Season 3 - Radical SR3-RS Tuning Thread

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by COME_AND_GET_ME7, May 1, 2016.

1. zuluwoffle

zuluwoffle Team Driver

PSN ID
    zuluwoffle
    Track temp 39C?!?!?! You running the correct race date? Bit high for winter in Brno. I've only seen it as high as 28C using the setting in the OP thread.
  2. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Sorry. Had a few settings wrong in free practice.
    Turned mech failures off and adjusted season :)
    Into the 1.55.3s now
    I can sniff a 1.54 :)
    Spidey_11 and zuluwoffle like this.
  3. ADZA_85

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Thanks CAGME. Adjusted :)
    stucar17 likes this.
  4. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Your tyre temps in your previous post are very hot - the tyres generally have an operating window of 80-105 deg (and within that in my experience best grip is in the 90-100 deg range). Anything over 105 and you'll be losing grip (and causing excessive wear), so add cold tyre pressure to bring the temps down.

At the moment with that front left temp you'll probably be understeering on every right hand corner, costing you lots of time. Tip - the most important corners on this track are all right handers, so get that under control and you should see some improvement.
    Spidey_11 and ADZA_85 like this.
  5. ADZA_85

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Ok thanks Spectre.
    Im running the pressures specified by VHMIK.
    Will add some pressure to the left tires or all 4?
  6. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Running vh_miks pressures is a good place to start, but everyones driving style is different and he may not work the tyres as hard as you are - so use them as a guide, but fine tune them to suit you

im not sure what your current temps are (the ones you posted previously were based on a 28deg track temp) but in general add 0.05bar to bring them down about 5deg - try to get them all down into the 95-100 deg range.
    ADZA_85 likes this.
  7. ADZA_85

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Great advice. Thanks Spectre
  8. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Playing with the tyre pressures may only get you so far, but its the easiest way to try and improve the grip situation - but it will leave you with an asymmetric setup, but IMO as long as it doesnt cause any weird behaviour (differences between left and right hand cornering behaviour) and feels good to you, then go with it (some people are strongly against asymmetric setups).

Another way to help improve the situation is to stiffen the sway bars both front and rear (try and keep the same balance front to rear if you're happy with it) - this has the effect of reducing body roll and reducing the weight transfer onto the left side of the car, thus forcing the right hand tyres to work harder and keeping their temp up. Caution - stiffening too much may reduce overall cornering grip, if you find this then i'd leave your sway bars as is.
    Last edited: May 9, 2016
  9. ADZA_85

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Ive actually reduced sway bar tensions to try and increase a small amount of roll and reduce 4 wheel slide ..
    I dont mind an asymetric setup.
    The_Spectre likes this.
  10. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    @The_Spectre , can you post here for the information of everyone, what your understanding of the difference between "asymmetric" and "symmetric" in the tire change options.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2016
  11. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

In the pit options toggling asymmetric allows you to change the tyre compound for each wheel individually. Having it on symmetric means that if you change the compound of 1 tyre all tyres will change to that compound.

Spectre used asymmetric to refer to having different tyre pressures on the left and right and has nothing to do with what you select in the pit options. Although your going to want it to be set to symmetric to prevent running wets and slicks at the same time.
    stucar17 likes this.
  12. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    I'd have to confirm within the actual pit strategy menu when I get home later tonight but from memory im pretty sure CAGME has it right.

Generally speaking - a symmetrical setup is the same on the left and right hand sides of the car (but can be different front to back), and asymmetric is different left to right.
    stucar17 likes this.
  13. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    @stucar17 - Just confirming that @COME_AND_GET_ME7 was correct on the pit strategy menu - In this context 'symmetrical' and 'asymmetric' relate to setting the tyre compounds at each corner for the pit strategy - to recap

on "Symmetrical" in the 'Change tyres' setting of the pit strategy menu if you change the compound of tyre on one corner it will change the other 3 to match it. This setting only affects the tyre compound, you can still set whatever pressure you want at each corner.

on "Asymmetrical" you can individually change each compound type without affecting the other corners (you can still change pressures at each corner like before) - This is only really useful if for some unknown reason you wanted to run wets on the back and softs on the front for some drift action...

The third option in that menu is to select "No" to changing tyres at the stop.

So when setting your pit strategy keep it on "Symmetrical" if you plan on changing tyres to avoid an unnecessary mistake (or triple check the compounds are all correct if you must use "asymmetrical"), or "No" if you're not changing tyres.
    stucar17 likes this.
  14. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Just in the process of practise with fastboy, I was cursing the car wondering why it was so weird and made so much power... Didn't think much of it until after an hour. Turns out we were in the v8, well done Ben :unsure:
    Good hour testing the wrong car :confused:
    Never trusting him to host again
    Last edited: May 10, 2016
  15. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    LOL
    seth123 likes this.
  16. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Your first mistake was trusting him in the first place :laugh:
  17. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: classic
    seth123 likes this.
  18. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    I spent the entire hour driving the v8 as it was the 4cyc trying to get on the power early and using the same braking markers. Probably the worst experience
    I even said I bet were in the wrong car but completely forgot about the v8 existing just having a laugh :cry:
    Since I've done more practise in the v8 all in favour for a last minute change :roflmao:
  19. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    i like the new sig seth. kinds reminiscent of older sponsor logos
    seth123 likes this.
  20. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

it has been awhile since i have played this game, was a bit of a kick in the guts when i almost put down a low 52 in the fog but, thought i was about to dominate rd 1
    seth123 likes this.