GT5 ROOZ CELEBRATORY 2nd bday, 10th season Event

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by beannie84, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    QUALIFYING

10min qualy session 1st race:
    Grid positions for 2nd and 3rd races are based on finishing position in previous race.
  2. zampli

zampli Team Driver

oohh so its not reverse grid? interesting then, more incentive for the positions in race 1 and 2.

so the bit inbetween wont really be a qually session then, just a quick practice?
  3. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Div 2 room is open
  4. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Div 3 room open.
  5. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    Correct
  6. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    Div 2 guys join my room
  7. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    X4rotorsploxX S.Leonheart (GT6)
    Sorry Div 1 guys, after I messed up the 1st lap on GP/F, (which I was looking very forward to), I pretty much spat the dummy as it were.
  8. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Its only meant as a bit of fun mate, don't get too worked up the real season hasn't started yet lol.
  9. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Hey ZAMPS. I watched that replay of the first lap in race 3. It seems you spun yourself then hit another car and spun back the other way.
  10. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Yeah this is what i saw as well.
  11. zampli

zampli Team Driver

yeah chev, i checked it as well after and messaged cyber, was just surprised cos ive never spun there, nor seen anyone else spin there lol so just wasnt too sure.
  12. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    That's ok, I am sure no one else ran in race 3 with their power limiter on 55% :mad: :mad: :mad:

I was trying to work out all race how come I was 6-8 sec down on each lap :/

Checked power limiter after race set to 55% :rolleyes:
  13. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    Not good clevo lol
    So did everyone have fun??
  14. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Well I must say cheers to beannie and clevo on this amazing concept.

It would turn out to be a triumphant return to Trial Mountain Reverse, with a commanding pole and victory. I was worried about beannie undercutting, but I'm convinced he pitted too early and thus the final gap grew to over 10 seconds and the fastest lap by a full second (from memory). Not the epic fight like I hoped for like in season 10, but I was ecstatic.

I wasn't too comfortable heading into the next race, as I was 20 BHP down. Nevertheless, the GP circuit at the Nrburgring is one of my all time favourite circuits. Beannie had a go in turn 1 but I kept ahead. It took 2 laps to get a rhythm and open a gap. Beannie once again went for the undercut, and the rest of the field pitted a lap after on lap 5.
    Thankfully, I kept a 5 second buffer over the pack, which grew, and grew, and grew. All the way up to 11.5 seconds. A little bit of Seb Vettel douchery on the final straight cut the gap. Stumbles put in a great lap of 55.0 to take the fastest lap.

Riding on a wave of confidence, the 3rd race was a downer. I didn't like the car, it was not run in and I didn't like the track. Immediately at the start, it became clear that my lack of power will hurt. As it showed, barra and Flood had frequent runs at me, soon joined by gary. barra had undercut the pack, a decision which won him victory. My annihilation on the straights and 2 silly spins sent me from what should really have been a rostrum finish down to 7th. Not happy with that.

But this season looks to be amazing, these quick fire races providing fast and exciting racing.

Here's to more of it.

Cheers, Jono
  15. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Thanks to beannie for organizing this series. I had good fun tonight and went rather well considering I haven't raced since December. This was a nice way to get back into it!
  16. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Did anyone figure out why that dbn guy rage quit in the first race, I haven't got the replay but I didn't see anyone touch him in race, then I was about 5 car lengths behind him on the back straight and boom gone, then followed by a smart arse message in chat during the race, (we do have rules and regs on this)
    this is only a fun series, so not a good way to introduce yourself on track to the guys in the forums dude.

Anyway awesome battle with zamps in the last race, that's how it's done as close as you can get, side by side hardly any touches and if there were they were very minimal, lap after lap, excellent stuff mate, much appreciated.

Cheers
  17. zampli

zampli Team Driver

lol cob, i thought that 'smart-arse' message was just his leaving message?

thanks for that last race, was awesome to go 2 wide into those first couple of corners cob, sorry when we did bump but its very hard not to, especially when we havent gone in the toyota for so long, good to be reacquainted lol
  18. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    T'was something about our "CLEAN" racing, I don't know I didn't see anything
  19. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

That was his leaving room auto message.
  20. zampli

zampli Team Driver

yeah, it said something like "Thanks to all the CLEAN racers" i thought i was directed at us as well, but then he left and the text was a slightly different colour to a normal message as well