Questions about Joining

Discussion in 'New Members' started by revhead_1000, Apr 26, 2014.

1. revhead_1000

revhead_1000 New Recruit

PSN ID
    revhead_1000 / Revhead2Undead
    Hey Im an Aussie and am interested in joining ROOZ for GT6. Though I just have a few questions and wasn't sure where else to ask them. I was looking at your race calander and noticed that all events seem to go fr approx 2 hours, do you have any shorter events? Also do the majority or your member use wheels or gamepads as I do not own a wheel and are thus wondering if I could be competitive with only a controller?

Thanks
  2. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    Regardless of what controller or wheel you run, you will be grouped with people about the same pace. So no matter your experience or handicap by using a controller, you'll always have someone to race.
    As for the length of events, I do enjoy shorter races as well, if there's enough interest amongst fellow members there's no reason why a sprint series wouldn't work. In my limited experience ( 1 proper series, and 3 or 4 side series) there is a lot of different events, some enduro some are just a bit of fun, but there is defiantly something for everyone.
    Stumbles likes this.
  3. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Hi mate,
    Great group of guys here fast and clean. Different divisions to match your pace where guys run with wheels and controllers, so you will be competitive wherever you may land.
    Have borrowed the below from one of the mods, it has all you need to know to get started. Welcome to ROOZ!:

For mid-week community run racing you can probably get involved with straight away, see current events (sticky topics) here and post your interest.http://raceonoz.com/forums/gran-turismo-6-general-events-discussion.20/and add some of the guys to your PSN friends list.

For Sunday league racing, Season 1 has just finished, so you can register your interest for S2 here -http://raceonoz.com/threads/season-2-entry-list.939/

Season 2 of GT6 starts on the 4th of May so make sure you submit your time so the mods can place you in a division best suited to your pace.
    http://raceonoz.com/threads/gt6-gtloz-how-to-qualify-for-sunday-league.830/

There's also some general discussion on Season 2 here -http://raceonoz.com/threads/season-2-general-discussion.940/

Everything else is generally covered byhttp://raceonoz.com/threads/welcome-guide-for-new-members.383/
    Please make sure you've read the racing rules and regs (links to in the welcome guide), and anything else just ask here ;)
    Stumbles likes this.
  4. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    The race calender is flawed at the moment I think. Not everything is on there. For the main Sunday league races, I'm pretty sure the Mods look to make the races about 40 min??? Could be wrong. As to other side events, they vary massively as to who organises them.

One of the Mod team should reply soon to sort out all you questions
    Stumbles likes this.
  5. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Hey Revhead, welcome to RaceonOz, thanks for joining.
    As TB just said, the Sunday league races are set to about 40-45 mins (apart from the enduro, that's normally about 90 mins).

As Scotty said, you will be placed in a division comparable to your pace when you submit a qualifying time.
    The guy that came runner-up in Division 3 in our first season on GT6 was using a controller, there are a few more guys using controller too, but most do use a wheel.

Hope this gets you interested, jump in and do the qualification time trial and we'll fit you in according to your pace.
  6. revhead_1000

revhead_1000 New Recruit

PSN ID
    revhead_1000 / Revhead2Undead
    Thanks for all the info. Though I am wondering how the divisions work, AKA how many are there and how are you put into that devision (I assume slowest 20 are bottom devision, next 20 are next devision and so on)? Also to get going In season 2 I have expressed my interest on the Season 2 thread, but how do I find out about races? I assume it is just through the general forum or Is it via invite once qualified?
  7. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Once mods get a hold of your quali, you'll be placed in a division with drivers of similar pace. From then on, your performance during the season (and more entries, dropouts, promoted and demote racers) will determine where you'll be the following season.
    The racing calendar is already set and first race is a week from today, feel free to read through the threads for each division to get an idea.
    As soon as you get your quali in, the sooner you'll find your division and can start rubbing doors with other drivers.
    carn_the_pies likes this.