Season 13 - Division 2

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

2. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Congrats @disturboed you were just too consistent, well won.
    I didn't expect to end up second after my S#!tshow last week, things weren't looking any better in practice through the week until I swapped to the other setup and completely changed driving style today, BAM suddenly a second a lap quicker and not spinning every 3rd lap!
    Apologies for last week, better times ahead. :thumbsup:
  3. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Stoked to come away with another victory this round, certainly was not expecting it and I certainly had to fight for it.

Got a PB in quali, dipping into the 4's for the first time, but stil a couple of tenths off sparky, and then the late charges from brenticles and anth put me back into 4th spot. Got a decent start off the line, moving up the inside of sparky who looked to get slightly baulked, but the outside into T1 is preferred and he was ahead on the run to T2. Still in 4th, was following the lead pack, then heading into the back section sparky just must of clipped a kerb on the first right hand kink which sent his car spinning wildly. Up into third now.

Anth was leading us all, brenticles in 2nd, and I started to close down the gap, but every time I started to get a little closer, I would make a small mistake and drop a few tenths. Anth was setting a good pace up front. Couldn't get past Brenticles easily, wasn't going to use my PTP just yet, so was trying to pressure him into a mistake, but I was the one who was making them! By lap 7, the fronts had started to fade, so I pitted at the end of lap 9 to see if the undercut would work. I managed to leapfrog Brenticles who pitted the next lap, so he must of had a moment somewhere as I don't think i could have made up that much time in one lap. Anth stayed out till lap 14 or so with Natman hot on his heels, and I had been able to put in some decent laps in between flying past them as they trundled down pit lane having also used 2 PTP to help. Natman jumped Anth by not taking tyres.

Brenticles was not letting me run away with it, always hovering around 1-2 seconds behind. The laps where winding down and with about 4 to go, the fronts again were fading fast. So coming into final laps, it was me, brenticles, natman and anth who was struggling to find a way past natman, even with fresh tyres on. I still had 8 PTP left with about 3 laps to go, and I knew I was going to need them for defense. Brent started to make his move so it was all about judicious use of the PTP hitting it a bit later than he did and positioning the car.

One lap he got a good run on me up the short hill under the bridge but i was able to hang around the outside of the lefthander and kept the inside line for the right going down the hill, all while giving space as the last thing i wanted was for some side to side contact sending one or both of us off into the grass. This battling had drawn natman and anth right up to us, with natman and anth getting past brent with only a lap or two remaining. Natman had some good life left in his tyres and he started to push me, but I was being extra cautious about keeping it on the black stuff and off those damn kerbs, and coming onto the last lap, I still had some PTP's so I used them up to try and make a small break which lasted until I crossed the line!

Well done @natmanscoop, @brenticles & @Anthonyb for some hard but fair racing, looking forward to next week once again.
  4. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I'm ecstatic with the P4 I got last night.

I was never going to outdo the bonkers times you guys put up in quali so I was happy to start at P6 lol. We ran down to T1 and two teammates came together beside me, I stayed conservative and got through the corner clean. One of those teammates ran wide and came barreling back onto the circuit with zero care or regard for anyone who might be occupying the track after getting through cleanly. He took me out and didn't attempt to redress, leaving me dead last. Ok, I guess it's time to breathe through it and focus now. I know the circuit well so I just tried to drive without errors. Slowly but surely I made up some positions, some through other people's errors and some through passing opportunities. With a few laps to go I had the lead pack in my sights so I used my remaining PTP to catch up. We were running in a very close train for the last couple of laps and when I saw Anth spin on the second last corner my heart sank for him. The last lap was spent right on Brent's tail but I ran out of laps to make a move. All in all coming from last to P4 is still very satisfying. Well done podium and thanks to everyone for racing.
  5. AdgeR502

AdgeR502 Rookie

I was happy with the majority of my race was not fast compared to most but was pretty consistent was sitting in 8th for most of the race then on the last corner of 2nd to last lap ended up hitting the curb which spat me into the grass. So ended up at the back bit made one position up on last lap so came 11th. Spewing
  6. Anthonyb

Qualified on pole .003 Infront of brenticles with a pb 1 second faster than my previous best:D
    Got a good start and lead the field away with turbo Brent and sparky fighting behind me. Sparky disappeared leaving Brent and turbo to apply the blow torch to my rear. Started to increase my lead and found a good rhythm.
    Around lap 7 Stozz DSC and I lost grip and concentration turbo pitted soon after and Brent went in a lap later.
    While all of this was going on up front natman had closed the gap and had started to pressure me I pitted lap 13 or 14 with Nat right behind me.
    I took front tyres and Nat didn't so he got the jump on me, turbo and Brent shot past on pit exit and I had some work to do. DJ was starting to close in also. Had good front grip and was monstering Nat but couldn't get past was saving my ptp for the last couple of laps we had bridged the gap to turbo and brenticles. Nat and I got past Brent with 1 and a half laps to go. Then the worst night mare turn 13 outside curb and around I go 3rd to 5th in a blink. Pissed off now with 1 lap to go and still 6 push to passes left I let rip and set the fastest lap time.
    Great race and nice and clean up front. Congratulations turbo on the win well done Brent and natman on the podium. Also big shout to DJ for your 4th from last.
    Great fun but disappointed in myself but looking forward to next week.
    Catch you on track.
    Ant
  7. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Bad luck mate, I have had plenty of times where I have cried myself to sleep:D
    dj2ca, garyw61 and Anthonyb like this.
  8. Anthonyb

I think the last lap would of been a 5 car drag race the could of been epic or carnage. :cautious:
    natmanscoop, dj2ca and garyw61 like this.
  9. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    garyw61, Anthonyb and dj2ca like this.
  10. Anthonyb

11. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Apologies again for the touch into Rivazza 1 @disturboed - that very much ruined my plan of following you around for 90% of the race!
    After that it was just head-down and pump-out as many high 1m43s as I could without hurting the rear tyres, early stop to undercut @Anthonyb and just keep going. I think @Anthonyb skipped tyres and gambled on just 1ltr fuel?
    Very happy to bag my first win in Div.2 in a long time.
    stucar17, garyw61 and Anthonyb like this.
  12. Anthonyb

Qualified 3rd which was a bit of a surprise as I had a moment coming into pit straight on my flying lap but with only 30 seconds left in qually I had to make it work 10 PTPs and pushed hard with not a bad time.
    Got a reasonable start shifted to second a little early and it bogged down Brent got up beside me and then I was a little conservative into 2 and got a little swamped. But out of turns 3 4 there was a coming together and cars shot off everywhere and somehow I came out unscathed.
    Natman and turbo had made a bit of a gap to me so it was head down and try to catch them.
    Coming down the hill into the double left hander I noticed turbo off in the gravel and Nat pulling to the left to redress. Well that was easy to grab first.
    From there it was just get the head on and make hay while the sun shined. But that wasn't to be I kept making small mistakes not costing a lot but enough to hurt me later in the race. I pitted around lap 23 I think with DJ about 12 sec behind I didn't take tyres and no need for any fuel. DJ hadn't pitted yet and Nat was 30+ seconds back with Turbo not too far behind. DJ went past then Nat and as I pulled out Turbo whistled past I had lost my rhythm a little and Turbo started to extend his advantage it took half a lap to get it right again with 10 PTP in hand and about 3 laps to go I was optimistic that I might be able to get to second but I couldn't quite make the time up to Turbo as the front end grip wasn't there to give 100% everywhere.
    Happy with 3rd congratulations to @natmanscoop on the win and @disturboed on second.
    Catch you on track
    Ant
    dj2ca likes this.
  13. AdgeR502

AdgeR502 Rookie

Qualified 12th which isn't unusual with how fast everyone else was. I don't get time to practice during week. Had my best race so far in this division. Was 8 or 9 most the race pitted and was back to 11 the then got back up to 9th. Then on last lap there was an incident in front of me and managed to jump into 8th and that's where I finished I'm happy with that. Also ran the car on loose setting and liked the extra turn in I was getting. Didn't take tyres at our stop and they held up fine
    stucar17 and dj2ca like this.
  14. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Qual on pole, with a 1.41 dead, not my fastest time, I had managed a 40.2 on low fuel in practice a little earlier (even after pushing @garyw61 out of the way at T3 :roflmao::roflmao::whistling:), but my qual lap was a bit scrappy and i messed up coming back onto the pit straight costing me a few tenths.

Got a great start and maintained the lead, tried to get into a rhythm early and see if i could break away a little, but Natman was sitting back half a second behind me not letting go. I was noticing a distinct lack of grip and the car was very skaty and light in the front. I was really fighting to keep it on the road it felt like.

A few laps in and coming down the hill into the 2nd last turn, @natmanscoop had outbraked himself and bumped me off track into the gravel. This let @Anthonyb through for the lead as natman slowed to redress. With the dirty tyres, braking for T1 was interesting as I went into a full four wheel lockup slide situation, I just managed to hold onto it but Natman had a moment as he tried to poke the nose down the inside.

Tried to then chase down Ant who was a few seconds ahead and I would slowly catch him but never really got close, I was really struggling with lack of grip I could barely do 1.44 lap times. Ant started to extend the lead up to over 5 seconds. Natman was on his back and was closing in on me but he pitted around the end of lap 9. I pushed on to the end of lap 17, knowing that it was very likely Natman would undercut me, which he did by about 3 or 4 seconds as I exited the pits. Ant had kept going so I tried to push to make up the time plus any extra he may have gained by not taking tyres.

I managed to jump him a few laps later as he exited the pits (just), and I was starting to slowly reel Natman in as well. The grip vanished about 6 laps from the end again, and there was a bit of a see-saw going on with the gap. I started to use some PTP's to try and close in, and I did get reasonably close - within a few tenths - but not really to a point where I could make a lunge. Finished the race in 2nd spot.

Was so weird having it feel so much different to the full practice run the night before. Oh well. Stil a solid result considering.

Well done to Natman for converting in to the win and Ant for grabbing that final podium step.

Bring on the Rain!!
    Dazza, dj2ca, Anthonyb and 1 other person like this.
  15. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Qualified way down the order in P9 or something I think. Managed to get through the first few turns cleanly as other cars were being pinged off left, right, and centre. Sat in P5 behind Freddy until he had a moment and then I sat in P4 for the rest of the race. I waited a long time to pit and watched the podium boys fly past while I was in there. Very happy to once again get a P4 among some very quick drivers in this division.
    Dazza, garyw61 and Anthonyb like this.
  16. Anthonyb

17. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Well, last night was pretty fun.

I threw away my quali session when I went wide exiting turn 7, the ripple strip pulled me straight out onto the grass. That was after five PTPs too, very frustrating. I went again and used the remainder of my presses on the next lap, knowing that it wouldn't be great with the extra wetness. Qualified P7 but with Prodigy disconnecting at the start of the race and not making it back I was pushed up to P6 for the rolling start.

I honestly don't remember much for most of the race, I was so focused on the apexes that it's kind of a blur until the last third. I got past someone with a PTP at the end of Kemmel straight and tried to put my head down a bit while they battled the car behind. I waited until the end of lap 8 to pit, some went in the laps before but Angry stayed out much longer. Somehow in the pits I managed to jump one to two cars which put me in P3 chasing Angry and Turbo. Angry hadn't pitted yet so once he did it was Turbo and I up front. Slowly each lap I was taking tenths out of him and gapping the cars behind, which was really very surprising to me if I'm honest. By the time we had six-ish laps to go I was right on Turbo and seemed to have better pace but I turned in a fraction too much at turn 16 and had a pretty big moment after hitting the standing water there. Turbo pulled away. Within another couple of laps I was right on his gearbox again but I tapped him coming into the bus stop (missed my brake marker) so I slowed up and redressed the contact. I probably gave a bit too much of a gap though and could never get past him in the end. We were driving super hard for those last six or so laps of the race, right on the knife's edge. Great defending Turbo, congrats on the win, and thanks for the racing, that was a lot of fun. Congrats to Brent on the other podium position and thanks to everyone for racing.

I might put up some footage of our battle sometime this week.
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    disturboed and Anthonyb like this.
  18. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
  19. AdgeR502

AdgeR502 Rookie

As usual I didn't qualify well with a q11. But we did a rolling start and with someone not rejoining I started 10th. The start was a funny one with cars going very slow I thought we were off and ended up rear ending someone on the start straight luckily neither of us spun. Wa having a really good race and was up to 8th doing really consistent times and was catching the guys in front then had a moment and dropped a wheel onto the grass which spun me around and with everyone so close that out me back to 11th. Pushed on and was clawing back the time lost and catching the guys in front of me but had another couple of moments and that's where I stayed. Frustrated.
    disturboed, stucar17, garyw61 and 2 others like this.
  20. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Another great result for myself, especially considering I definately was not the fastest on track for the race.

Quali 2nd, half a second behind prodigy. i was annoyed with my lap, i stuffed up the start double shifting to fourth then having to go back to third on the start/finish straight, and i clipped the inside kerb at No Name which put the front wheels in the air and you can't steer when that happens apparently. I also finished the lap the same way I was starting it for some dumb reason (going out wide in final turn F1 style). Apart from these 3 goofs, the rest of the lap felt OK.

After Prodigy didn't ready up in time and then indicated he was out, I started from effective pole for the start, and half way around, my power went out, stupid circuti breaker!! And then it wouldn't stay switched on, so I was furiously trying to work out what was causing it to trip, eventually it decided to stay on, but then had to wait for the modem to reset and get sync back which takes FORRRREEEEVVVVVVVVEEEEERRRRRRRRR. Thankyou all of Div 2 for patiently waiting and doing a restart.

2nd race start was a roller, and got a good jump away after waiting for pack to get past final turn. Led for a couple of laps, but Sparky was on his way up pretty fast. It wasn't long and he was on my tail and through into the lead on about lap 3 or so. I tried hanging with him, but the Spa master was too fast and by lap 7 he was 3 seconds up the road. The track started to dry and I clawed back some time, gap down to 2 seconds, On the exit of Les Combes he nicked the outside curb and sent him straight off into the opposite fence. Back into the lead and I decided to pit as the spray had disappeared. Sparky got held up in pits for some reason, so was able to gap him a bit, and once Angry had pitted a few laps later, I was in front with a nice margin.

DJ had made his way up into 2nd spot and started hunting me down. The gap started decreasing and I couldn't quite match his pace, so was already preplanning my defensive moves and was keeping an eye on the gap-o-meter to see where either one of us was fastest. He definitely had the edge on me in S2 by a good chunk, but I was able to just break out enough in S3 to keep him from gaining a good draft. About 3 laps from the end, after he had closed right up, I used my first PTP on the Kemmel straight to try and reinflate the cushion a little, and later in the same lap he had a moment around T16 erasing all his gains.

I thought I was going to have an easy run to the flag, but by the final lap he was right back on me again and there was a touch as he outbraked himself into the bus stop, I went off track, but luckily not into a wall, and I quickly got back on it and passed DJ who redressed the contact. I tried to do a quali lap as I had 9 PTP's left and I used them all up but the tyres had seen their best days so I did pull away a little but didn't even set my fastest lap time.

So relieved to cross the line in first, especially knowing i was nowhere near the quickest in race trim, had weird brake locking sending me into drift style entries into some turns!

Well done to DJ on the 2nd spot, and it was so fun trying to defend against you. Well done also to brenticles on the 3rd spot, and the hard luck award must go to Sparky, AGAIN!

Indy road sprint round is next. Looking forward to it.
    dj2ca, garyw61, Anthonyb and 2 others like this.