RaceOnOz.com site login issues

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by UrsineSaturn9, Mar 2, 2019.

1. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Is it just me or does anyone else have issues with continually needing to login to the RaceOnOz.com website? I keep getting logged out and need to log back in, often several times a day. Never used to be an issue.
    Also keep getting warnings that connection to site is not secure (i.e. http rather than https). Using Chrome browser on Sony Xperia XZ2 compact.
    Noxrai likes this.
  2. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    It's not just me? I thought it was my stupid phone acting up.
    Everything you said is exactly what is happening with me.
  3. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I just can't log in at all on my android phone, it just goes back to the forum screen as if I had never attempted the login, no error. It happened once before but then it worked again after a while. It has been about 2 weeks now that it is failing on my phone. Windows devices have no problem.
  4. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    My phone is an android too
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I have no issue on computer. Unless I change from docked to wifi.
    Could it be that your phone is changing from wifi to data or something like that?
  6. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Just tried the phone on Wi Fi and then data and neither work. I usually only use the phone when I am away from home so always use data.
  7. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Odd. I'm using android on the Samsung S5. Never had a problem. What browser are you using? Have you uninstalled it or reset the browser?
    When was the last time you did a full power cycle on your phone? That's fully drain the battery and remove the it for at least a few minutes (5 to 10). Put it back in turn it back on without charging and kill it again. This resets lots of crap on the phone and makes your phone work so much better.
    Have you tried clearing cookies? Tried Firefox or other alternate browser? Also assuming you tick the keep me logged in button?
    KoAStR likes this.
  8. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Interesting, just powered the phone off and restarted and all is well now. Thanks for the suggestion Jonno.
    Matthyus likes this.
  9. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Ticking the keep me logged on button does nothing. It will automatically log me back out after 10-15 min of inactivity
  10. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Ok I've switched to samsung browser. I don't seem to be getting these issues anymire. Bye bye chrome.
  11. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Is your Chrome version up to date?
    The Samsung browser is kinda crap :)
    Try Firefox mate.
  12. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    @Matthyus hmmm lots to try there. I've just tried Firefox but now the "reply" button doesn't appear to work (hence no quotation) so not sure I'll persist with that. Also after I zoom in but then start typing, the screen then automatically zooms back out so hard to read what I'm writing. Might try some other browsers instead. The thing is Chrome used to be fine up until a few weeks back so suspect it's something to do with an update?

I usually run my phone battery between 50-80% so no, I have never done a full power cycle like you suggest. The battery is internal anyway afaik so not an option anyway.

@emmo @Noxrai glad to hear it isn't just me
  13. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    And back on Chrome and have tried clearing browsing history and cookies. I'll report back on how that goes (still getting the site not secure warning in Chrome though)
  14. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Okay, it seems that clearing the history and cookies in Chrome has fixed the problem. Thanks again @Matthyus
    Matthyus and KoAStR like this.
  15. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Glad to have helped you out.
    I do understand that most phones these days prevent the removal of their batteries to retain their IP rating for water ingress, hence why I still have an S5 as it is the last Samsung device to have a removable battery.
    For phone health, it is a good idea once a month or so to actually kill the battery like I described as it clears the memory of the phone allowing it to function so much better.
    If keen doing a full factory reset once a year is also a good thing, as it allows all the crap that would normally slow your phone down to be removed completely, you get to re-install your apps 'fresh' instead of 'updating' them. This is the biggest issue that faces almost all devices, not just phones. Updated apps kill your phone, best to remove and install fresh.
    Just be mindful to back up your datas.

Anyhow, happy to have helped.
    Noxrai likes this.
  16. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Legend. You da mvp.
    I also did a software update on my phone this morning which probably wasn't doing me any favours before
    Matthyus likes this.