Season 4 PCARS: Tips and tricks page

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Beau_Albert, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Hey guys, just to make life a little easier finding any laps if you wanted to go back and find one for whatever reason, i've put them all into a Playlist. Will keep updating for the final two rounds. :thumbsup: Just click below on the link to see it :)
    RACEONOZ S4 PLAYLIST
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  2. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    so i normally race with bumper cam, but with the closer racing im encountering this season i really need to get used to bonnet cam or roof cam, as i cant see ahead when im right behind someone. but i just dont get the same sense of speed from either of those. any advice? or is it just a case of practicing till i am used to it?
  3. Picko99

Picko99 Rookie

PSN ID
    picko_99
    Anyone looking for a boost at RA may want to find the invisible trampoline super boost as shown below
    @stucar17 if you heard me giggling like a schoolgirl last night, this was why...

4. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Yeah I have changed up to bonnet cam, gives a better fov and you can see through the windscreen of the car in front
    Zachery likes this.
  5. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Do any of you when doing ur camera settings use the Keyboard Ctrl+K setting? Allows you to adjust height/roll/location/fov of camera on the fly. I use it for a slightly lower and closer Roof Cam this season, its also how i did the 'no hands cockpit w/ steering wheel' glitch in the radical.
    Its fun to play around with finding out your ideal settings
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  6. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Havent tried it but i should. Bonnets just to far forward but if i can bring that right back an maybe up a bit it would be perfect.
  7. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Zharvs you can adjust the angle or field of view in the options menu to bring the view point forward or back to give you a better personal view. The value stays the same but will change wen you get into different cars due to the cars themselves as they have different dimensions. I.e. Roof cam on the gt3 cars are perfect, in the Ginetta gt4 I see a tad of the roof.
    Zachery likes this.
  8. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Didnt know it could be done in options. Cool. I have a numeric pad anyway so ill just map the buttons in there somewhere
  9. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    And with adjusting roll bars on the fly, can that be done in no tune lobbies and if so. Which way to i go to cut out some understeer?
  10. Beverages4017

Beverages4017 Rookie

PSN ID
    Beverages4017
    You can't change roll bars on the Ginetta on the fly. Gt3 cars can though and it can be done in no tune lobbies.. Just need to map them to your keyboard.
  11. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    damn, i have it all mapped, just wasnt sure if they could be adjusted on the GT4. might bring my bias back a touch see if that helps with my turn in.
  12. Beverages4017

Beverages4017 Rookie

PSN ID
    Beverages4017
  13. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
  14. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

If you find it's got understeer you need to soften the front like wise if you get too much over steer soften the rear but be careful that it's not pushing with understeer and snapping into oversteer when the front finds grip. That's how it works on a real car so it should be the same in the game.
    Ant
  15. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Had a good run tonight with a few guys and manage a 16 at RA. Chucking it up to test out the NBN (uploaded in like 1 minute compared to my old net of around 20-25 mins for this size clip).
  16. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Thought I'd get in early for Catalunya. Track temps are still being confirmed by Stu.
    The_Spectre, garyw61 and AOCleaner74 like this.
  17. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    For the second last time on PCARS...thankfully, Heres your weekly commentated Hotlap of the curving, winding roads of the Catalan Grand Prix Circuit :D

1:50:61x
  18. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    PSN: Ryzza5 / Steam: Ryzza5
    You're not doing Season 5?
  19. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    After the launch of ASSetto Corsa, yes i'll be doing S5 PCARS :)
    Kart-No-1 likes this.
  20. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    i see what you did there lol