Discussion in 'New Members' started by SPL Racing, Jul 26, 2014.

1. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Hi Everyone,
    I'm a new member from Hervey Bay in QLD and i'm keen for some good close racing. I have been playing GT since the first instalment but have only recently got into online racing. I run a Logitec G27 wheel on a home made rig with a SaaS racing seat.
  2. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Where abouts in the bay mate. I'm here also. Oh and yeah welcome. Great bunch of guys to race against here at all levels from the aliens in Div 1 to the cool kids hanging out in Div 6. One of the Mod team should be here soon to point you in all the relevent directions. Welcome aboard, and have fun.
    SPL Racing likes this.
  3. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Thanks Tim, I noticed that you are in Pialba when I was looking through the forums earlier. I'm out in River Heads and love a bit of sim racing. I have been through all the GT games and just finished GT6 which was pretty un-satisfying to say the least. I started playing online in the GT6 rooms late last year but most people take the term "clean racing" very loosely so mainly just mucked around in the Dirty Nascar or Bathurst rooms. I have been following ROOZ on Facebook for a few months and love the way you guys operate and have proper length races (not this 5 lap :):):):)) so I thought I might give it a crack.

Since finishing GT6 I have been playing F1 2013, Nascar 2011 and Grid Autoclub to try and find something a little more challenging but nothing quite compares to the feel of the cars in GT. I had a crack at the GT Academy this year but could only just scrape into the top 100 for our region. There seems to be some great drivers here with some pretty serious set ups so i'm looking forward to learning more as I go. I just logged a quali time on Apricot Hill so I will submit that so see what division I fall into. I see you have some pretty serious credentials from the past few seasons so it may be a while before i'm lining up against you on the grid in Div 2.

Cheers,
    Shane
  4. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    You'll be right mate, it doesn't matter how fast or slow you are, you will be matched with similarly skilled drivers so you can have some real close battles. We will be running the mx5 touring car this upcoming season, which even though it's not the most powerful car, is very stable in the turns and allows for some intense door to door racing. I was hoping for something with a bit more oomph to practice my sliding recovery but the more I drive it (amongst other cars, it don't make a lot of sense by itself lol) the more I'm enjoying it.

There will be plenty of practice rooms up and running before the season starts, so right now if I were you, I'd be adding stuart170773
    Anon666
    Clevohead
    DekGT5mad

...and some more I'm sure but for now they will get you into some 'Friends Only' rooms for some pre season practice.
    SPL Racing likes this.
  5. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Thanks Jamie, yeah I've done many laps around Tsukuba in the MX 5 and its a very nimble little car. Thanks for the heads up on the friend requests. Hope to see you on track soon.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  6. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    If you cracked the top 100 for our region you should be at the pointy end of the Divisions. I managed to sit it 91st at one stage but left it at that and saw myself fall back to around 120 the last time I checked it. I honestly havent even got near finishing the game itself. Probably only about one third of the way through it. Pretty much all my time on GT6 is spent trading paint with these guys.
    SPL Racing and Ad2mny like this.
  7. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    HI SLP,

Mate i will get you into a division asap so you know what is going on.

I have a few little adjustments to make in the divs , but should have it sorted today.
    Cheers
    stu
  8. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Have placed you in division 4 mate based on your qual time. Any probs please let me know. If you can add the drivers from your division ASAP that will stop any first night issues.

Cheers stu
  9. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Just to confirm, what is your psn id mate?
  10. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Hi Guys, wohoo Division 4! My PSN is SPL_Racing if you want to look me up. I will get on tonight and send out some friend requests.
    Thanks a lot, i'm really looking forward to doing some racing with you guys.
    stucar17 and Ad2mny like this.
  11. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    I posted some pics of the set up I use in the "show us your sim..." forum if you're interested in having a look.
    Cheers