PC Sim league - any interest?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by TheStig13, Nov 7, 2012.

1. TheStig13

TheStig13 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    Over the past year or so I've been getting more and more into PC sims than GT5 - I only really play GT5 nowadays because of the league and a few other online races. Recently I've been wondering if there'd be any interest in a PC sim league here, as I've heard some discussion on PC sims in practice rooms. I know there was an attempt at getting an iRacing league up and running here, however I think that the cost of content may be too high for quite a few people - including myself.

If a PC league does end up being set up, what sim would be used? My personal choice would be Race 07 (on-disc expansion packs can be bought that include the base game as well, these are GTR Evolution, Race ON and Race Injection), as it comes with a fair bit of content to start off with, it can be bought for $3.99 on Steam (DLC packs for it are more expensive though) and there are many car and track mods available as well.

One of the problems with setting up a PC league would be setting up a server - as far as I know, it's much, much more difficult than setting up a GT5 room.
  2. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

You should try out the iracing $5 or $10 special it really is worth at least checking out. I have Race on and most of its expansions (picked it up cheap). Only played it once or twice, I didnt mind it but I couldnt get my wheel to feel right.
  3. TheStig13

PSN ID
    thestig-13
  4. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    A few of us have got rRactor2. It's still in beta stage but I think some people are running leagues with it already.
    Pretty sure there is alot of FREE community mods out for it already too.

Remember though that renting a dedicated server for your league will always cost money, up to a few hundred a year. For this reason, iRacing can be cheaper than it first appears as you don't need to run you're own servers at all if you don't want too.
  5. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Have a look at Game Stock Car 2012 Stig.

If a few of us got this it would be great for PC league racing. It's almost 'plug-n-play' (real feel FFB is integrated so great feel without much setup) One package so you don't have to search and D/L content, and it seems you can create multiplayer lobby's much like you can in GT5 (although I haven't tested this out yet). System requirements are relatively low.. plus it's cheap, USD$19.90... just a couple of bucks more than one track costs in iRacing.
  6. TheStig13

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    Tried the demo for GSC, and everything I've used feels great with just minor FFB adjustments (Stock Car, Mini, F3 - haven't tried the Camaro yet) - will have to buy the full game soon. Proof that good old gMotor2 can keep up with the latest and greatest in sim racing :D.