New to sim racing

Discussion in 'New Members' started by PaulCox, Oct 30, 2017.

1. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Hi all, first just a little introduction about me, 34 year old male who wasnt really into car racing much untill my wife Michelle found a love for formula 1. Which as you all know a happy wife means a happy life so the last 3 years i have taken Michelle down to Melbourne to watch the F1 GP live. Well since then we started playing it alot on Ps4 but after awhile on the controllers you loose interest pretty quick. Im not sure why it took so long to look into a wheel n cockpit but we got hooked straight away. 3 months ago we started with the F1GT ultimate with the Thrustmaster T300 With the T3PA pedals and the TH8A shifter which we really enjoy. Now i find my self watching alot more than playing because it seems my wife enjoys it i think even more than i do.....so now we have found our hobby...thing is we want to race against each other so on friday i get to order another setup :) ..ill be going the GT ultimate with the same wheel n pedals for the time being as i have to buy 2 of everything it gets bloody expensive....so while we wont be joining any championships yet because seems we r way off pace, we will be contributing n love getting stuck into the forums for advice.....So thanks N see ya on track soon
  2. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Hey @PaulCox, bit of in house rivalry going to be forming between you two soon :laugh: We do run an F1 league on Thursday nights which you’re more than welcome to join if you want, we’re all different pace so should be someone on the sameness pace as you.
    Here is the main F1 thread if you’re interested-http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.ph...onoz-formula-one-world-championship-ps4.2903/
    We also have pCARS 2 and GtSport leagues on Sunday nights, both seasons start on Sunday and have 4 divs so no problem fitting you in if you want,
    GtSport-http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/gt-sport-season-1-entry-thread.2926/
    pCARS 2-http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/pc2-season-1-entry-thread.2924/
    Check out the threads and see if any take your fancy, otherwise you’ll normally find a bunch of guys online throughout the week for some casual races :)
    @JonoStan96 is our F1 showrunner, @stucar17 is our fearless pCARS leader and @Hatfield scares me (he also runs GtSport)
    Hatfield, PaulCox and Anthonyb like this.
  3. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Well Thanks for the Welcome RHINO11 n all the info:thumbsup:.. The in house rivalry is certainly on with us spending hours running the same track just trying to beat each other by the 1000's of a second lol, recently picked up Project cars 2 n actually love it, GT3 seems to be my race at the moment but only because of the practice put in. Gota say tho AC on ps4 force feedback seems alot stronger n more fun especially with the formula 1 cars , but as im not a race car driver wouldnt know if it felt real or not. Now im on here searching forums wishing i was playing because i cant get on the damm thing.
    stucar17 likes this.
  4. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    pCARS2 Seasom 1 is in the Renault RS.01 GT3.....so definitely have a look into that once you’re all set up :thumbsup:
    PaulCox likes this.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    PaulCox likes this.
  6. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Hey mate, welcome to rooz, we have a Thursday night Formula One league currently running, with some spare seats available if you’re keen :)

Qualifying thread is here: http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.ph...for-formula-one-thursday-league-f1-2017.2898/p
  7. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    HI Paul, welcome to Raceonoz !

Is a wealth of sim racing knowledge on these forums so please feel free to ask any question you want answered.

We have PCARS rooms open every night from the guys who are running in the leagues and would be a good way to meet some of them and pick their brains. WHeel setup etc can be a bit of a pain in PCARS but once right it is really rewarding driving.

In the season about to start we have 4 divisions so a wide driver range is catered for. we get a mix of drivers for our prac night and everyone learns a bit from everyone, so its all good,......If you want a baseline to see how you might go we have a round at Nurburg GP, in the Renault RS01 GT3, and times range from 1:59s through to about 2:06s.....

Im not the fastest driver by any stretch of the imagination, but am more than willing to help you find some speed.

If you are keen to have a run with us one night in a prac room let us know you PSN, and what time suits (i try to get on from about 9pm Sydney time) and we go through till about 11, or later for a few of us...

HOpe to see you on track at some stage
    Cheers stu
  8. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
  9. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    That sounds fantastic mate thanks heeps, i live quiet abit away from decent shops so ill be going into town pick up a headset with a MIC...get back to ya ..cheers.IM a full time career for my wife so i got plenty of time to meet up when ever is convenient
    stucar17 likes this.
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Sounds good paul. Having a mic is so much easier. I run a PX24 which seems to be pretty good....but am sure all the guys would have different models that work.
    Dont be put off by thinking your not fast enough....am sure we can fit you in somewhere and you will gain a heap of pace as you go. Great bunch of guys to race with (sometimes things go pear shaped) and have a bit of a laugh while we race.

My psn is stuart170773 . hope to catch you soon
    Stu
  11. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Hitting 2.05.....not very consitant tho...back to practice
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  12. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Cheers Stu...my PSN is coxy383420
    stucar17 likes this.
  13. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Hi paul welcome to rooz great bunch of guys and girls here any questions just ask. At the pcars 2 div 3 meet and great on Sunday night our times around nurburg gp ranged from 2.00.8xx to 2.03.9xx if thats any help.
    PaulCox likes this.
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    hi mate, have sent a friend request on PSN....were you still keen to slot you in a div ???
  15. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Hell yes mate, but warning im still slow..ill look for your request cheer mate
    Anthonyb likes this.
  16. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    If the F1 guys are anything to go by, don’t be concerned about being slow. They’ve been nothing but patient with me. Just have to do your best to not trip up the leaders if they’re lapping you and you’ll be well accepted by the majority. Well, I feel that’s worked for me anyway...
    Anthonyb likes this.
  17. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Awsome, jumped on for an hour last night running the Renault gt3 which was great fun....i was slow but i stayed outa the way and didnt trip anyone up i think....cheers guys
    stucar17 likes this.
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    If you are keen to run the series I will slot you in div 4 with @Ad2mny

Did well last night mate. Hope you enjoyed it.
  19. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    yep ill jump in thanks again, what time on sundays...dont worry i used my eyes and found the thread
    stucar17 and Anthonyb like this.
  20. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Will send a friend request ASAP.
    PaulCox and stucar17 like this.