PS4 PCARS Season 2 Expressions of interest

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Ad2mny, Oct 12, 2015.

1. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

It was never intended to be done in a stock setup. A setup was provided to be used. Adjustments to this tune were permitted but the mods made everyone aware that doing so would likely result in them being placed in the wrong div. The tune provided is obviously going to be better than stock so it's no suprise your slower.
  2. ItzRacing95

ItzRacing95 Rookie

Count me in for season 2, i'll do a qualifying time tonight :)
  3. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    That is correct. @VARDZ let me know how you go with the provided setup.
  4. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    So we are still going to have a tuned qually but a non tuning season... I thought you guys were trying to run PCars along the same lines as GT6 where there is no tuning other than BB
  5. autech91

autech91 Professional

Considering everyone does the quali on the same tune, it is in essence no tune one would think...

I may have asked before but cant remember the answer, do you guys want me to complete the quali?
  6. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Hey Vardz, I don't believe it's about tuning, or the game, or even the platform. It's about a level playing field for all drivers, regardless of whether they have 20 spare hours a week to practice, or no time at all. It just takes out all other parameters and comes down to driving skill. :)
  7. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    The point I was trying to make is all that has gone before in PCars now means nothing... People driving tuned cars vs non tuned cars can be at a completely different skill level.... Is Giant Slayer going to be as dominant??? who knows...prob not .... Will Sickskillz who went from a middle div driver on GT to a top flight driver on PCars be able to stay there with non tuning....Given a different platform.... Will we see a lower div driver become a dominant force within his div with tuning off... S1 and HTO series data can basically be thrown out and new level of each drivers ability needs to be ascertained ...
  8. COME_AND_GET_ME7

Its a fixed tune qually. The qualifying process still doesn't gauge ones tuning ability as its recommended not to change the tune provided.

The only thing that changes as a result of default setups is that the results in past seasons/series is no longer a true reflection of how they will go in this season.
  9. vh_mik

vh_mik Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    So I never realised when you did your quali times you could do a tune. My quali times were done with a stock standard untuned car. Explains why I was so far down the list
  10. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    You couldn't do 'a tune' you had to use the suggested tune. Tbf I think the quali process worked quite well overall. Emu never should have been D3 but everyone else was well suited down there. I've learned a lot from being in that division and think I'm a much better driver for the experience. You seem to finish a few more races than you used to as well lol.
  11. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    If we all did qualifing again with no tune we would get the same results just a bit slower and waste a fair bit of time doing it. The divs seem good only issue is not having 80 entries we loose those extra divs which made it more competitive.
  12. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    do we all have to qualify again ?
  13. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Probably should seeing how that was done with a tune on it
    VARDZ likes this.
  14. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    As long as everyone used the provided tune why would we have to do it again?

@autech91 yes I need a lap time from you please via pm.

@vh_mik if you'd like to resubmit a laptime using the tune that's fine.

The Divs will be sorted based on overall results now, so it should be a much better representation of drivers true pace, at least for those that competed in season 1. Those that didn't we will do our best to place you where you will be amongst your peers. While the HTO results/times will be taken into consideration, it is a poor representation as we weren't all in the same cars.
    TheJuzzy and Clevohead like this.
  15. Dev1lman_87

Dev1lman_87 Rookie

PSN ID
    Dev1lman_87 Swampy_Marsh
  16. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    Cool, you had me worried there .
    beakeroo likes this.
  17. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    What do you guys think about condensing the divs from 3 to 2 (with numbers permitting)? So instead of having 10-11 drivers in each div, have 16 in two divs, will make the racing closer and more exciting ;)
  18. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    There is 50 + entries so there will be at the very least 4 divs
  19. COME_AND_GET_ME7

Yeah as Vardz has already said there will be 4 divs with 13+ drivers in each
  20. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    dayum :eek: 50+ drivers is epic
    Ad2mny likes this.