New to the forums

Discussion in 'New Members' started by KrasH, Dec 23, 2012.

1. KrasH

KrasH New Recruit

Hello there,

39 year old from Canberra.

I've joined the forums after seeing a review of the next level racing wheel stand on youtube. I've ordered the stand and decided to join this community, not even knowing about it before.

My first "sim" was playing Grand Prix, by Microprose on my Amiga 500 and at 8fps it was a great game. I've been a big Gran Turismo fan from the start and a fan of sim/arcade racing in general. I've had my fun with the Colin McRae and Dirt series and have also played some of the F1 games over the years. Didn't mind F1 2010, liked 2011 and am not really a fan of F1 2012 (the in-car camera moving to the apex crap is getting rather old and annoying and screws up reactions). Plus every Gran Turismo from since the start.

I recently got into rFactor 2 and lately, I've been playing Project Cars quite a lot. Seeing it evolve over the last few months has been a great experience. I also recently bought all the race 07 content off of steam and have a little itch to get into iRacing. When my wheel stand arrives, I'll be playing GT5 on a more regular basis and without a joypad for once.

Anyways, I have a youtube channel, youtube.com/krashxr6t, with some gameplay videos and most recently nvidia surround gameplay videos of some Project Cars stuff. I also have some gameplay videos of me playing on my previous PC gaming rig.

edit: almost forgot, I'm krashxr6t on PSN.
  2. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Welcome mate, hope to see you on the track sometime.

Good bunch of blokes here, any questions just ask away, most of the guys can either point you in the right direction of a thread already covering it or answer it straight up.

Cheers Clevo

PSN: Clevohead
  3. Aussie-Col

Aussie-Col New Recruit

Hey Krash

Haven't got the background you have but iracing is fun, check out my sig for a free deal

After you've joined Introduce yourself and add your name to the bottom of this thread and check out this one for Teamspeak details and help you get started etc

Whateva u end up doin enjoy & maybe see ya on the back stuff

Col
  4. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Hi KrasH. Welcome to the family!
  5. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Hey Krash, lots of good clean close racing here. Have a look around the site and do a qualifying time ready for GT5's next season, it puts you in a division that promises the closest race experience. I'm mainly on Iracing now so if you get into that too look at the Iracing thread.
    Welcome and sure you will enjoy.
  6. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hey crash, welcome aboard mate.

Is a great bunch of guys to race against here.

If you are interested in season 10 GT5 i will be finalising the car poll when i get back from holidays, and also the divisions. If interested get a qual time in using the lancer at Suzuka so we can get you in the correct slot...

Have a look around and let us know what you are keen to do so we can point you in the right direction.

Cheers
    Stu
  7. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773