Season 4 PCARS: Tips and tricks page

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Beau_Albert, Jul 19, 2016.

1. autech91

autech91 Professional

They use the final chicane in WSBK I think, slows em down a bit
  2. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    oh didnt know that.
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Imola lost it's FIA rating which allows it to host F1 events, in order to retain it a new pit complex needed
    to be built, which resulted in the old Bassa chicane being torn up.
    TheJuzzy and dj2ca like this.
  4. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Ahhh okay. Fair compromise to get the rsting back. We dont have a gp at imola even now though do we?
  5. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    As i type, no. However there is ongoing debate currently about which italian circuit hosts the GP in 2018, Monza or Imola.

I believe the chicane is still there isn't it? Could've swore i've used it on a PCARS race before, its impossible to see with the straight being so flat and the chicanes kerbs have no depth, but i think in game its still there...
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  6. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    It is but it's not the original, that's just tarmac they added in afterwards so Superbikes could be held there.
  7. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Love it Juzzy!
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  8. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Want to see a fast lap of Imola?? Checkout Samsungs lap!!
    dj2ca, TheJuzzy and Beau_Albert like this.
  9. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Damn thats fast! Not taking anything away from that but did get a tow for the whole lap. Dont think that made too much difference thogh. Ultra quick.
    SPL Racing and TheJuzzy like this.
  10. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Also worth noting thats on much lower fuel, was the back end of a Full distance race. Nonetheless great lap!
    Your welcome for the ride along Sam ;)
  11. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Heres the live clip so you guys can see the wheel work and shift lights blah blah
    The_Spectre likes this.
  12. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
  13. autech91

autech91 Professional

No Motogp. The older tracks are not engineered well enough to host Motorcycle racing. Modern tracks have service roads running the length of the track meaning that when a rider has an off and has to be taken to medical, they don't need to throw out a red flag. Also older tracks tend to not have the run off areas for the speed of a Motogp bike, considering they are 260hp and weigh 160kg the speeds they reach is getting faster and faster, I think the new record this year is 356kmph at Monza... YEEEHAAAWWWW!

WSBK don't have quite as strict regs as the motogp so they are still hosted at some of these tracks, which is great as they are some of the best tracks in the world.
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  14. Beverages4017

Beverages4017 Rookie

PSN ID
    Beverages4017
    That lap was poetry!
  15. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    Hey there you lot , Just got a bit of practice in and helped out a couple of guy's and they helped me too . we did a 12 lap race with Tuddy , Redness & Cactus .
    My room hosting skill's are pretty :):):):) so it took us a while to get going . We got going in the end and I stalled it off the line and got going , caught up and passed the guy's , but I'll thought what's the point in just pissing off . So I waited for the guys to catch up then off we would go .
    Did this a couple of time's and we all got in to it .
    Now redness was behind me and with a couple of laps to go I let him by and said , " keep it on line and go as hard as you can with out blocking me , Just park it on the apex . And bugger me , he did , redness kept his line and held me up enough that I couldn't get a run on him or try a dive bomb , it was brilliant to watch , its what I would call race craft at it's best . I bloody forgot to save the replay .
    It's like what John Bowe , and Mark Skaif use to do if there car's weren't quite right , in slow , fast out and park it on the apex . I hope a lot of people read this coz this is what racing is all about .
  16. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    It may not be the green hell, but i still love this track! Heres my Round 2 Track Hotlap at the Nürburgring!

Any other laps or very useful tips will be posted and credited in the OP for ease of access :)
    George, Spidey_11, SPL Racing and 5 others like this.
  17. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Where did you get the local time from I haven't seen it posted yet. Do you have the date also?
  18. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Great video Beau and good explanation of the lap! There are many different lines around this track and all can be fast

Almost like the lap guide videos Tidgney does for the GT Academy rounds :)
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  19. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Just something i saw in one of the threads posted by Stu, it very well could be wrong but i don't believe the date/time change will be too dramatic here :) I went for 22/7/16 for reference

Cheers Spectre!! Appreciate it :)
  20. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Awesome beau, thanks man. this is great for the weeks that i dont have much time for practice. doing a great service for the PCars boys!
    Spidey_11 and SPL Racing like this.