Season 11 Car Poll 2

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Apr 6, 2017.

?

Which cars do you want?

Poll closed Apr 13, 2017.
  1. Porsche 962 C Shortail

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Mazda 787B

7 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Porsche 919 Hybrid

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  4. Alfa Romeo 155 TI V6

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  5. Mazda RX-7 Tuned

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
  6. Toyota AE86 Tuned

7 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Poll 2!!
  2. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

3. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    I've been driving the Alfa GTA, Lotus GTC (abs + TC), lotus GX (no abs or TC but same as GTC)
    Anyone else like those cars?
    Cherno and Rolz like this.
  4. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

yes, driven both Lotuses or is it Loti? :roflmao:
  5. Cherno

Cherno Team Driver Gold Member

Have the people that are voting for the 919 tried the car? There is a lot to manage with all the hybrid systems etc and the thing is an absolute animal as in, sub 5:30 around Nordschleife tourist fast. I'm just surprised so many want to do a whole season in it. I don't mind what we use, just more thinking about the complaints about the car that come up if its too difficult and the races aren't close. But like I said I'm happy to race anything so wont complain if we end up using it,will just need to map all the buttons for it :laugh::eek:
    Cyber_STIG_77, Mael and Spidey_11 like this.
  6. Mael

Mael Professional

Well I voted for the Porsche 919 as its my best chance of a good championship position since there would only be about 5 drivers left at season end :sneaky:
    Cherno likes this.
  7. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    UPDATE
    We are excited to announce that the upcoming PCARS, GT6, F1 and Assetto Corsa seasons will be supported by Selby Acoustics and ignitiON Controls. The CROSS PLATFORM prize pool will consist of an awesome Q Acoustics 2000i Series 5.1 Cinema Pack Bundle, a VR-1A IgnitiON Controls Button box and 2 gaming headsets.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Many thanks to @REM for his ignitiON Controls support, and to SELBY for helping make this awesome prize pack.

All rules and regs are getting closer to being finalised, hope to be clearer on these in the next week.

Cheers
    Mod team

@Anon666 @KoAStR can you guys add this to the entry thread when you get it up ? Cheers
  8. Cherno

Cherno Team Driver Gold Member

Wow, that's awesome! Big thanks to the sponsors and everyone involved in organizing. Might go see what other stuff they have.
    Spidey_11 and stucar17 like this.
  9. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Hey all,

I voted for these cars before driving them (probably like a lot of you). I had the time to take each out for a lap of the Nordschleife and boy do I wish I could go back and change my votes!

Here's my shorthand review of each car at stock tune, from best to worst:

1st (Best):
    Porsche 962 C Short Tail
    Wonderfully balanced, good view from cockpit and planted - you can give it a bit but still catch yourself if you're being a bit of a burk. Very fast, but manageable.

2nd:
    Toyota AE86 Tuned
    The least offensive engine sound of the "normal" cars, a bit under-powered but comes with good handling dynamics. Can see some tight group racing with this.

3rd:
    Mazda 787B
    An interesting car to drive, the feel of the power coming from the engine is unlike anything I've driven before. Has a worse view from cockpit than the Short Tail and whilst it has some fantastic mechanical grip, all of it suddenly disappears on slow corners going uphill, which makes things very tricky. The Porsche doesn't exhibit this.

4th:
    Porsche 919 Hybrid
    A pretty boring car to drive. It's a technical masterpiece - you can throw it at corners at full tilt and it'll grip, but it doesn't require any finesse to drive. And when you do find a way to give it too much, it's game over man. Game Over. Also, it has the worst visibility of the 6 by far.

5th:
    Alfa Romeo 155 TI V6
    The dumbest engine noise of any car I've taken for a spin in Assetto. Ask an Italian toddler how a race car sounds and this is the response you'd get. One race and I'd be trying to explain to paramedics why I shoved a screwdriver into the side of my head. Please, for everyone's sanity, don't pick this. Understeers like a pig too.

Dead last:
    Mazda RX-7 Tuned
    Undriveable - the clearest example of how most tuners are out of touch with what actually makes a car enjoyable and predictable to drive. Accelerate too much exiting a corner in this thing and it'll hit a certain rev range where the turbo kicks in and snap oversteers. Finding that point is not very predictable either. There'll certainly be a lot of crashes if the community goes with this.

Thanks for reading, hope it helps.
    Tez

Cherno and Spidey_11 like this.
  10. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Poll 3??? :whistling:
    Anon666 likes this.
  11. Mael

Mael Professional

Porsche is a masterpiece but there would be a massive lap-time disparity between the aliens and mortals. The Alfa's under-steer can be negated by a change in driving style, it is an older 4wd system and if you lean to much on those front tires they just give up the ghost.

Still the Porsche got my vote for some unknown reason :coffee:
    tezpez85 likes this.
  12. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Yeah Poll 3 will go up in a jiffy.
  13. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666