Season 10 Entry & Discussion thread

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by KoAStR, Dec 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Post your interest to race AC Season 10 and share ideas for the season format.
    [​IMG]

Looks like it will be a bit of a wait with xmas and NY if we stick to aligning with the GT6 and PCARS boys who are scheduled to kick off 13th Feb - unless enough guys are around over xmas NY to hold a mini series before then.

The idea this season is to aim for full servers, so 20 - 30 cars on track in the 'premier' room week to week. - This means no divisions and a single championship table based on last season's numbers (unless we go multi-class).

To mitigate a repeat of last season's "to all in one room, or not to all in one room" debate :rolleyes:, if numbers exceed one room we won't split the numbers, but keep the 'premier' grid stacked, with overflow on the reserves bench, or if there are enough reserves, overflow into a 'casual' room.

New guys or previous entrants with high DNS count that just take us over the threshold for one server will go on the reserves bench. Until there is enough to justify a second room, or if a handful of reserves consistently show up and there is no spot for them some weeks, maybe a second 'casual' room for the overflow only - conversely, if you are in the 'premier' room and consistently DNS, you may find your spot forfeit to a regularly attending reserve.

Of course if everyone who signs up has a solid attendance record and it's more than one servers worth then we will split into 2 divisions as with previous seasons.

So let us know what you reckon and beasts you're keen to thrash! :)

Sign-ups:
    1. @KoAStR
    2. @Anon666
    3. @Cyber_STIG_77
    4. @Peter Wise
    5. @tezpez85
    6. @ed40t
    7. @Rolz
    8. @skywalker
    9. @Driftoz
    10. @Cherno
    11. @The_Spectre
    12. @spita84
    13. @Pringles_947
    14. @Tovey_4saken
    15. @Mael
    16. @Spidey_11
    17. @c4rLo5
    18. @Pete
    19. @loris P.
    20. @David Brister
    21. @R0T0R-AU86
    22. @Doublevision
    23. @QC.
    24. @Shaun_A
    25. @krunch
    26. @TheStig13
    27. @Sam D Blacklock
    28. @bencrow-
    29. @chunk2620

Reserves:
    1. @captain_tiggles aka Samtastic
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2017
    Cyber_STIG_77 and Peter Wise like this.
  2. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    For car ideas I'd like to see one of the cat 4 and 5 options from last seasons selection process
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/season-9-poll-2-vehicle-category.2409/
    Particularly the C9, or something similar from the new Porsche DLC packs. :thumbsup:

On fixed vs open tuning. I think open tuning encourages more teamwork and gives more purpose to the teams. Plus fixed means more work for QC in loading setups into the server. ;)
    loris P. likes this.
  3. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    I'll go another season at the back of the pack
    Anon666 likes this.
  4. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Keen as a bean! Liked the MX5 - unique challenge, however I'd like something with a bit more guts. Perhaps not all the way to the other end of the scale. Perhaps a Boxter S or something along those lines. I also love the Lotus Exige S. That's my favourite car.
    Anon666 likes this.
  5. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

Keen too.
    Anon666 likes this.
  6. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Keen.

Maybe some fun runs before season starts?

Green Hell Enduro?
    KoAStR and Anon666 like this.
  7. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Definitely in :)

But still waving the stock/fixed tune flag. Pick a Porsche that's good to drive out of the box. It adds to the challenge of getting the most out of the car. Plus, no more worrying whether you've got the right tune :)

Although I'll still join in whether it's fixed or not.
  8. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

im in
    Anon666 likes this.
  9. Cherno

Cherno Team Driver Gold Member

I'm in as usual. As i said in the other thread id like the 911 GT1 98, the 962c Variants or the 911 GT3 coming in the next pack, proper race cars with some balls.

With regards to stock/set tunes I prefer the option to tune the setup, everyone has a different style of driving and what suits one person doesn't necessarily suit another. Setting up a car properly is an important skill that every driver should understand the basics of just like heel toeing or trail braking. Sure it takes time to learn and understand but so does driving fast, so I think considering were all going to be running the same car, taking away setups would be losing an important element to the racing. The teams are setup in a way that there should always be someone to help the less experienced guys.
  10. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Im coming over to AC from PCars for the new season. Looking forward to getting up to speed in the new game and racing with some new guys :)
  11. spita84

spita84 Rookie

PSN ID
    buggie_brain
    In two minds about the fixed setups, i have never raced in a season with a fixed setup so i'm willing to try it.
    I know driver ability outweighs a good setup by sometimes i find i just can't make my car do what some of the other guys can do and i think that does come down to setup. At least we are all in the same boat with a fixed setup and we can learn to drive what we have cause it wont change throughout the season.
  12. Pringles_947

Pringles_947 Team Driver Gold Member

I don't mind either way for fixed tune or open tune. I'm here to race either way =]
    skywalker likes this.
  13. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    I feel like having a season in an incredibly fast and difficult to drive car not a bucket of understeer like the c9 and slow in turns but a need of a different shoe size ....:sneaky:

Sometimes you just have to watch the world burn...:devilish:
    Pete and Cyber_STIG_77 like this.
  14. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

I agree 100% however it is a disadvantage to the guys who don't have the time to experiment with setups. It's nice to just jump in and go.

I am happy either way
    skywalker and Spidey_11 like this.
  15. Mael

Mael Professional

book me in as usual :)
  16. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Load him up with +45kg ballast from the get go :thumbsup:
    Glad to see you've come across
    The_Spectre likes this.
  17. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    1) I'm in for season 10.
    2) I'll be keen for a mini series till the official one kicks off in Feb 2017.
    3) I like the idea of full rooms. Will drivers be classed as discussed earlier with either PRO, PRO-AM, or such? Or do we all sit in the one big championship? Personally I'd like it to be split somehow to keep close battles through the season as I'm never going to be challenging for the very top 1-3 spots.
    4) what do you mean by reserves bench? I don't want to miss out of a Monday night race just cuz I'm number 31 out of 30 drivers and therefor don't get a grid spot. Is that what you meant or have i read it wrong? How is the assessment of the top 20-30 drivers done to place them in the premier room? Championship position, qualifying session, recorded lap times through the week?
    Also the "casual room" sounds pretty disappointing if you get put in that compared to the "premier room".

I'm not meaning for this post to be anything but information gathering on how the new season will work as I don't want to have just wasted money on my new PC and the game to be not having a spot on the grid for racing.

Cheers :)
    Anon666 likes this.
  18. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    One championship per server, unless we go multi-class i.e. 2 different cars.
    Mate you are secure. Selection is not a case of first in or performance based. It's reliability.

The whole reason we were pushed into a situation of 2 divisions in 1 room last season was the number of serial no shows. So this season, if the call is marginal, rather than restructuring to accommodate guys who are yet to show they are reliable, there will be reserves or a casual room. It's an incentive to actually show up if you make a commitment to do so to earn your spot.

If we get 31+ sign ups of guys we know are reliable and will turn up there will be two servers and two championships and we will have to split. But given numbers last two seasons that seems unlikely as regulars make about 26-28 drivers.

If we get 35 sign ups and 5 guys on the list are new to ROOZ or have been unreliable in the passed then they may form the 'casual' room. E.g. If you signed from the start then missed 4 races or more in the last couple of seasons..

It is just an idea at this stage and we'll see how it all stacks up as numbers develop.

@spita84, @Tovey_4saken you guys in or on the fence?
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
    loris P. and Spidey_11 like this.
  19. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    I'm in thought I signed a contract 3 seasons ago with anon that no matter what auto sign me up for the next 10 seasons :roflmao:
    skywalker, spita84 and Anon666 like this.
  20. c4rLo5

c4rLo5 Team Driver Gold Member

Sign me please.
    Have been waiting for the call from Toto but he mustn't have my new number, so at this stage I'm available.:p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.