it, is that where i unzip it too, at worst i will be home about 9:30pm so will jump on TS and sort it out
  5. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hi David welcome! Look forward to seeing you on track and glad you are enjoying AC.
    It lends itself nicely to league racing now I think so hopefully you should be pleasantly surprised after your hiatus!

Personally I don't use helicorsa and find the old look left and right buttons with the in-game proximity indicators give me plenty of info. I know others swear by it.
  6. David Brister

i got it working last night, and it was good to get on track and see that i can be lapped just liked i used too, lol.

had a good 1st night meeting the guys that were on, thanks for the welcome.
    S_CLOSE and Anon666 like this.
  7. David Brister

Can get some 1 to approve me joining the Facebook page please? it says pending still
  8. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    @Clevohead can you sort this one out? Cheers
    Clevohead likes this.
  9. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Done mate