Season 11 - Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Anyone got the results?
  2. zampli

zampli Team Driver

1. Warrior 2. Zampli 3. stig13 4.cyberstig 5. chev 6. mus (DSC)
    Unlucky with the DSC mus, didnt expect too much tonight, lucky to get 2nd (wouldve been 3rd). 3rd lap was immediately half a second quicker than my qually time (no draft), which wasnt quick anyway, qualified last, don't know why it happens but just get in the groove better in the race
  3. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    The rooms were really small last night, 6 in div1, 5 in div4, 8 in div3, don't know how many in div2 but bet was just as low.
    Should we be considering running only 3 divisions this season? Or wait for next week's turnout?
  4. zampli

zampli Team Driver

The street circuit was fine, its relatively wide anyway. Car grew on me, some tracks seem to flatter it but was pretty fun last night at least.
  5. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    There was some good side by side racing here, had a few good battles with Cyber and Warrior, Im not to fussed about the disconnect as lucky i have got drop the worst round.

Very happy to Outqaulify Warrior for the first time and get my first Pole in the Sunday League, the lap kind of supriaed me as I really was lacking pace before that as i wasnt able to get any practise this week.

In the race I had way too much Tyre wear to stay with Warrior which i think was due to my strong rear brake bias which made my car quite oversteerry off the tight corners and burned my rears. I didn't have much hope for this race but lucky i got into the grove right in the last min.

Good win Warrior your race pace is absolutely nuts, you better win GT academy next time it comes up because not even Dan Holland has that kind of pace(I race him quite often).
  6. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Div 4 had a few guys who could not make last nights race, so maybe wait and see what happens next week.
  7. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Yeah there was some great racing with some with some heart in mouth stuff moments with cyber trying to pass into turn 3. I stuffed my final qualifying lap going into the wall in the right kink but still congrats on the pole position mustafur.

Winning GT Academy would be fantastic. I've race win Dan a lot also and he is faster than I am. He really understands the physics and how to get the most out of the car, but that's with tyre wear off which is the race settings for the academy. Tyre wear on over a decent race distance I think I have the slight advantage.

With only 6 Drivers turning up (7 if you count rotorsplox, who joined mid-race) the entry list for Div 1 should be changed to not only being the quickest but also being willing and able to make all the races, not liking the car or track is not a valid excuse.

I think Div 1 should be made up of the top 14 who can make every race and have the other Div entry list being 16 drivers as not all can turn up to every race, so you would get close to max of 14 in a race.
  8. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I agree, just limiting it to quickest means your getting loads of drop outs becuase there is soo many new guys that just come and go, 6 people in the race isn't good and i think there should be a change.

Increasing the server limit should be an option, as i have done many league races with close to 16 people with no problem and the risk of dropouts is worth the reward of a big grid.
  9. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I'm quite jealous Mus! It'd be cool to try and get him to join the site, though I doubt it would happen haha!
  10. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    @ warrior, i think thats a great point and i will definitely be talking to the other mods about this idea ! i think that div 1 should be the pinnacle of the league and 6 in a race doesn't give that image.
  11. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    div 1 results, S11, R1, Rome 39 laps.

1. Warrior 1:07.936 F/L
    2. Zampli 1:08.295
    3. thestig-13 1:08.329
    4. Cyber 1:08.048
    5. chevwah 1:08.397
    6. Mustafur 1:08.150 pole DSC
  12. zampli

zampli Team Driver

He did come here, start of Season9 in the GTRs but he got Dc'ed a bit and I think he said he had uni or something so wasn't here much else.
    Did warrior bring him over?

EDIT: See he's on the ladder for Div1 but only for two races
    http://raceonoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2100
  13. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    There is a System used by a Rfactor series I used to be in where they had about 3 Divisions, The first division would have the most points then the 2nd and 3rd and the top of the lower divisions points would equal midfield for the division above that way people can still progress. with the highest scoring drivers being in the top division and it would change on a race by race basis.

It basically means everyone is under the same division in the points standings even though they are in different races. But doing something like this would eliminate being champion of a lower division but it would ensure the fastest and most punctual drivers would be in the same race, and in turn give more prestige to the top division. Think of it as F1 compared to GP2 or GP3.
  14. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

15. cjmonkey610

cjmonkey610 Rookie

sorry all, missed last round, and I wont be able to make this week as my wife is o/s for work and im mr mom.. :|

i'll be back for round 3 :)
  16. zampli

zampli Team Driver

I'm fairly sure I'll miss the sprint round, disappointed to miss out on that but glad its not one of the Awesome3 lol (Le Mans, Nurburgring or Monza).

P.S. is it still on due to the long weekend?
  17. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Just caught up with JC on a whirlpool thread (he was season 1 div 1 champ) he asked me about this league and I told him he should check out the hall of fame section and see if he recognise any of the past Div 1 champs names. Be good if some how before GT5 dies there could be a champions of champions race. Where all the top 2 in div 1 from previous seasons match up in a epic SHOWDOWN :p (of course I would be not in it)

Theres been alot of the top Aussie GT5 drivers pass through over past seasons if ya check the names, biggest problem is getting them all together at once. If ya could it would give a serious challenge to Warrior and would be a high quality affair.

Maybe some prize money would encourage them to fire up GT5 for one race. I'd contribute.

?random ideas.
  18. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    OK, sorry, someone should have posted this across all divisions. For the race tomorrow night at Daytona Road, everyone across all divisions will use the pit exit road to the left. Once you have control of your car after refueling, you will need to turn left up the narrow pit exit road parallel to the main track. If you exit straight ahead there will be massive bingles and protests, so don't. Go Left!! Please have a practice before the race, it is a little tricky until you have done it a few times.
  19. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
  20. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Oh God my ears, make it stop!! There's a special place in hell reserved for people like you Mustafer. I can't unhear that!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.