Season 12: Division 3 (Drift Dawg's)

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Aug 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Well done TB on the championship!
  2. bjh1012

bjh1012 Bruce Hale Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    bjh1012
    I had a great race seemed to be able to keep up with sparkle & Darko until i started to make a lot mistakes got into the side of
    sparkle i think it was turn one slowed down to let him back passed sorry mate . & then watched him slide of the asphalt with a bit of a smile
    on my face followed him off the track bugger tried to catch him but got to many corner cutting penalties 2 on lap 22:oops: & on lap 28
    i thought the race had finished let go of wheel and went in to pit wall :confused: thats right have to finish 28 laps lol:)
    all&all it was a great race . Congrats to T-B & sparkle thanks guys. BJH
    stucar17 likes this.
  3. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Thanks guys. I'm stoked to have wrapped it up with a race in hand.
    Lucky I had the pace over the other guys that I did cause out front all by myself I had two massive spins:eek: that would have cost me buckets of time. Had Darko stayed and he and sparkle were within range it would not have happened.
    Couldn't get near my best times though. Did a 1:37.3xx the night before. Only managed a 1:.37.8xx in the race.
    Congrats to Sparkle and especially Bruce. You deserved a podium before this mate. And if you hadnt had the penalties I think you could have put pressure on Sparkle for 2nd. ;)
    JonoStan96, stucar17, bjh1012 and 2 others like this.
  4. sparklehead83

sparklehead83 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    you were too quick mate, all season long. real good driving with overall times that would have been competitive in div 2 and sometimes div 1.
    bjh1012 likes this.
  5. sparklehead83

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    just gotta say I won't be involved in season 13, me and the missus are quiting our jobs and going on tour of australia in a camper van for a couple of months at the begaining of october. i'll be back for season 14 on GT6 probably..
    Clevohead, JonoStan96 and S_CLOSE like this.
  6. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    That sounds like a great time away sparkles. I think you should pack the PS3 and a dongle so you can keep up appearances !!!
    Have a safe trip mate and hopefully we see you back for a season of GT6 ....
    Stu
    JonoStan96 and sparklehead83 like this.
  7. bjh1012

PSN ID
    bjh1012
    Give me some practice time sparkle:) its been good to race with you mate
    have a good tour & remember to drive safely:) hi center of gravity `may need to be lowered
    have fun see you S/14
    BJ
  8. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Congratulations T_B, after racing against you last season I knew you would have the pace and consistency to take this championship, I didn't expect the total domination though, well done.
    t_b_williams likes this.
  9. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Huh, you'll be in Div 1 buddy:)
    t_b_williams likes this.
  10. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Noooooooooooooooo!
  11. sparklehead83

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    just had a practice blast around spa in the wet with BJH1012 and it reminds me of driving on ice back in the motherland (u.k). the race is gonna be nearly enduro length yeah? about 28 laps of 2:30 to 3 minute laps, with pit stops is gonna be nearly an hour and a half? unless i'm missing something??
  12. bjh1012

PSN ID
    bjh1012
    I think 15 laps sparkle about 45mim
  13. sparklehead83

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    yeah. My mistake. had a long week.
  14. sparklehead83

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    it's gonna be a good test, tonight was the first time i've drove on a wet track on GT5 (apart from those special events at nurburg) and the nsx needs a gentle touch to stay on the track to say the least... I'm just aiming for 15 laps without a crash/spin to be honest
  15. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    This race will be the biggest test of driver skill of the season.
  16. sparklehead83

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    not wrong. I need plenty of practice in the rain methinks
  17. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    To clarify, the rules for Spa are:

Wet race settings: Room set to 0% weather and changeability, but 100% track coverage.

Initially it was my intention to only allow a 1 lap qual (outlap and hotlap). The aim is to start before track coverage drops below 90%, so if everyone in the room can get out on track as soon as it is reset you can do as many laps as is possible until the track coverage reaches 92%. So you should get a second hotlap in. Captain's please keep an eye on the counter, so the start happens at the right time.

Racing rain and intermediate tyres are allowed as well as sports soft in Division 2 and 3, only racing rain and sports soft tyres are allowed in Division 1. So Div 1 can use racing rain tyres for the whole race, or sports soft for the whole race, or use racing rain for 1 stint and sports soft for another stint. No mixing is permitted (eg front - racing rain, rear - sports soft). Div 2 and 3 differs only in so much as racing intermediate tyres are also allowed. So you guys can use 1, 2 or all 3 tyre types during the race. Again no mixing.

Team captains will check the replay to make sure everyone has complied. If you accidentally put on racing hards (which you will need to purchase so as you can access rain and intermediate tyres) or intermediates if you are in Div 1, then you must pit for a set of allowed tyres at the end of the next lap to avoid a penalty.

Finally, please get out and run some laps. This is a relatively short race, but the wet track and multiple tyre options mean that strategy is key. There will be off's and penalties and pit errors, so no matter how far back you are, just keep on trucking - this race won't be over till the fat lady's tonsils are quivering!!
  18. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Have had my folks staying all week, so apart from a messy run on Friday night in the Amuse, I've not touched GT5. Had planned on doing a quick test before tonight to check settings, but that hasn't happened until now. When I initially tested the wet track settings, they did seem pretty consistent, but after a couple of test sessions today it proved to be less consistent than I remember.

As has been mentioned, it dries quick. So the initial aim was to start the race with around 90% track coverage. This may be very hard to achieve with a full grid, so please as soon as the captain resets the room for qual, get out on track and hook in.

I expect the 3 rooms to have trouble in the wet, but Div 1 should cope the best. Cyber or I will start the race when coverage hits 90% whether (or weather...) you have finished your hotlap or not. Remeber Div 1, NO INTERMEDIATES!! Racing Wet or Sports soft only.
    For Div 2, Stumbles will start the race when track coverage has reached 85%. For Div 3, Clevo can leave it run up to 80% before starting the race. Stumbles and Clevo may start the race sooner if everyone in the room has finished a hotlap.
    Good luck lads, let's make it a good end to the season!
  19. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Won't be there tonight, have fun.
  20. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Ok Thanks for the heads up darko
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.