GT6 Power Glitch - Easy Guideline

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by JonoStan96, Mar 10, 2016.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Hi all
    Just today I have discovered a crazy glitch which manipulates the total power of your car, harking back to the glory days of GT5 hybriding. I will show you an easy to follow guide on how to try it for yourself.

Step 1: Download the 60 m HomeStraight track from my community profile on GT6.
    Alternatively, download it here: https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/user/#!/friend/GTP_Razerman/course/1627204/

Step 2: Select the car you want to glitch. I recommend fully upgrading a brand new car with an oil change. Be careful, this change is PERMANENT and as of writing, it is irreversible.

Step 3: Go into your garage and select the track in Free Run. This glitch does not work if you do it in Arcade Single Race, Time Trial or online.

Step 4: Once you gain control of the car, enter the narrow pitlane from the reverse direction.You'll notice textures are appearing and disappearing. If done correctly, the screen will go black for a few seconds, and once you respawn, you will notice the oil light is on and the tyre indicator is gone. The glitch has still not activated yet, exiting the track cancels the glitch process I believe.

Step 5: Pause the game, and hit restart. If the engine is making a bizarre noise and the tyres are screeching once the game loads, the glitch has worked and your car now has thousands of horsepower. Be warned though, these cars are extremely difficult to control.

Important Notes:
    Most cars are impossible to move from a standstill, making them useless in an standing start race. As of writing, all R35 GT-R's (including the Touring Car and 2001 Concept) and the Tomahawk X can move from a standstill. Rally cars seem to work at random. To use the other cars, either select a session that spawns you moving, or let someone hit you in an online lobby.

The power and torque figures remain the same after performing the glitch.

I recommend using a controller to drive the glitched cars. Unlike in GT5 where no FFB would register past a certain speed, GT6 continues to register bumps at very high speeds.

This has no detriment to your game or console. Some glitch tracks that are of inconceivable distance have been reported to damage consoles, but this track does not. That being said, if you do perform this glitch and your console becomes damaged, it is not my responsibility. The choice is yours.

This glitch I believe is the result of negative mileage. The game does not display changes to the distance travelled on the hud, status screen or in the menu. However since the oil light comes on (usually after 5,000km) and we know oil condition has a direct influence on engine power output, my theory is that because the game has nowhere to place the car when entering the pitlane from the wrong way, the game can only drop the car on the start/finish line. While this is happening for a few seconds, the car is travelling backwards in mileage for several million (perhaps even more) kilometers.

Still not convinced?

Check out my highest speed, normally you can barely crack 700km/h. There is potential to go much, much faster.

[​IMG]

Happy glitching!
    Jono.
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  2. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Here's a video explaining it with a demo:
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  3. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Nissan favourite dealer eh? ;)
  4. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  5. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    I wonder if bens GT6 also shows his Nissan merchandise stats as favourite clothing range?
    JonoStan96 and Sam D Blacklock like this.
  6. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Hit a speed of 3600km/h on a modded track, but because the game crashes when I exit to the menu, it doesn't log the speed.