GT5 ROOZ CELEBRATORY 2nd bday, 10th season Event

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by beannie84, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Prob Koastr is talking about is the old high front-low tail being faster. That was fixed a few patches back.
  2. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Sorry mate - was trying to be funny - did not know you had been robbed(not by Aussie!)
    Your right thou...iracing just requires that much time to be competitive.
    I spent along time away from GT5 when i started IR...still miss it but not the penality system!
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Lol yea I knew where you were coming from Joe, all good :D.

Yea stinkin' Aussie, thieving bastard! We talked about your tuning in the v2.08 update thread. Info I found on GTP said high front low rear was still the same after that update and no-one else confirmed otherwise since so I didn't look into it anymore.

Be interested to see what you can come up with Stu.
  4. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    Ok so i've done a bit of digging and i've came up with the below - thoughts??

Season Car Tyres Track
    Season 1 HPA Audi Race Mediums High Speed Ring - ???
    Season 2 Toms Supra Race Mediums Nordschleife - ???
    Season 3 TVR Tamora Sports Hard Eiger Nordwand Short Track - ???
    Season 4 Maclaren MP4 Race Mediums Tokyo R246 / Reverse - 17 laps (10lap sprint)
    Season 5 G37 Sports Soft Suzuka Circuit - 19 laps (10lap sprint)
    Season 6 Chev Corvette ZR1 RM Race Hards Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - 27 laps (14lap sprint)
    Season 7 Chev Camaro RM Race Mediums Deep Forest Raceway - 38 laps (20lap sprint)
    Season 8 Toyota FT86 'G' Sport Sports Soft Circuito de Madrid - 30 laps (16lap sprint)
    Season 9 Nissan GTR 2008 Super GT Race Hards Nurburgring GP/F - 23 laps (12lap sprint)
    Season 10 Mazda RX7 Sports Mediums Trial mountain Reverse - 27 laps (13lap sprint)
  5. greendog

greendog Rookie

Yeah nice one beans I like it
  6. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I especially like the last one, up for a rematch beanns? That race still makes me smile...
  7. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Im keen on this.
  8. zampli

zampli Team Driver

the only in the track list that doesnt gel with me is probably madrid in the toyota. i was thinking something more like grand valley east reverse or something, i remember that was a really good race in the toyota.
    see what other people who participated in the season say as well, i just remember that as one of my favourite races of the season (and the season opener).
  9. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead

Yeah go grand valley, madrid was a nightmare for me.
  10. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    cheers for the input - i was trying to pick different tracks from the current season to try and put some variety in....

some other options for the toyota 86 would be Rome Reverse and Fuji Speedway F
    or
    with the toyota 86, have grand valley, with the GTR gt500 (season 9) have Suzuka?
  11. zampli

zampli Team Driver

oohhh, GTR's at suzuka sound good, but we're already using it for the G37. Or if you wanted, we could change the G37's to daytona road from memory, that was pretty good as well and still use suzuka for GTR's. and then fuji/grand valley for the toyota.
    i just wasnt too keen on the street circuits (apart from monaco) for the toyotas, i just didnt enjoy them the most, see what others think
  12. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    This looks good for season 11, count me in, GV would be my pick for the Toyota too.
  13. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn

Possibly my 2 biggest favourite races from ROOZ/Gt league oz

HSR was the kick off for ROOZ (back then it was only whirlpool members)

It was pretty cool putting in all the hard work to set this up, i.e creating divisions etc and then to see about 50+ people all logged in at the same time to kick off this comp was something that I actually value as a special achievement, the member who are still here from this race will see how much it has changed..

The nordscheife Enduro in season 2 was awesome, such a grear race and the change to night through the race was awesome.
    Personally I had a shocker but it is still one of my favourite races from my time racing.
  14. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    I remember that race at Nurg Carn - it was a beauty.
  15. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yep sure was memorable... went down to the final corners despite being an enduro with folks on different pit strats.
    Lots of action... was hard work for me as I was sick as a dog for that round.

Season 2 Enduro Highlights
  16. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    I remember watching it dave, classic race

Chris I remember you and seido having a thriller as well? less than 1 second in it from memory?
  17. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Are we running this as sprint rounds with 2-3 races a night over possibly 2-3 weeks?

It is a bit quiet mate, mate are you going to do a drivers list up, are we going to have multiple divs if we get the numbers?

Edit your first post with the driver lists and car/track info etc... (check out the kart thread) you will need to go through all the posts in thread and list everyone that has shown interest.

If multiple rooms are needed I can host one.

Sorry to be pushy but seeing heaps of races/series talked about and nothing happening :/ plus you only have two weeks left to get this ready to start after S10.

Let me know if you need a hand ;)
  18. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    Hey clevo, as I said, I've never done this, so I was hoping for someone to take my idea and help make it happen. I've only been around for less than 1 season, so I don't have the knowledge of what was good or not.....

Any help would be appreciated.....
  19. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    OK mate I will give you a hand, I will edit the first post and get this started and you can help ;)
  20. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Made a start, I have listed everyone I think is up for it, and laid out the cars and rounds.

I have gone for three sprint rounds (3 x 20 min), with a 4th and final round with an approx 1hr race in the beloved (snicker ]:D ) Audi HPA.

All this isn't set in stone, just getting the ball rolling, if any one has any comments make em heard, This is going to be epic!

If you are keen get your name down, I have several car gift tickets and thought we might have some prizes too :) (oh and if any one wants to donate some tickets for prizes please feel free) Will work out details as we go.