Next Level Racing Team Discussions

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Benjamin J Smith, Jul 29, 2014.

?

Run set colours or own colours ( NLR only)

Poll closed Aug 8, 2014.
  1. Team livery

70.0%
  2. Own livery

30.0%
  1. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

If it happened i missed it but if everyone is on tonight we will
    @R0T0R-AU86 you going to paint your car and join in
  2. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    LOL i don't know if want to spend 4k on paint from my 8mill... lol trying to save monies you see ;)

haha

Well at least pick a awesome red... IF we are going to do it... I am going to be picking my own wheels :)

But if you are going red, i will join... :)
    I reckon black wheels... I have a good set now :)
  3. Benjamin J Smith

Well i was goin to say run wheel anything from white yellow or black as long as the car is red.
  4. Mister_Bond_747

Mister_Bond_747 Rookie

PSN ID
    TURN_LEFT_RACING Mister_Bond_747
    I can jump on briefly tonight.

At least your pit crew turned up last night, eating icecreams lol. Mine where a no show. Is that a normal thing while racing or just one off?
  5. Benjamin J Smith

Been the first for me i was sitting there for a good 5- 7 seconds before work started.
  6. Mister_Bond_747

Mister_Bond_747 Rookie

PSN ID
    Yellow wheels aint the worst. But white would look sick. Like one of those variable pearl whites
  7. Mister_Bond_747

Mister_Bond_747 Rookie

PSN ID
    Mine where changes in 2 secs by invisible men! Thats F1 fast.
  8. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    I bought the SRT viper in adrenaline red (with black strips, maybe my problem?), but the colour didn't show up when I went to paint..

So I picked a red thats close to the logo red. Running the wheels painted Ferrari yellow, but CE28N rims ;)

Still got my blue/orange car for practice. Gotta keep the engine fresh on the team car if Im going to achieve my goals this season ;)

Would really appreciate some pointers from the faster guys with regards to each track, any advise/tips I can get would be golden :D
  9. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Yeah if you get the invisible pit crew its a really fast pit change... its a bug. Did you take any fuel on? I wonder if that would mean it take the same amount of time if doing fuel..
  10. Mister_Bond_747

Mister_Bond_747 Rookie

PSN ID
    I didnt notice fuel. I was just enjoying my quick pit.:D Only way I could keep up with Mint and Warrior. hehe

@Fastboysmith , what happens in race situation if I get fast pit stop? Do I just take it as good luck, or have a slow outlap so hopefully no one notices?;)
  11. Benjamin J Smith

Yer i did the same picked the striped package.

Once i can figure out where I'm losing time i can help, i might try and post a fastest lap replay which you can download onto your ps3 and watch and study. Other then that go into single player time trial and just keep practising
  12. Benjamin J Smith

Don't tell anyone lol.
    Very rare that it happens and i dont think it happens unless we have fuel and tyre on
  13. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    @Fastboysmith alright i will paint it red just for you! ;)

I will play around with some paint tonight and see what i like best, maybe the Ferrari Red? hmmmm :)

@mister_bond_474 have you fixed your lag yet?? lol
  14. Benjamin J Smith

Haha i watched the lag take you out, then i was like a deer in the head lights slow mo style, Crashed into you
  15. Mister_Bond_747

Mister_Bond_747 Rookie

PSN ID
    I'll clear cache and turn all wifi off in the house ect. I've done speed test and ping tests came back with A grade connection so not sure what the deal is.

I haven't friended PSNs for all the guys in div 1 room yet. not sure if that helps.???

Really hope I can sort this out as hate seeing guys in rear view career up my butt and bounce off into the distance.
    Racing in these puppies is going to be epic. Don't want to miss out due to lag:(
  16. Benjamin J Smith

What ya get in the speed test?
  17. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    One query about your speed/ping tests, what server are you doing the test with?
    Are you just going to speedtest.net (or similar) and running the standard test?
    If so you are likely testing with a server local to you, which should show good speed and ping.

However, when connecting your PS3 to the PSN it is likely that you are connecting to a server in Europe (as far as I know there are no PSN servers here in Australia), so your ping and speed OS to Europe would be a more relevant test - especially if it is being routed through several servers along the way.

In the networking world there can be any number of issues stemming from many places that could be causing you problems. One could very well be your wireless and as a broad statement it is always better to run a cable than use wireless - but in saying that I have been connecting my PS3 to my router via wireless connection for some time now and rarely experience many/any problems. I am not saying that it is the "best" solution but it may not necessarily be the catalyst to your problems.
    It is however certainly worth trying to run via cable connection to see if this resolves the problem. if it doesn't and you have a good, strong wireless signal then it may not hurt to run wireless (if running a long cable is inconvenient/not an option). Ethernet Over Power (EOP) could also be worth considering if the long network cable running through the house gets a thumbs down from the "better half".

Hope you get it sorted....
    Mister_Bond_747 likes this.
  18. Mister_Bond_747

Mister_Bond_747 Rookie

PSN ID
    OK , yeah I was just doing a local test getting 14-15mbps down and .8 mbps up. ping 18-20ms

Always using ethernet.
    Mrs was on the phone at the same time. Would that be an issue? All wifi was off. Didnt clear the cache or reset the modem though.

Thanks for your help/advice
  19. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Hi guys, sorry for the late entrance, didn't realise I had been designated to a team.
    I think there should be a distinct colour scheme, instead of us all just painting our own shades of red and yellow?

EDIT: I think having matching race suits and individual helmets should be a consideration too, if we're going to do this lets do it with style :cool:

Cheers:)
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  20. Benjamin J Smith

Im open to suggestion for shades pf red, what im running at the moment is in the first post. And on the suits i run my suit similar to my car colour and my own helmet
    AJ.Scott likes this.