IRACING RaceOnOz Members on Iracing, add your name to the list

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Bonus 888, Jan 19, 2012.

1. basilenco

basilenco Rookie

Hey thanks for the add. Can I still spectate if I don't have the license requirement? I thought promotion was yesterday but I was wrong, I have to wait till the end of the season or get up to 4.0 which I might try this week.

I will just keep running some test sessions with the v8 from time to time, hopefully I will be able to control it ok by the time I get the license.
  2. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

You don't need the license to spectate (ghost) or do practice sessions, just need the tracs they are running. This week is a new track for me (Mid Ohio) so will have to do a bit of practice and need a good base set to start working on for it (hint hint Mad!). I thought you had to get to 5 for the instant promotion so never bothered doing my B licence race/TT requirements. After having some good clean races this week my SR was up to 4.9 so decided to do the TT's in the Lotus last night and this morning. Was on 4.99 going into the last TT and had one 2x doing an extra lap at the end, thought i had blown my chances of getting the 5 and promoted (lotus rookie fool pushing it too hard, slap slap).

Happily surprised to see I got my A licence and was on 3.98 SR, thought it be a good idea to get those extra .2 points to get the .40 jump you get going into the 4's. I thought it might come in handy for all the off tracks I get racing for first time on a new track. I joined a V8 qualifier this morning before the weeks changes took effect; there were a few others in there doing the same thing for the same reason, SR for the following week. Got the points and now I'm an A grade (fast tracked) with SR of 4.44, if I get to 5 does that make me a fully fast tracked unqualified PRO? Not that I want to be a pro but how do you get that title, don't see too many around.
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Lol nah I think it caps out at SR 4.5 Bones. I think Pro license is by invitation only.

We are probably the opposite in experience with these two tracks... I saw you had a pretty good time there at Phil Island Bones.. low 34's, where I've never driven there before.
    I have done a few laps at Mid Ohio in other cars... good track, so I'll be keen to test out the V8SC there.

Did one prac session at Phil Island early last week and another last night...Fun track. I might have got a mid 1.33 last night except I kept having to get around slower drivers in Sector 2.. nearly a second better than my first practise session attempt (with a few setup changes). I didn't race there this week because of my lack of experience and didn't have the enthusiasm or stamina to put in a load of practise this week.

Hopefully catch you guys in TeamSpeak this week for a few laps of Mid Ohio. ;)

Oh I also saw the Spec Racer Ford now has a D Class series in addition to the inRacingNews (multi-class) Challenge for Rookie's... could be some good racing there too I have a soft spot for that car (and a pretty good tune)
  4. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Yer be good to get the lines for this track from ya and a bit of setup input. Never driven the spec will have to give it a go for some fun. See you in there, add Nathan if you haven't already.
    I had some good races at the Island this week, got a first on Saturday night and was in 4th in a high SOF (for me that is) race on Monday night and got speeding fine on pit entry, like the Vic police, only a few K's over but "no excuse driver, heres ya ticket, have a nice day" smirks and walk of with a big Fat grin, cost me 15 sec's and 3 places. In the later race on Sunday I got disconnected half way through first lap and my PC crashed, by the time I got back in I was 2 laps down, got back up to 12th I think, so no big IR loss, loved the track and did the 38 laps/hour + race comfortably (not too much sweat).
  5. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

iR name: Jonathan Petry (it is my real name btw :( )

May only be for a short period, will see how it goes :)
  6. Scotty-DPG

Scotty-DPG Scott

Scott Stephens
  7. Aussie-Col

Aussie-Col New Recruit

Hi All
    Been havn a go for a few days "Far Out" I'm sure it will get easier, not sure what I'm doin or how to get into a race yet but prob should learn how to stay on the black stuff 1st. Until I find out if I like it I'm using my old MS sidewinder couldn't get it workin prop on win7 so set up another partition and installed XP, seems ok but will def get a better setup if I enjoy it enough, taking the handicap into consideration

Anyway I'm on there as Colin Fahy, would have rather used my nic AussieCol but they don't seem to allow that, trust there wont be any concern of ID stealing/piracy etc

I'll read some more of the threads re chat etc but wondering if you have a club logo for the custom paint setup etc?

Cheers & cya on there somewhere/somehow I guess

P.S. Is there an easy way to add everyone's names to my iRace friend list or is it a one at a time type job?
  8. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    It's a one at a time job I think... yea everyone uses proper names on iRacing. You're pretty game giving it a go with a joystick! That will be tough! Honestly mate I'd go buy a wheel. Low end ones are cheap enough. edit aah it's a super old wheel.

Yea there's a RaceOnOz club logo graphic floating around on our v8SC skins, much like the one in the top left hand corner of the forum banner. You can copy it off this - http://www.raceonoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=18236#p18236 - save that image and ditch the blue background - or copy it off Bonus' signature banner with the 'team' above it too.
  9. sirdave

sirdave New Recruit

sirdave - David McCarthy
  10. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Hi dave you on Iracing now I'll add you.

I got a three month free subscription for a new member if anyone thinking of giving it a try. Its got to be used soon so Pm me and i'll give you the code.
  11. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Clevohead - Ben Deverall
  12. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    that's quite a list of names we're building up now. Perhaps should look at doing another ROOZ league hosted series and get all of us racing together in the new year. If anyone's keen chuck up some ideas here. Have a read through our previous ideas as well.
  13. basilenco

basilenco Rookie

I had my name altered to Nathan B Eremenco (was Nathan Eremenco2) a while ago, forgot to update it here for anyone that wants to add me. I will get more into the v8 and GT cars next year just wanted to try some of the open wheelers and radical this season
  14. Aussie-Col

Aussie-Col New Recruit

Yea but how many on the list are actually still iracing? I only know of 5 from that list and one of them I've only seen race in there once in the past 6weeks, something about being busy playing BF3 or some shiet :p
  15. JamieFookes88

JamieFookes88 Jamie Fookes

PSN ID
    JLF131188 J. Fookes (GT6)
    I'm not signed up yet, but when I do I will post here with my iRacing ID. (Just waiting on my rig and wheel to arrive)
  16. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    You keep talking of this rig mate, like you want someone to ask what your getting ;)

So I'll take the bait :p

What rig you getting mate?
  17. JamieFookes88

PSN ID
    i was just talking facts, lol :p
    just getting a cheapy, one of those Hyperdrive ones. Gonna do some mods to it, add some support and a diy three monitor stand thing. it's nothing special but will be good for a first.
  18. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    And wheel?
  19. JamieFookes88

PSN ID
    was going to put that in there, lol. The Logitech G27, will mod it with the GTEye brake spring

Edited for streamlining with my iRacing ID
    JamieFookes88 - Jamie Fookes
  20. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    colin-50_ colin stevens