Playing around with captured video from GT6

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DoogleDave, Feb 26, 2014.

1. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    I finally located my SCART to composite cable for the PS3 so this evening I pulled out the Kaiser Baas capture video device and thought I'd have a play at capturing some video from a GT6 replay and then do a quick edit job to see how it came out.

Whilst waiting for the video file to render after the capture I decided to create a little RaceOnOz intro (along with a short soundtrack which I threw together using GarageBand on the iPad). Possibly a little cheesy but was a bit of fun.

When capturing the video I had to keep selecting a target car so I kept getting different views of the field and only decided to capture the first lap of our Div 4 race at Spa. After putting the ROOZ intro together in Vegas Pro I then went about editing out the sections of video that showed me choosing a different target car and then put the video sections together. Thankfully I do this kind of thing at work so it wasn't foreign to me.

For my next test I want to try and do a highlights package of an entire race (which will take much longer to capture), but should be a bit of fun. If I get the chance I might even try doing some sort of commentary to the highlights video and see how much time it takes to do from start to finish.

Anyway, for anyone interested in seeing my first test video, here it is uploaded to Youtube. Don't forget to turn the sound up ;)
    And excuse the crap video quality, I didn't try to maximise quality and as I am capturing from a composite connection so it's never going to be HD quality....and I really just threw this together to see how it came out.

Looking forward to seeing what Leeboy comes up with after he gets a chance to play around with his new Roxio HD capture device.

Dave
  2. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Love the intro :)
  3. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    Nice one Dave!
  4. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Looking good. I gotta get me something like this, the news would be so much better in video form... More time consuming too I'll bet ;)
    JonoStan96 and Clevohead like this.
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    That cheesy intro reminds me of Cruisin' USA for the Nintendo 64, nice job!

My mate has a 1080p HD capture device, I'll have to get him to let me use it sometime!
  6. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    The PS3 doesn't allow HDMI outputs to be captured due to HDCP. Component is the best so 1080i is the highest res that the Roxio will do. 720p is considered HD.
    FloodSim likes this.
  7. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    That ain't cheesy, it was epic!
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  8. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I finally got my new component cables delivered, do you know how hard it is to find a half decent component cable for a PS3 these days?? Everything is HDMI!
    Anyway, I've got some music and some footage ready to go, should be able to get something online this weekend.
    DoogleDave, Ad2mny and Cyber_STIG_77 like this.
  9. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Just finished capturing about 30 mins worth of footage.
    If anyone has any good replays, post a link to the file here so I can download and capture. My first video will be mostly single car footage, just to get my eye in, then I'll get some decent racing battle footage together and make a good advertisement for ROOZ :)
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  10. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    First video is done!

Managed to get a bit of a battle between Cyber and TB in there :)
    It's a bit of a learning curve and a bit time consuming, but it will get better!
    Kart-No-1, JonoStan96 and Stumbles like this.
  11. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Nice Lee, pretty good for a first attempt.
  12. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    You saw it all boys. Video evidence of me holding out N64. LOL
    Clevohead likes this.