SEASON 12 RACE OF CHAMPIONS

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by t_b_williams, Oct 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    SEASON 12 - RACE OF CHAMPIONS
    [​IMG]

Hey guys, just wondering who would be interested in a handicapped race between the top two drivers from each Div. Plus the winners of the stand alone events held during the season.
    I.E. Div 1 - Warrior, Mustafur 1+2, Anon (back to the future), N64 (caterham90)
    Div 2 - Nugget, S_Close
    Div 3 - T_B_ , Sparklehead unavailable, Darko
    Labour day double header winner -
    GT5 Tribute race winner -

10 Laps around SSR5 in the NSX-R, with handicap worked out using the average fastest lap between the drivers per Div.
    No qualifying just a reverse grid of sorts,
    1. Darko
    2. T_B_
    3. S_Close
    4. Nugget
    5. Anon?
    6. N64
    7.Mustafur
    8.Warrior

This would see the Div 3 guys start then
    Div 2 guys at +6sec
    Div 1 guys at +15sec
    This should see all the drivers coming to the line at the same time ( roughly ):confused:
    Sunday 13th Oct. 8:00pm AEDST. Would be Ideal to get it done before the new season.

Sooooo who's in? Or has any ideas/input?

DRIVERS COMPETING
    2. T_B_
    3. S_CLOSE
    6. N64
    7. MUSTAFUR
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  2. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Love the idea!!!!! but would suggest the top 3 to get a 9 car grid. Is it using the NSX (one stupid question per driver allowed....lol)
  3. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Yeah using the NSX. Suggested the top two as it is they that usually get moved up to the next Div. Plus would leave room for anyone wanting to watch/ cheer on their respective champs. But if the majority want to go top three then than is doable. Will have to look at the average lap times again to see if it affects the handicap by much if anything.

Oh and one more thing would be looking for a Host too, as I run wireless, and while this season my connection has been fairly stable, I have had issues in the past.
  4. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Count me in!!!!!! This should always be done at the end of each season, great idea TB
  5. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Would be good, but keep in mind the div 1 guys still have to pass it would require some god like speed to win off that i think lol.
  6. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    What about adding the people that also won the community one off races as well since that season(if they are already there go to the next highest till there is someone).
  7. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Was thinking of that today Mus. The time differences are the average lap times x 10. might take 1 maybe 2 sec off div 2 handicap and 2-4 sec of div 1 handicap to accommodate that. what do you think. Want everyone to have a chance at winning. Hard to do.
  8. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Will have a look at that. In that case I will keep it at the top two from the Divisions and then add the others.
  9. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Div 1 will have more consistency though so i guess it could work better as just the original gap.
  10. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    looks like it will be 4 Div 1 drivers as Anon won the Back to the future race, and N64 won the caterham event. Could add the Labour day winner from monday if they aren't already in. re calculating Div 1 handicap now.
  11. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Adding the other two helps your cause Mus. Drops the Div 1 handicap to 15 sec.
  12. sparklehead83

sparklehead83 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    sorry mate, going on a month long road trip on this thursday morning. so won't be able to make it
  13. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Thought you might be a no show. Weren't sure when you were leaving. No worries.
  14. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    why not go off the runner ups for the one off races if the winner has already qualified?

which would mean: X4rotor for coming 2nd in the M3 race, and tek for coming 3rd(overall) in the labour day race(top 2 apart from grinder are already in, but grinder isn't a member so next is Tek).

thats probably taking it to an extreme though but it would give a healthy grid.
  15. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    X4rotorsploxX S.Leonheart (GT6)
    I can hardly be counted as a "champion" when I'm yet to win anything lol...
  16. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I came 2nd in the Caterham race, does that qualify?
  17. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Great idea TB. I'm lacking pedals at the moment. I will be there if my feet can join, otherwise I wish everyone good luck.
  18. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Grab a controller and have some fun Anon.

If we don't start getting some replies form the guys listed at the top then yes I will start to open it up to the runners up and next in line from the stand alone events. So keep your fingers crossed emmo.

will wait until sat. then will edit the driver list and re calculate the handicaps accordingly.

So stay tuned champs.
  19. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'll pull my head in on this one, my second place at the Caterham race has no merit as there were only two finishers due to massive connection problems. I would only get in the way at SSR5 anyway as my performance there was very ordinary.
  20. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Sorry boys, no chance for me this Sunday night. Got a few things on and no idea when I'll be home. Don't want to stuff you around.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.