New to Race On OZ

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Bruce Lewis, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Bruce Lewis

Bruce Lewis New Recruit

PSN ID
    Brucey1956
    Hi all
    I am a newbie. I built my simulator a while back after retiring from Superkarting. I bought bits and pieces from PAGNIAN Imports. They are just down the road at Burleigh. I live on the Gold Coast up on the mountain ridge behind Palm Beach / Currumbin. YES - it IS a very nice pert of the world to live! I started racing sprint karts back in 1985. I did this until 2002. Then I bought a Superkart and raced in QLD until 2011. I got too old and it is really difficult to keep your CAMS licence when you are my age. I also ride motorbikes. I owned a Honda VFR750R '93 for 10 years. My latest ride is a 2013 Husqvarna TR 650 Strada. My street rides have been Subaru WRX and STI for last 10 years. Recently upgraded to a diesel Merc - much slower but cheap to run. I have lots of pics if anyone is interested - I just can't work out how to post them here ???
    Cheers
    Brucey1956
    On the Gold Coast
    Clevohead and Peter Wise like this.
  2. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    Welcome to rooz mate. You will have fun racing with these lads.
  3. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Hi Bruce,

Welcome to the forum mate. I have seen some of your posts about, but here's some basic info for you:

"For mid-week community run racing you can probably get involved with straight away, see current events (sticky topics) here and post your interest. http://raceonoz.com/forums/gran-turismo-6-general-events-discussion.20/ and add some of the guys to your PSN friends list.

For Sunday league racing, Season 2 is run and won, so you will have to sit tight until Season 3.

Register your interest for S3 here - http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/season-3-entry-list.1088/

Until that kicks off (start time will be around 3 weeks, maybe 4), you can run the qualifier and submit your time so the mods can place you in a division for Season 3 best suited to your pace.
    http://raceonoz.com/threads/gt6-gtloz-how-to-qualify-for-sunday-league.830/

Everything else is generally covered by http://raceonoz.com/threads/welcome-guide-for-new-members.383/
    Please make sure you've read the racing rules and regs (links to in the welcome guide), and anything else just ask here"

Hope this helps.

Cheers
    Clevo
  4. Bruce Lewis

Bruce Lewis New Recruit

PSN ID
    Brucey1956
  5. Bruce Lewis

Bruce Lewis New Recruit

PSN ID
    Brucey1956
    Also I have already done the qualify and Stu has me entered into Division 6.
    I tried to find the room in the lobby list tonight with no luck - I must be doing something wrong :)

cheers
  6. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    I currently aren't online, I would reccomend you add Anon666 to your friends list on psn as he is on quite regularly, as well as ad2mny.

I will try to get on tonight I will shoot you a FR.
  7. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Welcome Bruce.
    If you manage to get into one or two of the practice rooms during the week you will be able to add a heap of us on your friends list, and from then on you'll be able to see who's online when you are and can look for a room they are currently in (or have created).

Most of us tend to run "friends only" rooms which keeps the riff raff out so we don't have to deal with idiots being idiots....but this means that if the host of that room is not on your friends list then the room won't appear for you.

Prior to Season 3 starting you will also want to make sure that you have EVERYONE from Div 6 on your friends list. This aids in compatibility for the league races on Sunday nights and we generally find it helps to make the room more stable and produces "less" issues (though the PSN servers always throw in a curve ball from time to time). :)
  8. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Clevohead likes this.
  9. kevkumkwot

kevkumkwot New Recruit

G'day Bruce;you can add me to your friends on psn if you like.I am also in div 6;psn id kevkumkwot