VR PlayStation VR Thread

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by Crunch, Oct 14, 2016.

1. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Hey everyone, just after some thoughts on PSVR. Thinking of shouting myself one for Christmas. Of course I know not as good as Vive or rift but as a pc is out of my reach the moment I thought this could be a cheep way of having a little fun until I do. Used one about 3 years ago and had a great time. YouTube has some pretty cool looking reviews for some games.
  2. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Beat saber!!
    Wipeout too
    incey and PaulCox like this.
  3. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Yer iv seen them , wipe out looks awsome.u tried resident evil and Skyrim? Number 1 game I’m pumped to try is dirtrally as I love that one.
  4. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    RE is good.
    Skyrim would be awesome except for my motion sickness. I can't play GT for anymore than 1 lap before I feel seedy. Skyrim I can only play in sneak mode the entire game. Takes flipping forever to get anywhere.
    PaulCox likes this.
  5. scottb721

scottb721 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sooby_scott
    OMG Just bought Beat Saber. Holy crap, how much fun is it!!!
    Matthyus likes this.
  6. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    @incey another convert
    incey likes this.
  7. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    its awesome eh, good workout too. the imagine dragons pack is def worth buying when you master the free ones
  8. scottb721

scottb721 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sooby_scott
    Roped my bestie and my son in tonight. I barely got a go. Greatest Show by Panic copped a flogging tonight.
    incey and Matthyus like this.
  9. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    That song played loud is the best.
    I have my system hooked up to my surround sound distemper. Crank it and that song pops.
  10. scottb721

scottb721 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sooby_scott
    Bahahahaha my mate wants to come over now for another go.
    And yes, I have it blasting through my home theatre :)
    Matthyus and incey like this.
  11. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    semi-old article, but it mentions Gran Turismo 7

https://www.techradar.com/au/news/playstation-vr-2-release-date-price-news-and-rumors

I do think that if you don't have a PSVR yet, you should get one if you're planning on getting GT7 because I can feel it in my bones that GT7 will have full 16 grid online multiplayer implementation. Whether you wait for PSVR2 or not, which seems to be coming out in 2021 perhaps, is food for thought.

VR is lifechanging in racing games with a wheel which most if not all users on this website should seriously look into immediately.
  12. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    If they can fix the motion sickness issue with increased framerates or provide Comfort settings for those that are prone to it, then yes.
    I have a VR and I can't play GT on it for a single lap before I begin to feel sick.
    I can however play Wipeout for days without a hitch (with Comfort settings on though)

Even slow paced games like Skyrim, I can't play with feeling sick.
    It then takes a full day to get over that feeling..
  13. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Wow, that's a shame.

It's funny how people react differently to VR. Normally, I recommend that people try and power through in order to increase their tolerance with VR, because I do believe that some people give up to easy, but when I read you can play Wipeout for days... then there's clearly something else going on instead of just your reaction to it.

My dad played GT Sport in VR for an hour yesterday, and his past experience with VR has only been smaller intervals.

I'm trying to get PSVR working with iRacing - playing around with graphics settings, etc. - and the two variables I'm trying to maximise is frame rate, and low latency. If the signal has a lot of latency courtesy of my setup, causing the video to lagg behind your head movements, that's super bad, and any latency at all will cause a lot of unease.

The thing about PSVR is that it has three render modes: 60Hz with motion smoothing (screen-door effect; post-processing added frames) causing a 120Hz effect, 90Hz, and 120Hz. The thing about GT Sport that quite possibly (this is a guess) is that GT Sport is running at 60Hz with motion smoothing instead of a native 90Hz, which is what most iRacing users recommend when using PSVR. I'm trying to run a native 120Hz in iRacing but it's difficult to achieve a stable framerate.
  14. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Pretty sure GT is 60Hz.
    90+ is recommended, the higher the better obv