Discussion in 'New Members' started by ItzRacing95, Jul 30, 2015.

1. ItzRacing95

ItzRacing95 Rookie

Hey everyone, I just joined up to ROOZ tonight. I first heard about this group when I was racing with GHH team in the CORE Nurburgring 24 Hours race this year from a Mint who is racing on here. A couple of other friends that I met online are also on here and suggested I joined Rooz so I could take part in races with them in the future.

Just to tell everyone a bit more about myself. I'm 21 years old from South Australia. Outside of the online world I have raced Go-Karts for 10 years since I was 7 years old and still occasionally race the one-off race. I started racing Speedway at 16 years in the Wingless Sprint class. I've finished 3rd in the Australian Title the last 2 years and won the SA Title this year in February.

I first started racing online at the start of 2012, on F1 2011 with a few mates just to have a good time. 6 months later I started racing online on GT5 joining public lobbies and ending up spending a lot of time in NASCAR races. In the middle of 2013 I lost interest in racing online a bit until GT6 was released, I then went looking for some proper organised races where you wouldnt get plowed into by 5 cars at turn 1 every race. I came across GTPlanet with a GT series on there. I joined up and after having some crashes while I found my feet I ended posting some respectable results by the end of the season and was invited to join GHH for a N24 race. Which brings me back around to meeting Mint and learning about ROOZ.

I will openly admit that I have an strong involvement with another organisation that promotes their series on another forum and I even run a couple of those series, But I'm not here to push those series onto everyone. I've just come here to join in and have a few races for the rest of the year and be a part of what appears to be a very strong community with heaps of like minded racing fans and see where things are before I decide what I want to do in 2015.

I look forward to seeing many of you on track and having some great races.
    stucar17, seth123, Peter Wise and 3 others like this.
  2. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Heeeeey!!!! Good to see you made it mate!!!! Plenty of community event's being run at the moment that you can just jump in and have a heap of fun. Still, best way to improve your pace is the main sunday league which you should consider joining. Cleanest racing in Aus ;)
    Some familiar faces that may be able to help you around the place include @N64TheStig007 @TDZdave and of course @MINT_GTR :p
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Hey good to see you made it here Itz!

Seeings that you're from South Australia, maybe you might be keen on my upcoming State of Origin series?
    Or perhaps our Sunday league?

Awesome to see you here.
  4. TDZdave

TDZdave Team Driver

PSN ID
    TDZ-4-12-14-88
    do not agree to this, unless all results are being captured by Pykee's camera :p
    Beau_Albert and JonoStan96 like this.
  5. ItzRacing95

ItzRacing95 Rookie

Unfortunately I have a series on Sunday nights that I'm commited to running every 2nd week. Otherwise I'd be signed up for the Sunday league already ;)

I'll definitely be keen on the State of Origin if it fits into the schedule and I know for sure that I can make a good contribution for SA :)
    JonoStan96 likes this.