Season 11 - Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    check bookface clevo
  2. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Still need pole and fastest lap
  3. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    1. Disturboed
    2. T_b_williams
    3. Emmo46
    4. Ad2mny
    5. Danininline6
    6. Stumbles01
    7. Bluemoon
    8. S_CLOSE
    9. Aza DSC
    10. VENDALISM (pole) DSC

Don't know who had fastest lap
  4. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    I need to keep it on the track :( too long to remember all the corners.

Code:
       Driver        Time       Best lap
    01 disturboed  1:38:16.884  8:38.822
    02 t_b_williams    +05.310  8:39.744
    03 emmo46          +18.441  8:36.754  
    04 Ad2mny          +57.556  8:41.168
    05 daninline6    +1:17.940  8:44.768
    06 Stumbles01    +1:42.493  8:43.224
    07 X-3vi1m00n    +2:54.785  8:50.095
    08 S_CLOSE       +3:20      8:40.913  (ran out of fuel)
    09 Aza2672          -4laps  9:00.408  (stopped)
    10 VENDALISM    D/C -6laps  8:35.393  (pole+fastest lap)

Code:
    Fastest lap
    01 8:35.393  VENDALISM   
    02 8:36.754  emmo46          
    03 8:38.822  disturboed
    04 8:39.744  t_b_williams    
    05 8:40.913  S_CLOSE       
    06 8:41.168  Ad2mny          
    07 8:43.224  Stumbles01      
    08 8:44.768  daninline6
    09 8:50.095  X-3vi1m00n      
    10 9:00.408  Aza2672

5. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Hope you didn't put too much money on me, cause I s-u-c-k'd tonight. I think I was overconfident and got absolutely nowhere near my practice times :( Bad luck VENDALISM on your d/c you were on fire tonight. Well done disturboed, t_b_williams and emmo46 for the podium. More to come...
  6. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    I actually was running in reserve at 80km/hour but didn't have enough time to cross the finish line :D
  7. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Aza dnf'd not DNS'd too Clevo.
  8. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Yay, I got a podium, f*%ck, I threw away a win, Yay, I got a podium, f*%k,f*%k. f*%k, I threw away a certain win. That's how my emotions are swinging at the moment. I led Disturbo by 12 seconds going into the 10th lap and just had to bring it home to win, Disturbo was in second and I had steadily pulled away from him after some close battles with him and Ven early in the race. I had the race pretty much in my grip from the second stop on lap 5 with only T_Bs different strategy to be concerned about and when I passed him before his last stop on lap nine I thought I had it made.
    I had started from third on the grid with a lap about 5 seconds slower than Ven's 8:31.xxx on pole with Stumbles in second. I got a good start and managed to get up to second at the first/second corner and then watched Ven disappearing into the distance. Stumbles was giving me close attention but then had a lose which dropped him back in the pack. Disturbo was determined and got ahead of me for a while and took the fight to Venda who seemed to have a few wobblies which brought him back to us. After some great battles with Ven and Disturbo I managed to get control of the race gradually increasing my lead on Disturbo from the 5th lap.
    Then on that fateful 10th lap I had a lose in the esses at the start of the old circuit which let Disturbo right back on my tail. I soon lost it again big time in the very fast left hander about a third of the way around the lap and that not only let Disto through it put T_B right on my tail and with his fresher tyres he quickly passed me and set off after Disturbo. I was left to drag my miserable self home in third 18 seconds behind what looked like a great battle for the lead between Disturbo and T_B right to the end.
    My heart goes out to Venda as he was the fastest guy and was right in the battle for the win until his disconnect, that sucks. Congratulations to Disturbo and T_B, well done guys, you both drove very well and deserved your results, you got it done where I couldn't deliver.
    Close seemed to have a miserable race but thanks to Vendas misfortunes was able to increase his points lead. He only has to finish in front of Venda once more to take the crown, Even if Venda takes maximum points over the last two races, a third and fourth for Close will seal the deal.
  9. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    It was great to see a good turnout of 10 starters in Div 3 this week. It must have been pretty hectic midpack for those first few laps!!. It looks like Div 2 and 4 had good numbers as well, very encouraging.
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Hey Clevo, Aza was in 9th when he left us last night and so should have 2 points. Venda is actually even with me on 67 points with 1 for 10th and the two bonus points for the round.
  11. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Updated inline with posted results, I initially had to take results from a blurry facebook picture, and there was no mention of Aza in the comments, this is why I ask for results to be posted here, from now on I will be waiting for Division captain posted results to prevent re-works wasting my time.
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanx again Clevo.
  13. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Just a general notice to all divisions, in order to prevent multiple reworks of the ladders wasting my time, I will now only post results taken from the division captain's results post, I am doing the ladders, I don't mind doing the ladders. But when I am getting directions to get results from Facebook pictures and no notice of DC's then I am reworking the ladders and getting annoyed.

So please just wait for your captain to post the results as it is their job, and they are responsible for the official results.

"Captains shall post finishing positions and fastest laps in their Division thread"

The above rule is taken from here and we should really keep to the rules set out for the past 11 seasons. We do appreciate everyone's enthusiasm on the results, but please leave it to your captain.

I would appreciate everyone's cooperation on this, thank you.
  14. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Hey all. I know I have been AWOL for a couple of weeks and would like to apologise. I was 'all in' for this series but had a family issue (that I would rather not talk about) popped up which meant I have been unable to make a presence, apart from my PS+ updating... I will back this week though so will see you all then :)

I was soooooo looking towards Monza in that configuration and am pissed I was not able to make it, but loving the lead=up to Nurb!
  15. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Sorry, but the tone of this post indicated an urgent need for them then and there, and that was the quickest way to get them to you. I'm guessing moon would have been sensible unlike myself and would have been long in bed when that was posted.
  16. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

In Soviet (add location here) things don't sound as they appear...

Or do they?!?!?
  17. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Wow. What a race. After a hectic first lap with everyone trying to find some clear air I was fourth with ad on my tail until he pushed too hard and spun leaving me to concentrate on my own race. I committed early to a 3,2,2,2,2 stop hoping the fresher tyres would help. I sacrificed a little lap speed to ensure as much as possilble I stayed on the black stuff and it actually worked with only a few minor offs that didn't cost too much time at all ( no spins yay). On lap 10 Emmo spun and I worked my way past with those fresher tyres and set of after turbo who I knew would be slower on older tyres. I passed the line only six sec behind and was sure if I kept it clean I could catch and pass turbo. Alas the lag that had plagued the room all night reared its ugly head and when I caught turbo, a clean pass was almost impossible to attempt. It settled down coming onto the big straight at the end of the lap and we were weaving the whole way down with turbo determined not to let me draft. At the kink we were side by side deciding who had the bigger balls heading for the next corner. I thought I had it done when a big lag spike had me hit turbo and fire off into the grass. Still immensely happy with a podium, but like I'm sure all of could say, "only if.........."
  18. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    I went into this race shooting for a top 5, and a podium as an outside chance. Especially after seeing some of the qualifying times (Ven with 8.31 WOW!). I ended up starting in 5th spot.

First lap on the ring was interesting, but everyone was well behaved and I managed to make up a spot before entering the Nordschliefe. Poor old Stumbles. Geez mate, you are seriously making a habit of lap 1 offs! Up into third spot and then a superb (if i do say so myself) pass on Emmo coming into that cresting left hander after the first "straight" bit. Managed to keep Ven in my sights and then it was emmo's turn getting past me the following lap. Was hanging on the top 2, but had a small spin at the end of the big straight, so dropped back a few seconds.

I seemed to be running on my own for quite a few laps, which was good for me as I turned out some good lap times, and not having any real dramas on track. The final few laps I was in 3rd spot behind emmo and tb and initially not making any real inroads on them, but I found I seemed to be a little quicker than emmo on the worn tyres and got quite close before another spin at the end of the lap set me back a few seconds again. 3 laps to go. I sort of resigned to maybe 3rd spot, but coming around to lap 10 i forgot Tb was pitting again and slotted into second. I knew if I pushed I could probably catch emmo, but it would be close.

Luckily (for me), emmo had his first moment early in the lap and I had closed up to his bumper by the first long bit. I didn't really intend to make any bonzai pass or anything, just sit behind him real close and hope the pressure got too much and forced a mistake which it did a lot earlier than i thought. I took the lead as he speared through the grass and across the track, and from there all I had to do was manage a 15+ second gap back to tb. Well, the pressure of that got to me in the end, about 2/3rds of the way around I caught some grass and whilst keeping it straight and not spinning, I had to slow RIGHT down to get back on track, and make sure my tyres were clean, all in all losing about 10 seconds of that gap. It probably would have been quicker just to lose it completely and spin!

I knew tb had the tyres, and I just had to make that TVR as wide as the track. A few funny lines and slides across the track as I was trying to make it difficult to line up a pass, especially on the middle flat out section. I didn't know how I was going to go on the final straight as I knew he was going to slot himself right up my backside and shoot straight past me. But alas, I somehow made those faltering tyres grip for a few more turns and I pulled a small gap before the straight and I had one eye out the front, one eye on the rear view and everytime I saw tb move across, I went the opposite direction, he was not catching that draft by hook or by crook, but he was getting little bits of it and drew level after the left kink. I had the proper line into the corner and committed to it fully, stretching out the grip of those tyres for only a few more corners. I kept it on the tarmac, wiggling a bit under brakes, I heard that little lag tyre squeal, and saw tb had dropped back and it was through to the finish from there.

Some great racing, good battles and well done to everyone for this round. It was tough.

Massive shame about Ven d/c'ing as he was bloody fast and would have royally spanked us all had he finished the whole race.

Had decided on the 2,3,3,3 strat and had my fuel worked out to the litre which worked out perfectly. Was never short or overfilled, every time i hit the pits the fuel was red.
  19. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Once again had a very poor performance in an enduro race, running out of fuel in the last lap has just become a tradition for me:

1. Last season's grand valley enduro race, ran out of petrol in the last lap.
    2. Susuka's enduro race, ran out of fuel in the last lap.
    3. Queens BDay enduro at deep forest, ran out of fuel
    And this one... well... You know lol

Was only able to find some pace mid race and got a flat 40, which was my personal best for the whole week. However, made so many mistakes that by time was probably a minute behind the leader.
    So.. Decided to run my own race and by the final part of the race found myself way ahead of Stumbles an 3v1l, until I realized my fuel consumption from trying to catch dani got me in serious trouble with my remaing fuel. Short shifting and driving in high gears did not make a difference, damage was done and if anything, lost the car in the last lap as I watched stumbles getting closer in the map (sorry about that mate, made you go to the grass).
    Just as I got to the back straight... Boom... 80km/h automatic consumption mode. I was hoping my gap with 3v1l would be enough but running at 80 against 280 was just wishful thinking.
    Anyways, race finished as all my other enduro adventures, last and out of fuel lol.
    Congrats to disturboed, T_B_W and emmo, so jealous not having the pace to fight it off in the front.

Will see you all next Sunday at Trial Mountain, one of my favourites tracks if not my favourite. :)
  20. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I have been thinking about this all day and I think I have the answer, I think maybe you are not putting in enough fuel, next enduro try putting an extra 5 or 10 litres of fuel in. I know this may seem extreme but trust me, I think it will work. Try it and let me know how it goes. ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.