PC2 Season 1 entry thread

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Sep 16, 2017.

1. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Yeah, I agree. The change in physics will catch a few out I believe.
    A fair bit of work though..
  2. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    Well after thinking about it I think that everyone knows Bathurst so use Bathurst as the qualifying track then pick at least 2 or 3 cars very different from each other like maybe a road or group A car, a GT3 car and maybe a GT1 or LMP then compare the 3 time's this can be done easily on a google spreadsheet
    VARDZ likes this.
  3. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Bathurst probably isn't the right choice, probably need something a little on the easier side for this exercise. I have no issue with the circuit but I imagine it's a bit tricky for some.
  4. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Nothing wrong with Sonoma or the ginetta junior but would add a car something like a GT3 or an LMP2
  5. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    the Course should be tough. its alot easier to sort out whos got pace if its actually a challenge. put everyone on a simple course, and its easy to make a good time. Tough track and tough car. Theres no point having a "test" if its not a test
  6. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

1 lap pace isn't really the best metric, consistency is more of a factor when it comes to division suitability.
  7. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    yeah, but for this purpose 1 lap is all we can really do, unless its done like a 5 lap time trial or something like that, theres not really another option. Also, we can gauge consistency during practice nights, and possibly move people if need be.

I think that, being the first season on a new game, its gonna be really hard to nail the divisions this time around. but what we will definitely get out of seaosn 1, is a more accurate understanding of who belongs where. Nothing tests consistency better than real time pressure of an actual league race.
  8. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Hence why I need to move down a div in F1 :laugh:
  9. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

Ha I'll probably voluntarily put myself in the bottom division after year off racing all together I'm not confident and waaaay slower than what I'd like, I'd rather take a casual approach and gradually build up from there rather than pressuring myself too much to actually be competitive.
  10. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Haha unfortunately it doesn't quite work like that :roflmao:
  11. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    This. It's a whole different game, it's gonna be pretty tough and we'll have to wait a bit and see how things shake out.
    Zachery likes this.
  12. Toranafan-02

Toranafan-02 Team Driver

PSN ID
    SIR_Tyson_02 PS4. deadman024 PS3.
    Put me as a possible for pcars 2 if they actually fix the game
    stucar17 and JonoStan96 like this.
  13. maximuscatticus

maximuscatticus Team Driver

PSN ID
    maximuscatticus
    Judging by the number of votes for PC2 I may need to make an investment in that.........
    stucar17 likes this.
  14. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Do it Maxi well worth the investment
    Anthonyb and stucar17 like this.
  15. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    For those who are not going to watch the NRL GF, I was going to have a room open and run a couple of approx 30 min races. The idea of these are to check what the tyre wear is like, have a look at different intensity of the rain settings and what the fuel burn rates are like. Will use a couple of the new tracks, maybe Algarve, Fuji, CotA or Sportsland Sugo. Will have them as multi class races so that
    stucar17 likes this.
  16. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    cont. different cars from the class can be tried. If interested like the comment or throw forward so ideas of car track combos
  17. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    do it mate. I jumped on last night for the first time and was pleasantly surprised at how good it was....sure it has a couple of issues, but overall i can see it being a step up from the first....hopefully the first patch will hit soon and tidy it up a lot.
    I dont know of any game on any platform that has come along without any issues....I got mine for $78, money well spent IMO
    Your connection seemed pretty good last night .....
    Its always hard to nail the divs, but speaking from experience, there 'generally' isnt much of a change from game to game, the fast guys are still fast !....As always, doing a new qual lap can present its own challenges with guys sandbagging (and yes it has happened before). What we generally find is 3 things
    1. When the track and car combo is announced, the fast guys find their speed and float to the top
    2. With a 7 week season, its not long before we can make adjustments in the following season to divs
    3. If there is someone who is 'clearly' out of position after the first race, its not without precedent that we make an adjustment to the div placement after R1.

I know even from last night the order of drivers was pretty right in the results based on divs last season
  18. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    From the past weeks experience with the game and playing with mostly the same guys over that time, my thought is that it is taking some guys a little longer to come to grips with the overall feel of the game, and some are picking it up quicker (ok like me for instance). But now some hours have been whittled, those faster guys are slowly regaining their rightful position as they understand the game more.
    stucar17 likes this.
  19. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I initially thought I was doing pretty well but I seem to be pretty quick in some cars and then quite slow in others.
    stucar17 likes this.
  20. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Got your name in the list shane...what is your PSN mate ? Will add you and see if we can get you in a prac / testing room with a heap of the guys