Richard Burns Rally

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by hairybear, Aug 30, 2013.

1. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

yes, it's a really old game, but people still rave about it so thought i'd give it a spin.
    now I can see what the hype was about. best rally sim I've ever played!! not bad for a 2004 release. graphically it's old but still clean and i'm just getting lost in how engaging the handling is. more than worth the 8 pounds I paid. I can't wait to try the 2013 update for it.
    any one else here play it?
  2. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Have seen it about, but no haven't tried it. can you race online?
  3. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Did a few rally leagues with RBR back in 2011, funny thing was i couldn't complete a rally without crashing, it soo extremely difficult.

Highly realistic sim i would reccomend it to anyone.
  4. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    I've ordered it on PC and getting a PC built next month. I used to play it on Xbox when it first released. Really looking forward to getting all the updates, so many classic rally cars! And now I have a wheel. Can't wait for it!

*Found this forum. Very nice, welcoming members and passionate players of RBR!
    http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/forums/richard-burns-rally.137/
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  5. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Race department is the place that i used to race my PC sims, there not really friendly in my experience
  6. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Really? What happened?
  7. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Got banned for 6 months for.missing 2 races, to them missing races means your wasting everyones time and they don't care for the reason.

Too nazi for me, its a shame though because there is some extreme talent there.
  8. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    That's just silly. What's the point of that aye...
  9. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

yeah but it requires modding. as far as I can figure out it seems you download the mod but the mod differs from one website to another. I've found 2 sites so far, one is a Czech site and the other has a mod called RSRBR2013. you can only play with people who have the same mod. i'll post more when I figure out how it works.
    SEIDO463 likes this.
  10. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

took me half a dozen tries just to pass the rally school final test. it doesn't muck around...