PCARS ROAD AMERICA 1000 (30/07/16)

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by v8power383, Jul 4, 2016.

1. GlenAlz81

GlenAlz81 New Recruit

Kart no.1 emuegg no. 2 Glenalz no. 3 killercarlox no.4 atm
  2. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    emuegg lap 109
    kart-no-1 lap 108
    glen lap 107
    killer lap 106
    v8 lap 104
    heathen lap 98
  3. GlenAlz81

GlenAlz81 New Recruit

Thanks guys, that was awesome.
    Well done to the winners. :)
    Very enjoyable and a fantastic way to introduce Niftyshifty to the game so thanks again and well done all!
  4. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    A big thanks to all the guys, especially emu and juzzy in second and glen in third. Special mention to hethanpride for sticking it out. Hope you had a good time, we really appreciate you sticking round even though you weren't having the best of nights.
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  5. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    And a big thanks to @Seantatt for streaming the race and calling to lap lapped cars that some one was coming through. well done to all .
  6. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    Well done guys great racing by all and thanks to everyone how showed up and a big thank to @Seantatt for a top job of broadcasting the event live and helping out with letting lapped cars know that they were about to be past by faster traffic i only wish we had more cars in the event but all in all it was great fun
  7. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Well that's what I call a race!!
    We were down 1 man, a Blindman at that!;) But that didn't stop us from getting prepared for an epic battle.
    Kart was always going to qualify as he had done 1000 laps around here setting the car up, even tho he didn't want to qualify. He put down a decent time of 2.07.8 which put us 3rd on the grid behind Juzzy and Glen.
    Blindman was meant to start but he turned up 2 minutes before the race started so I got voted in. Not sure if the guys in front were waiting for 1 sec past the start time but I got a massive jump on them and got into second place behind Juzzy. I put massive pressure on him and finally got past after a few attempts. Kart jumped in for the second stint and drove flawlessly even tho Glen was putting massive pressure on us.
    I jumped in the next stint and worked out quickly that Glens partner was in, so I pulled away at a steady gap per lap. By this stage we worked out we could last a bit longer on the soft tyre than Emy/Juzzy but 1 lap less than Glen. At the end of that stint we had nearly a 1 minute gap.
    Kart jumped in for the the next stint but had a little off and pitted for a quick change, we then slightly changed our strategy as I hopped in 10 laps before it rained. I pitted probably a lap early but we still had a lead and I didn't want to jeopardise that. After about 10 laps we had a glitch with the wheel that put me into the barrier so I pitted straight away which then put us behind the top 2. Glen then pitted first which put us back into 2nd. We tried hard but team Emu were a little quicker than us in the wet. After 1 hour and a few beers I couldn't finish the stint and did a driver change on the straight so I could go use the amenities! Kart begrudgingly hopped in even tho he didn't want to do any rain laps at all, but remarkedly did 15 laps without a spin and kept good pace before I hoped in again.
    We knew the rain would last a little longer, so I stayed out 4 laps after Team Emu and we came out only 24 secs behind them. Kart then jumped back in and closed them into 2 seconds before I jumped back in for the last 14 laps. With great strategy we came out 5 secs ahead, and from there I just worked on not making mistakes and doing constant high 6s which gave us a 25 sec lead at the end!
    Big thanks to all the competitors, who were absolutely awesome at getting out of the way when we were coming thru to lap them, especially Heathenpride who actually was more than generous. ( next time you don't have to actually get off the track and hit a wall when we come through :D)
    Also big thanks to Seantatt for being such a cool dude for being there streaming the race and being race coordinator.
    Thanks for V8 for organising another great event. Stu might have his predidessor here with you!
    Last of all I would like to thank my partner Kart No1 for giving us another win and driving like he is even better than 2 div 1 drivers!!!

Regards
    AO.Cleaner
  8. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1 and AOCleaner to Div 1 lol
  9. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    What a night, firstly congrats to AO and kart, I know we talk some smack but you guys out did yourselves tonight and deserved the win. Great pace in the wet and dry and to beat emu and Juz is amazing. To Glen and nifty it was a pleasure racing you boys and congrats on the podium. Juz and Emu, congrats on second it looked like one hell of a battle up front.

Total respect to Heathen and V8 and their co drivers for sticking out the whole 6 hours when other drivers may have given up. And to Sean for running race control and live stream, what a champion!

I love these enduros and teamng up with TB and killer, I hope we can continue to build numbers in the future and make these long races a permanent feature at ROOZ cause it just adds a whole new dimension to the racing. Killer did a great job setting up the car for TB and I to run consistently with little practice and drove a double stint through the rain to make things easier on us.

Thanks for organizing everything V8, great job on your persistence and professionalism to make tonight happen. I can't wait for the next one, did someone say Nurburgring :D
  10. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Yes, ditto on every thing cleaner said. Thanks to all who turned up, was a great night. I think the driving standard was high all round. All the back markers were more than generous with giving plenty of room as we went by. Thanks guys.
    Congrats to juzzy and emu, can not believe that in 2 1000km races we can be separated by such a small margin. Congrats also to glen and your team mate, i dont know you well yet, but im sure i will. Hope you enjoyed the race and welcome to rooz. You picked an awesome event for your first race.
    I hope that this type of event grows in popularity as they are fantastic fun, and to have 14 odd cars on the grid would be fantastic.
    Thanks v8 for organising the event, it is appreciated by all. I hope there are many more to come.
    Big thanks to sean for being, race control, the stewards, the driving standards observer, pace car driver, lapped car alerter, video streamer, basically everything other than driver. It was a huge effort on your part and made the whole day go smoothly.
    Lastly, ao, mate what can i say, thanks does not go far enough. With our other team mates having other engagements last night, the pressure was on. But we knuckled down and got the job done. Great driving, especially in the wet. Juzz and emu were very fast in the wet but we maintained contact for our final assault, and you brought it home.
    Can't believe we are 2 from 2.
    Anyway thats enough from me, hope everyone had fun and bring on the next one. Not Nurburgring.
  11. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    Protest Pending !
    SPL Racing likes this.
  12. emuegg11

emuegg11 Team Driver

Where to start? V8 you are a champion with this race and some of the other stuff you organize i love your thinking on how to set up races. Full damage and respectful racing is how the game should be played sunday nights could learn alot. Big thanks to my close pommy m8 sean for getting up in the middle of the night to help us out with broadcast and race steward sounds like all really appreciated your efforts. And the biggest thx goes to legend that is the juzzy, what a guy to have next to you. Such a good move starting you in the race your one of the best in the game off the line and in close battle don't know how you kept it on track first few laps with a very pushy and dare i say it un endurance type moves on you, it nearly finished both our races. :):):):):) out of the way. Agreed with everyone's call on the great driving standards for the rest of the race, it was brilliant thanks to all thats what makes this endurance racing something more should get on to. Qually worked out well for us getting pole. We got out classed on set up with prostrate team getting much better life from softs, very impressive guys gotta say. You made us swap to hards for the rest of the race. Glens team was dam good for pase with killer and co setting into awsome rythem too. After juzzys double was my time for a run on hards which took a while to feel out and they where sketchy ut we got into the 8s and made some good ground on guys in front. Juzzy got in for another double before the rain which time wise has got us buggerd. We pitted and thought one more run of 15 should do us till rain but 3 laps after stop the skys started to open, waste of a stop. Back in for me for the wet stint which is my favorite stuff. The pressure in the rain made the bourbons start to evaporate and juzzy wore a path to the fridge for me and kept me hydrated very well (think i asked alot from him thx m8). As with bathurst dumb arse me made wrong call and stuck poor old juzzy out on hards with track still wet. I would suck as a team manager. All juzzy could do was keep it on the black stuff which he did so well but the 78 second lead we had was dropping faster than Kevin Rudds popularity, sorry juzzy totally my fault. Juzzy busted his nuts and drove a brilliant drive but the prostrate guys out classed us once again. Awsome stuff you 2 ya should be very proud of what you did and same to all who raced, some of the most exciting racing on rooz. I don't know about you guys but time just flys and its over but doesn't feel that long. As for next race, bring on the burg. Thx again v8 and sean you guys are stars. Cheers emu
    TheJuzzy and GlenAlz81 like this.
  13. Killercarlcox69

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    Still a bit seedy ATM , But a big thanks to V8 putting in the hard work to set this up :thumbsup: , I would like to take my hat of to Kart and AO , A great drive and very consistent . Thanks to Sean for hanging around for all that time . To juzz and Emu (you usless barstards ) giving that win to them now we wont hear the end of it ! LOL Thanks for the help :inlove: and a great job to the other drivers for sticking around and having fun .
    TheJuzzy, SPL Racing and emuegg11 like this.
  14. emuegg11

emuegg11 Team Driver

Let them have there time in the spotlight AGAIN lol. They deserve it. Nurburgring combined. Prostrate team might need to pull the finger out. Pardon the pun
  15. Killercarlcox69

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    Not in the Falcon!!!!
  16. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Not at the ring
  17. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Not at the Nordschlief we hear them sing.:p:p:p:laugh::laugh::laugh::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
    SPL Racing likes this.
  18. emuegg11

emuegg11 Team Driver

Thats the plan im pritty sure
  19. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Bunch of sooks. The green hell would be great. Bring it on I say.
  20. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

I wonder if you'll be saying that when killer puts it in the wall at turn 1 and you have to crawl around the track for 20 minutes.
    AOCleaner74 likes this.