New Gold Coast Member

Discussion in 'New Members' started by dperry586, Oct 11, 2013.

1. dperry586

dperry586 New Recruit

PSN ID
    perry586
    Hi guys,
    I was just got myself a G27 and NextLevel Racing Stand to take my racing to a new level. While researching these products I came across this group. Looking forward to taking part in some races and learning some tips while I get used to upgrading from a controller to a wheel.
  2. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Welcome Perry, get onto getting your qualifying time done and submitted so the mods can put you into the appropriate Division. Final GT5 season starts next sunday. Make sure you have a standard Citroen GT Race car. Have fun mate.
  3. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Everything you need to know is in the "Joining a League?" thread.
  4. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Don't forget to run it in!Grand Valley300 B-Spec race is perfect:):) I have just upgraded from DFGT to G27,& i highly recommend the GTEYE replacement brakespring. It's much stiffer & progressive,the more it get's pushed the harder it get's,making braking control much better. If you find that you hit the "floor"when you get a bit too excited and lock up and slide,it will help massively. It's Aussie designed,made & distributed too,got a 9/10 rating on InSimRacing,i'd give it 10/10 cause it's only $29.95 delivered to your door,with easy to follow install instructions sent via e-mail,& the InSimRacing review includes installation,all you need is a Phillips head & 3mm Allen Key! Welcome to the best club i've raced in!:D:D
  5. dperry586

dperry586 New Recruit

PSN ID
    perry586
    Awesome. Placing an order now. It's definitely taking some time to get used to the pedals and wheel. I'm not expecting too be much competition to start. Will just try to race sensibly.
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  6. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Once you do get used to it, it is amazing how much you can 'feel' what the car is doing 'underneath you'. For me the thing that took the longest to conquer, is catching a slide before it turns into a full spin. With a controller you have full op lock available instantly but with a good wheel you dont, so your reaction speed has to come up drastically. It comes with time but is still the trickiest part of racing with a wheel with realistic rotation. (i.e. a G27 or in my case a DFGT, looking to upgrade myself in the near future)
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  7. dperry586

dperry586 New Recruit

PSN ID
    perry586
    This is where I'll need plenty of practice. It was the first thing I noticed. Lots of fighting the wheel and having to really think about how I enter a corner.
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  8. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    2 things that will help is to go to a slow in,fast out technique,& to try not to have large throttle input's mid corner. Big punches on accelerator will lift the front causing "push" (understeer),and conversely complete lifts will cause "lift off Oversteer" also called "snap oversteer",which often with a wheel will result in you correcting,but the car either spinning cause you were too slow,or snapping back the other way & again spinning the opposite way,or spearing off track or into a wall,etc,EXTREMELY QUICKLY!! Also the main options adjustments can make a difference. As you go towards Simulation mode & up the feedback strength,you'll start to be able to let the wheel "slip" back through your hands,but you'll always need to use correct throttle input at same time,this will be the hardest to get right.Best advice i can give is this'

"You don't stomp on accelerator & brakes in a real car,so don't do it in a SIMULATOR!!!! Save those antics for NFS,GTA V,& other "arcade" titles"
    t_b_williams likes this.
  9. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hi Mate,
    Welcome aboard !

Not sure how keen you are to start, or how soon, but our season 13 series starts next Sunday night. All the info can be found here
    http://raceonoz.com/threads/season-13-entry-list.718/
    You will need to buy the Citroen race car from the dealer and run it in, we don't tune for our Sunday series, so just bolt on some race soft tires and hold on !

If you like clean, fair racing then you are more than welcome to join us. Just post up your PSN name and we will add you to our friend lists so you can join some of our prac session and you can see how we roll.There are a few of us that have resisted the GTA5 bug, so we get on most nights to turn some laps, generally from about 9:30 EDST. Again more than welcome to join us.

A great bunch of guys, and we would love to see you on track with us.

If there is anything you need, or unsure on, just ask and we will help you out getting started.
    Hope to hear from you soon mate
    Stu and ROOZ team
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  10. dperry586

dperry586 New Recruit

PSN ID
    perry586
    perry586

Thanks!
  11. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Have sent friend request mate. Let me know what time and night you are likely to be on and will turn some laps.
  12. SerenityInSpeed

SerenityInSpeed Rookie

PSN ID
    HazeOne68
    Heh, that was exactly my route to this group! Welcome dude!;)