IRACING ROOZ victory in Tuesday Night Lights Season 9

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by OuttaAngst, Nov 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

This is a casual competition run by some guys in iracing.
    At the start of the season Beau mentioned to me that it was starting and that there was 15 mins of practice left (normal structure is 60 min prac, 15 min qual and 30 min race), so I jumped on. Managed to qualify 10th in the skip and fight my way through the field for the win (partially due to beau forgetting to refuel and having to do multiple pit stops).
    The following week i managed another win after qualifying about 5th. A lot of people were throwing it off the track.
    The car was switched up for a few races after that, we ran the mx5, then the late model SS and the radical sr8

For the final round we were back in the skip at Silverstone and I had a championship lead of 15 points (points structure is 45,42,39,36,33,31,29 etc..) so all I needed was to finish in the top 5 or so. I stuck it on pole with my pb, beating beau by 0.001 sec :p. The race started and beau and I were pulling away from the pack, then on about lap 5 I locked the brakes into turn 2 at Silverstone national and beau ran up the back of me bending my left rear suspension. I had to pit to repair the damage (in iRacing they have a fast repair option, so the pit stop was like a stop/go). I came out in 8th or so and worked my way back up to 5th, only a couple of seconds off 2nd. Beau managed to bring his car home with damaged front suspension (for 20+ laps) for the win. Luckily for me the guy who was challenging for the championship had an incident and ended up 30-40 seconds behind me.

So victory to me and ROOZ! I would say that I wasn't the fastest driver in the series, but everyone who was faster managed to consistently throw it away over the season. To finish first, first you must finish.

Results:
    http://www.mjmpc.com.au/ilites/

Thread (if you have an iRacing membership)
    http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/1815720.page
  2. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Go outta good job m8.
  3. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

+1 And always nice to beat Mr "Speedy-Pants-TTR-New-Blood" when you can, too ;)

[sub]Sry, Beau ... Mr Newman may eventually end up with the sweetest stats* (win/pole ratio, etc), but you're the current iRacing>ROOZ yardstick** ... hence the "GO Dustin!"
    NB: *I haven't checked anyone's stats for, oh, at least two weeks; **I don't count Mr Down ... that would be silly :D[/sub]
  4. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Congrats Dusty - Great news... look out iRacing world, here comes ROoZ! :p
  5. Mad94d

Mad94d Madison Down

PSN ID
    mad94d
    Congrats Dustin! Awesome stuff man!
  6. beau261

beau261 Beau