GT5 Pedal settings

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by stucar17, Nov 9, 2011.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Question for you guys.....

I am sure i have seen somewhere in a settings menu where you can set a dead zone for the brake and accelerator for the GT wheel.

Am i imagining things????? any help appreciated

Cheers
    stu
  2. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

YOU Can't in GT5, a big problem for the G25 wheel and breaks sticking. I had to pull peddles apart and tape the sensor up to give me more dead zone, it worked for several months till recently when tape gave way and had to do it again all good again now. Also clean the contacts i use CD cleaner fluid and a fine paint brush, careful not to bend the contacts easy to do.
  3. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    thanks bonus, the pedals arent sticking or anything, i reckon though that i rest on the accel pedal during corner entry and mid corner which is hammering the fronts......think i will have to change my driving style a little rather than pull them apart, that could end in disaster....i dont use the g25, i have the DFGT, dont think it will change anything though.
  4. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Not really related to your OP Stu but just thought I would share this problem I have with my pedals.

I use a Driving Force Pro, it's from back in the PS2 days, I think it was the wheel to have for GT4.
    I find that when I join a lounge for the first time and go to the track, my brake and accel work digitally i.e. either OFF or ON, no in-between.

What I have to do once I get on track is press the brake fully in then release it, and press the accelerator fully in then release it. From then on everything works fine no matter how many times I go to track.

I'm not certain but I think if I don't push the pedals fully, they will operate based on the maximum amount I have pushed the pedal.
    e.g. If I have only pushed the pedal 50%, then in the game 50% pedal will equal 100% brake/accel

Anyone else experience this?
  5. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Flood I get the same thing on my G25 brake pedal in iRacing. I figure it's just re-calibrating and make sure I press the pedals to full extents before setting off.
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    interesting flood........the first time i leave the pits in any session the brake and accel dont work until the second time i push them down. They seem to work ok after that, but will make sure from now on that i push them both all the way to the floor and see if it makes any difference.

Dont think it will effect me riding the accel through the corners though, i really need to fix that !