PCARS Project Cars PS4 FFB settings discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Noxrai, Sep 5, 2015.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    had read somewhere a few weeks ago that having some of the settings too high caused the motors to overheat and it loses FFB....not sure if i have adjusted any settings up that may be creating an issue......will see tonight
  2. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    From my research it's ok to leave FFB at 100, but Tire Force should be reduced to 65
    stucar17 likes this.
  3. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    I'd go the the other way, for the the t300 the default ffb is 75 and the default tyre force is 100 and for the t500 the default ffb is possibly lower again with the default tyre force still at 100 and it's probably this way for a reason, many have debated long and hard about which ffb setting is best with so many other variables in play, but after an immense amount of time stuffing about with this, the default ffb and tf settings are where I start, and never go above 1 with the steering gain, apart from that it's open slather on what works or not. Suffice to say I've never had a single issue and guage how hard my wheel is working by how long the fan stays on after I've stopped, the shorter the time the fan is on but still getting good ffb I know I might be on the right track. Believe it not I was still messing around with this last night and think I may (with some assistance from the pcars forums and few changes of my own) have finally cracked it and now I can finally stop changing stuff and just jump on and drive. ..... Maybe.
    Cheers
    sending a PM with settings for you to try
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
    garyw61 and stucar17 like this.
  4. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Cheers Cob
  5. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    As far as that is concerned it is a glitch, I've had it a few times if you leave and re-enter the track it usually fixes it, failing that leave the room and go back in should fix it, but don't quote me on that. There is a school of thought that it is caused by having too high ffb and too high steering gain but I'm not sure about that as I've had it happen regardless of what settings.
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  6. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    When ever my wheel has a tantrum , I just go back to the pits and unplug the wheel from the PS4 then plug it back in , then its fine .